Hi, what do u use for OI and match prep?

Eh, I just generally do "ask assistant" for OI to be honest. Again, it's simple.

As for match prep, I did a few things over the course of the year. To begin with, I did low match prep on team blend so that my team would get accustomed to the tactic (and I had new players so I wanted to make sure they blended into the squad well). After a while, though, when I was getting to the tail end of the season where I had really important matches, I did high match preparation focusing on attacking movement.

EDIT: I have a theory about this. I assume you were using M'Vila as DM in your Blackburn game, and he's not very tall. Were your defenders not too tall either? I have a theory that this tactic might require tall DCs and DM in order to work best because otherwise the opponent will exploit the flanks and get goals from crosses.
I can't agree with you, coz my Sampdoria's DM is Palombo, and as you can see, he's even shorter than M'vila. I've used also Phil Jones and Christopher Samba on CB position in my Blackburn, they're tall, so I think it doesn't depend on height.

Played next 2 matches, again both of them won with really good results.

btw, I can't get the best of Cassano, do you think I should change his position to "complete forward"?

I can't agree with you, coz my Sampdoria's DM is Palombo, and as you can see, he's even shorter than M'vila. I've used also Phil Jones and Christopher Samba on CB position in my Blackburn, they're tall, so I think it doesn't depend on height.

Played next 2 matches, again both of them won with really good results.

btw, I can't get the best of Cassano, do you think I should change his position to "complete forward"?

Hmm well it was a theory. I thought of it because the Man City team I used this with happens to have all tall and good jumping DCs and DMs and I decided not to get M'Vila because of his height. If it's not that, then its a mystery to me why the tactic failed so badly with your Blackburn team. Glad it's working on the other save though!

As for Cassano, I assume you currently have him as the poacher, which he doesn't quite have the pace/acceleration and goalscoring abilities to be ideal for (though his dribbling should make him solid), whereas he has great passing ability that is somewhat squandered as a poacher. I imagine that using him as a complete forward instead would probably work pretty well, though I obviously can't say for sure.

I imagine that using him as a complete forward instead would probably work pretty well, though I obviously can't say for sure.
Yup, I changed his role and he plays absolutely better.

Next win, against Brescia 5:0.

Even though you are man city, this is a great achievement. However, sorry if you didn't cheat but i can't help but thinking you must have cheated lol. could you post a screenshot of how many times you saved the game?

To get those results you'd have to save/load your game a gaziljon times, cause beating Barca 8-0 is really rare.

if u leave man city alone they are dangerous

look at this

played 1 game with it using the information you gave result Here

but have you tweaked tour set-pieces?

I just don´t understand why do always people say that someone´s cheated. The number of saves doesn´t mean cheating. Not everyone spends all the time playing the game or have a super pc. Grow up.
Great op and great thread by the way. I would love if u could upload the tac mate. I tried to follow ur instructions but the attack is weak. Cheers.

I agree with fantasma.
Good work ;)

Clearly it mainly works with strong teams only, as you wouldn't expect to win with those tactics against a much bigger team than you, but thanks for sharing anyway.

He's cheating and we all know it theres simple ways to do what he's doing,nobody can beat barca 8-0 c'mon, and 21-0 is just a laugh.

Nothing is impossible on FM , I agree it is highly unlikely he beat Barca 8-0 but until you know for a 100% fact , that he has cheated , he hasn't.
However , even if he has "cheated" , what is it to anyone else?
Its his own game , he can do what he wants.

He's cheating and we all know it theres simple ways to do what he's doing,nobody can beat barca 8-0 c'mon, and 21-0 is just a laugh.

maybe in the future, like 2020. lol

just imagine what happened to leeds, epl champs, came to uefa champs leahue, and then slowly got relegated.

To get those results you'd have to save/load your game a gaziljon times, cause beating Barca 8-0 is really rare.

I won't argue that I would have beaten Barcelona 8-0 very often if I played that game over again and again (though I am certain my team would win at least 90% of the time). I'm sure 8-0 would be quite rare. But the result being rare does NOT mean I save/loaded the game again and again. If it's possible for my team to get that result, whether it's rare or not, then it IS possible for it to have happened on the first attempt, which it did.

I assure you it is quite possible to beat Barcelona 8-0 without cheating, because I did it. How do you think I cheated? Do you think I used FMRTE to change my players' stats or something? I absolutely did not do that. I obviously can't prove that to you 100% but I can assure you that I would not bother spending the time to do an entire season with a cheated team. There's no real joy in winning if you've changed stats, and if there's no joy, I'm really not gonna spend like 10+ hours on it.

And as for 21-0, I dont even think that that result was THAT ridiculous. I mean, Hyde is a bottom table team in the Blue Square North league. They're only semi-professional. I think it took a fairly good offensive tactic to be able to create enough chances to score 21 goals in a game, but it really wasn't THAT absurd for a really good Man City to beat a semi-pro team 21-0. As someone pointed out on this thread, stuff like that has happened in real life friendly games. The 8-0 game over Barcelona was far better.

played 1 game with it using the information you gave result Here

but have you tweaked tour set-pieces?

Nah. The tactic I uploaded (if you look at the OP I put downloads in now) has the Target Man set to attack the far post while the DC who normally is set to attack the far post is simply set to Go Forward. I figure most teams' best header will be their target man and you want your best header on the far post as that's where the most corner goals come from in FM. That was the only change I made. And of course, if you wanted to maximize the effectiveness of corners even more, you could set your team to always Attack the Far Post on corners, but some people see this as an exploit.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Clearly it mainly works with strong teams only, as you wouldn't expect to win with those tactics against a much bigger team than you, but thanks for sharing anyway.

What about this tactic do you think wouldn't work with lesser teams? Just that it's a very attacking tactic? I really did think that the rigidity, high discipline, and low roaming would be good for a weaker team. And while it might not be advisable to play such attacking football against way stronger teams, I don't see why a second division team couldn't use attacking football effectively against other second division teams.

people are doing my heading saying 21-0 it was a friendly vs Hyde non league team. so that can be done. and if you look @ this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/4-2-2-2-il-devasto-t60554/post918566.html
& this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/4-2-2-2-il-devasto-t60554/post939446.html

it can be done

OMG haha, 9-2 at the Camp Nou with Leicester is even more insane than 8-0 at neutral ground with Man City. 7 goals for Yaya Sanogo haha.

EDIT: Also, to add more legitimacy to my claims, my tactic seems to be pretty similar to the tactic from that link, so it can't be that ridiculous that it has yielded similarly good results

Last edited:
best tactic for fm2011 so far. nearly reach the champions league final with dinamo zagreb in the second year. on my way to the semis my team beat real m. and roma in the group stages. liverpool (3:2 away; 1:0 at home) and man utd (3:1 away; 1:0 at home) were crushed in the 1st ko round resp. quarter finals. great work

hi lessthanjake

may i know you using flank or middle for 38 matches 38 wins?

i using middle and playing 4 games 4 wins