pauloyoshi

Reaction score
THE 4-4-2 FORMATION
(4-1-3-2 DM ASYMMETRIC M(CL) as named on FM!!!)

attachment.php

Hello again,

I'm a natural born perfectionist ("a person who refuses to accept any standard short of perfection.").

Most of the times it's also a natural imperfection, other times it focus me trying to achieve a better solution.
This season I've tested a lot's of community shared tactics and even developed two reasonable tactics for FM19, but neither of them seemed to me be near the regularity of last season (FM18) SC DragonForce.

Keeping faithful to the 442 formation (with an asymetric defensive midfielder), my preferred tactics need to meet at least the following requirements:
- Strong defense (trying to reach a point where the opponent can't easily shoot against my nets);
- Simple processes on transitions and ball control, trying to keep control without forgetting to create oportunities and scores goals;
- Engaging attacking dynamics that are nice to see (I watch games on 3d);
- A strong teamwork where players are highly motivated to create goal opportunities and shoot towards goal.

Each time you shoot, you can win rebounds, free kicks, penalties, opponent red cards, corners, and even if you miss, you'll have time to reorganize defense. Same doesn't happens when you control the ball, don't shoot, don't focus on scoring. You loose the ball and you are done (goal against).

This year game engine and tactic construction envolved a bigger learner curve, but I've reached an amazing tactic with some strastoferic results on Champions League (won). Even other sub-teams (B/Reserves, Sub-23, Sub-19) won everything, so now is my everytime used tactic.

No OI's, everything else for the assistant managers take care. Make sure you try to improve your technical training managers and give time for the players to acquire the new tactic, until it become fluid. :)

Train the players for the roles. You also should train MAL or MAR for ML or MR positions. Determination and teamwork are good attributes to look for if you need to go the market. Don't steal a bank, get cheap players and give chances to youngsters on a long term save.

attachment.php

nxlnkb

attachment.php

attachment.php

When you can get this in 1st season on an average european team you don't need to change nothing.
Start of 2nd season and counting:

attachment.php

ENJOY IT AND HAVE FUN

View attachment 8009

nxlnkb

Last edited:
[video=youtube;ivd592eO-I0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivd592eO-I0[/video]

I have alredy stared new save few days ago and definitly after that,this will be my new test!Amazing job!Keep going!I like pefecionist mentality;)

I'll test without the TFF cheat throw in and give some results ASAP :)

I'll test without the TFF cheat throw in and give some results ASAP :)
Sure, credits for TFF for set pieces. Who doesnt like/want to use them, just change them for you own SP. :)

You may be a perfectionist, but your tactics are not xD.

Sadly tactic doesnt work after 5,6 games.

Seems like we should use 3 tactics and rotate them every 3 games.

Been working quite well for more than 10 games for me

I have 2 tactic that work without problem for more than 4 seasons.

Sadly tactic doesnt work after 5,6 games.

5/6 games is not enough for all squad to aknowledge new tactic sistems. You need to keep going, and sometimes get players that perform better at some roles. Better to have a long term project that just to stick to a day-by-day reaction. :)