Simao, Fernandes and Almeida to sign for Besiktas

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Simao has agreed a transfer to Besiktas and will leave in January after failing to hold down a first team place this season.

The Atletico fan favourite will join Portuguese national team mate Ricardo Quaresma in Turkey to form a lethal wing couple. The Turkish side will also sign Hugo Almeida from Werder Bremen and Manuel Fernandes from Valencia to add more Portuguese stars to their ranks.

Simao Signing Source
Hugo Almeida + Manuel Fernandes Signing Source

Thoughts on Portuguese National B Team? :p

Besiktas gathering a good squad of players now. However they should remember that a good team is one that works together. Not a group of stars.

Dan won't be happy since Simao is so good in his story! ;)

Have hardly heard of Fernandes tbh but sounds like Besiktas are going to have a pretty good team for the Turkish League :S

heard this last night, while watching the match. Great player

Besiktas gathering a good squad of players now. However they should remember that a good team is one that works together. Not a group of stars.

But in fairness, they're in the Turkish League - No offence to anyone but I imagine most of those players will rip apart that league without much difficulty/tactical intuition.

Dan won't be happy since Simao is so good in his story! ;)

Have hardly heard of Fernandes tbh but sounds like Besiktas are going to have a pretty good team for the Turkish League :S

Yeah, Simao's transfer fee is apparently just 900,000 Euros. What a steal!

Manuel Fernandes had two loan deals at Everton a few years back. Scored a screamer against United as well if I remember correctly. Almeida played and scored vs Spurs this season in the UCL.

Great signing in Simao, will do well with Ricardo on the flanks. Almeida is getting on in years now but might do a job. Fernandes was great with Everton and had spells of greatness with Valencia. Just can't get in front of Bangera or Albeilda

Don't know about them 'tearing up the league' Don't forget Galatasary,Buraspor and Fenerbache. I'm sure Besiktas are quite far off the pace this season.

Great signing in Simao, will do well with Ricardo on the flanks. Almeida is getting on in years now but might do a job. Fernandes was great with Everton and had spells of greatness with Valencia. Just can't get in front of Bangera or Albeilda

Don't know about them 'tearing up the league' Don't forget Galatasary,Buraspor and Fenerbache. I'm sure Besiktas are quite far off the pace this season.

Almeida is only 26 Kris. Lol, still got plenty of time.

Simao is 31, so surprised that he's going to Turkey and not back to Portugal but I guess he thinks it's good for his career. Agree with Fernandes. Just been unlucky with injuries and players ahead of him in the managers plans.

What a team they have now! Besiktas will be building for a European trophy, I bet. Quaresma, Simao and Almeida. That's some attacking line. And they have Turkish striker Nihat there too, he's good for banging in goals.

Cue the Besiktas stories on here.

OT: Fantastic signings, can see them dominating the turkish league.

Fernandes - guti - quaresma - simao - almeida

good set of players for turkish league

Well done I guess, I'd prefer to see portuguese players in better clubs, but Besiktas is regularly on european competitions, not bad.

Simao is 31, so surprised that he's going to Turkey and not back to Portugal but I guess he thinks it's good for his career. .

Or good for his bank balance :p

Aww. Simao rocks on my Athletico save !

They will have a real good team, Guti, Quaresma, Fernandes, Simao , Almeida and Nihat