This is absolute rubbish. I play the same formation with Celtic and still dont win everygame and I consider myself pretty good. Win the league but never undefeated. I agree this formation is good but no way at all possible that you have a record like this

This is absolute rubbish. I play the same formation with Celtic and still dont win everygame and I consider myself pretty good. Win the league but never undefeated. I agree this formation is good but no way at all possible that you have a record like this

It's not rubbish.. I played 10 games won all 10 by a large margin. I am Arsenal in 1st season with only Vidal as my purchase. :)

its not as simple as my everton tactic for the first half of the first season, i didnt do anything just put the 11 out n subs on the bench with balanced and default on everything...won like 10 games in a row XD

Just upload it mate it won't take more than 10 minutes.Anyway what's the player requirements and do u use any OI?

Yeah seems suspicious. Although he did beat Barca 8-0?! Even with cheating this would be nigh on impossible without a good tactic....

I suppose it needs other to test it and fnd out their feedback, Which I suppose is what he was hoping!!!

Come on guys....with the players he has he would win without playing.....chiellini dzeko aguero lukaku sissoko hazard P henrique....

will you post a screenshot of lukaku and his details. would like to see how he develops playing for a team that wins everything

I have accidently come up with almost the exact same formation and in my Liverpool game I have won most of my preseason games 4 or 5 nil (except strangely against Colchester where I had a poor 1-1) although I have Kuyt as a deep lying forward instead of a target man. What I haven't done yet is get Babel and Cole to stop crossing and move inside, as they waste alot of crosses.

First game trying this with Arsenal 1st season against Rangers in champ league was 4-0 win with 9 clear cut chances. lol Great stuff. Couple things i noticed though, large amounts of yellow cards because of hard tackling, i had to use the stay on feet shout but not before i had 1 guy sent off. Will try few more games, but great start. Also what pitch size and if any OI?
Glad to hear it worked for someone else! 5-10 clear cut chances seemed to be the norm for me.

I did actually forget to address the yellow cards. They are certainly an issue when you are playing aggressive tackling. I developed a pretty simple strategy that seems to eliminate send offs for 2 yellow cards. When I'm in a match and someone gets a yellow card, I tend to just switch that guy's tackling aggression down (typically from 'hard' to 'medium'). If it's a player who is given 'medium' tackling to begin with, I don't switch it down unless he got the card quite early on in the match. This tends to almost entirely do away with double yellow card issues while still allowing the rest of my team freedom to make good slide tackles. You will still occasionally get a guy sent off for a straight red card, but I think it's worth it because the aggressive tackling really helps a lot.

I never said that every team would go undefeated with this. The Man City team that went undefeated with this for me is absolutely godly. The team has 2 amazing players at every position so all the closing down and high tempo never leaves my team fatigued for the next match because I switch off players. I believe that makes the difference in letting me go undefeated. But winning the league, even if its as Celtic, is still a very good result to have.

It's not rubbish.. I played 10 games won all 10 by a large margin. I am Arsenal in 1st season with only Vidal as my purchase
Nice! I'm glad that it seems to work for other top teams.

this is **** with a mid table or below team
You might be entirely right. As I said, I have only used it with a really really good Man City side. It worked great for them and I hypothesized that it would still work great for a lesser side because it's so rigid and disciplined, but I wouldn't be THAT surprised if it didnt.

This is part of why I made this thread. As I've said, my game runs really slowly so the time I would need to take up to properly test this with a mid/bottom table team is more than it's worth. I figured I'd make a thread and other people could try it.

I wonder why it wouldn't work with lesser teams though. Have you tried it? Does it just leak goals, or what? I was surprised by how few goals my team gave up with this, especially since this tactic is not at all about keeping possession a lot, but it was also a great defensive side. One thing I noticed with this tactic is that the combination of a very rigid tactic with both wingers and wingbacks is that the wingbacks don't actually play as far up the pitch as they might otherwise. Since the tactic is so rigid, they keep themselves behind the wingers. I have suspected that this helps make the tactic better defensively than it might seem it would be, but I might be wrong with lesser teams.

Just upload it mate it won't take more than 10 minutes.Anyway what's the player requirements and do u use any OI?
I didn't generally use many instructions. I mean, sometimes I told my team to slow it up and/or retain possession if they were ahead near the end of a tough match in order to ensure victory. I fiddled around a bit with "Pass into space" because I thought my team was so athletic that that would work well, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference either way. Beyond that, I didn't consistently use any instructions, but rather occasionally used ones that seemed necessary in the given match. I am never really sure if my in-match instructions help or hurt though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Come on guys....with the players he has he would win without playing.....chiellini dzeko aguero lukaku sissoko hazard P henrique....
I am actually wondering that. My game runs really slowly so I dont have the time to properly test it with a lesser squad. I will say, though, that this same team doesn't get as great of results if I change their tactic (still really good results obviously, but not AS good), but then again, I haven't actually taken up the time to change the tactic and wait for it to be fully learned by the squad.

will you post a screenshot of lukaku and his details. would like to see how he develops playing for a team that wins everything
Gladly. Lukaku was my best player last year. Ill post a picture of him below.

Bear in mind:
I looked it up, though, and I got lucky and got a 180 PA Lukaku, which is the highest he can have. He won't end up this good on most games.

What I haven't done yet is get Babel and Cole to stop crossing and move inside, as they waste alot of crosses.
Yeah, for the first few years of this save, I had my Man City team playing down the flanks and the wingers didn't were set to hug the touchline. The results were still quite good, so I kept at it for a while, but watching the matches I couldn't help but conclude that they were wasting possession too much on silly crosses. As a result, I switched it to the through-the-middle tactic I described in the OP. That's what got the 38-0-0 and beat Barcelona 8-0.

I'm testing this tactic right now and after 23 minutes I'm loosing 5:0 against Manchester City :mad: I play with Blackburn.
__
I lost 12:0, 1 shoot, 79% possesion for City. I have pretty good team (Paulo Henrique, Yann M'vila, Alexis Sanchez etc). Gonna test it again with another team.

Last edited:
If you look at the original post, I have now uploaded the tactic (thanks to the poster who told me how to do it).

If you're going to try one, I'd say try the through the middle one. It worked best for me, though I have no clue which is better for other teams. I suspect teams who aren't as good might do better with the down the flanks one just because it's hard not to get a couple goals with a constant barrage of crosses (conversely, its hard to lay down a TON of goals, which a really good team can do going through the middle with this).

Anyways, feel free to fiddle with it a bit. I'm currently playing around with having my wingers cross the ball a medium amount only and do through balls often. I can't tell yet whether it's better or worse, so I uploaded the simpler version that I know worked well.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

I'm testing this tactic right now and after 23 minutes I'm loosing 5:0 against Manchester City :mad: I play with Blackburn.

Hahaha, umm did you move the defensive line back to slightly below halfway up the slider? That's what I recommend doing against top teams.

Also, I don't know much about Blackburn's squad. Is it actually conducive to the roles given to the players in this tactic? Bear in mind that I tailor-made my Man City squad for this tactic. I purposely bought players who would fulfill the roles in this tactic. If your players aren't suited to the roles, I imagine it won't work, nor would virtually any tactic in that circumstance.

Well, I tested this again and again I lost, this time against Aston Villa. I think this tactic won't work with my Blackburn team, gonna check the tactic with Sampdoria now.
__
Okay, played 2 matches with my Sampdoria team, against Bayern and Milan. Both I won, Pastore was a beast on advanced playmaker position.

Last edited:
Well, I tested this again and again I lost, this time against Aston Villa. I think this tactic won't work with my Blackburn team, gonna check the tactic with Sampdoria now.
__
Okay, played 2 matches with my Sampdoria team, against Bayern and Milan. Both I won, Pastore was a beast on advanced playmaker position.

Wow that's really odd. Blackburn losing that horribly to Man City and losing to Aston Villa is horrible, but Sampdoria beating Bayern and Milan is fantastic. I wonder why it works so well with one team and not the other.

EDIT: I have a theory about this. I assume you were using M'Vila as DM in your Blackburn game, and he's not very tall. Were your defenders not too tall either? I have a theory that this tactic might require tall DCs and DM in order to work best because otherwise the opponent will exploit the flanks and get goals from crosses.