Singapore:Small nation with big dreams

Do you find this story an interesting Idea?

• Nope,I will not follow it at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

udbhav45

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys.I have always been interested in doing an international team story with one of the smaller nations and after reading KingEric's Ethopia story I was inspired to start this Singapore one although it is no where near to the challenge KingEric faces with Ethopia

Singapore
World Ranking:123
Leagues-S-League and Prime League
Top Club-SAFFC

My main aim is to qualify for the Asian Cup with looks hard due to the fact that we have been drawn in with Asian giants Iran and Jordan and also regional powerhouses and our fierce rivals Thailand.Qualification looks a distant possibility but with some luck i hope to get a result against Jordan which will be my main hope.I will b updating regulary from tommorow as that is when my exams finish.Hope you guys enjoy my story

I hope to lead my team to qualification something which we have no achieved since our automatic qualification in 1983 because we were the host nation so I will be attempting to make a bit of history here.World Cup is something which I wont be thinking about for now atleast but with a few good regens 2018 is my aim to lead the Republic out into the World Cup

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Captians announced-

Captian-

web_john.jpg

John Wilkinson

A dynamic midfielder who has played for English LOwer league side Exeter City.His had some good influence and was by far the best player on the team.Will hope he changes the aura around the tea,

Vice-Captian-
Lionel Lewis
08lionellewis5.jpg

My no 1. goalkeeper.Has bags of experience and is a great shot-stopper who I belive has the quality to play for top regional clubs and maybe even some moderate clubs in Japan and the Australia

Hot Prospect:
Harris Harun
Hariss-street-wear.jpg

By far my most talented prospect.He played for the national team when he was only 16 and now at 18 top Serbian Club Red Star Belgrade are rumoured to be tracking him.A dynamic an feist midfielder

Last edited:
WoW! A rare Singapore story! Will definitely be following this one mate! Good luck! (H)

Ok guys thought I will give you all an insight into the footballing situation in Singapore---

Ok basically there are two leagues in Singapore the S-League and the Prime League.The main clubs play in the S-League and there 'b' teams play in the Prime League along with a few other smaller clubs such as Singapore Recreation Club.Sometimes the main clubs play youngsters in the Prime League to bode them some match fitness and experience.The leagues are well-funded and are also influxed with some foreign talent such as Therdasak Chaiman who is regarded as one of the finest footballers in South-East Asia.SAFFC are by far the biggest names on the domestic circuit with 9 league titles to their name.The winner of the S-league automatically qualifys for the Asian Champions League although no singapore side has managed to get past the group stages.Singaporean players plying their trade outside South-East Asia is almost non-existent and the furthest they have got to is the Indonesian League and I sincerely hope this changes.

Legendary Fandi Ahmad played for FC Groningen before and scored against Inter Milan in a European competition back then (H)

yea I remember i am going to see if i can get him as a coach or something

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:06 PM ----------

Richard Bok announced as assistant manager !

Richard Bok the manager of SAFFC and someone who is regarded as the best manager in Singapore has agreed to assist Udbhav Jatia with Singapore in their quest to qualify for the Asian Cup.Players have welcomed Richard's experience on board and many fans have praised Udbhav Jatia for making such a wise move as Richard's experience will be invaluable having been the only coach to have won a game in the Asian Champions League with a Singaporean Side.Richard will still continue his position as SAFFC manager and he was quoted as saying tht he hopes to breed new talent for the national team from his club.

DSCF6659.JPG

Richard Bok answering questions from the press

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

First look of the new kits-
singapore_kits.jpg

The Singapore national team will line up in these kits in the upcoming Asian Qualifiers.

I am a Singaporean and am proud to have a story done on us! Will be following...

good luck mate. a good start. going to be a tough challenge, but you never know!

good luck. I'll be following :) Will be a really tough challenge though

yea but not as tough as KingEric's Ethopia I bet.Atleast here they have 2 divisions,there they have one where the players are not even properly paid

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

bear with me guys my exams finish tommorow and i really am tempted to click on the football manager 10 shortcut whenever i see it but my exams take top priority just one more day huys and updates will come at you like never before.................

Results

Asian Nations qualifying group-
Iran
Jordan
Singapore
Thailand

Singapore 0-3 Iran

Pre-match comments:Did not expect too much from this match as it was away to one of the top teams in Asia.

Singapore 2-1 Thailand

An incredible result against our close rivals Thailand away.Noh Alam shah and John Wilkinson scored to give my team a fantastic win and the fans very very pleased with me after this.

Singapore 1-1 Jordan

A good result against a team tougher than us at home.Fahrudin Mustafic scored in the 76th minute to give our die the equalizer and a good performance from my team.I will look at it as one point gained and not lost

Standings
1. Iran after playing 3 on 9 points
2. Singapore after playing 3 on 4 points
3. Jordan after playin 3 on 4 points
4. Thailand after playing 3 on 0 points

Year in Review-
It has been a great year for us after our great results against Joran and Singapore which has eventually made us rise to second in the group.Hopefully,we grab 2 more wins against Jordan and Thailand next year to allow us to qualify for the Asian Nations Cup.

Players in Review-
All my players have had a good year with many playing an important role in their domestic club's success.Harris Harun and Daniel Benett have answered my call and have sought out transfers to Chengdu Blades in China and Melbourne glory in Australia respectively.It will give them some good conditioning for what is to come if we do well.A good number of regens popping up too will take a closer look later on.

Player of the year-
Noh Alam Shah
noh-alam-shah.jpg

This striker who plyes his trade in Malaysian side Arema has played an integral part in my team;s performace this season with 1 goal and 2 assists.He is playing incredibly well and is believed to be tracked by Beijing and Jiangsau both major Chinese clubs

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

My Vipers FC Adventure

Ok so basically bored by the lack of football and the need to develop youngsters from a raw age myself I started applying at clubs so that I could develop my own players for the national team.Soon an offer from Singaporean Amatuer side Vipers FC landed on my desk.I actually took it as they played in a under 20 season so I was given access to a lot of promising youngsters who were not playing for the big clubs and this proved to be a resounding success.

I managed a 3rd place finish for Vipers FC in their first season which was incredible as they were predicted to be in the bottom three.From this i gleaned two brilliant regens namely Syed Kumar who was so good I gave him a national call-up at just 15 and he managed to become the youngest player to win a cap for Singapore and I managed to find Noor Mohammed who is now playing for Singapore U-19s.

Soon after my first season i managed to receive job offers from top clubs such as Sydney Glory and Shendzen.However,I rejected them as I waas not quite done at Vipers FC yet and wanted to remain here another season atleast to find some new regens as this was an incredible platform.

dc05afae-5e0a-4f27-a556-40623aeabc29.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

good luck mate. a good start. going to be a tough challenge, but you never know!

Thanks mate and if my story is even half as good as yours,i'd be over the moon

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Guys if u read the thread just comment just to liven up the thread more than anything else

Singapore 1-3 Iran

Comments:A dissappointing performance from my team as they created few chances infront of goal.I harboured a hope that we may get something out of the match but that was gone with Masoud's brace for Iran.Shi Jiayi gave us a consolation goal later on but it was not enough

Singapore 3-2 Thailand

Comments:A great bounce back from our loss against Iran last month and we again managed to beat our close rivals Thailand in our own backyard.John Wilkinson and Shi Jiayi were again the architects in an amazing win for us.

So it all comes down to the Jordan match..............

singapore_vs_jordan.gif

Singapore 1-2 Jordan

Comments:I was heartbroken after the match.We came so far only to lose out in the last match.Jordan scored two goals in the last 20min to break Singapore hearts after Shi Jiayi gave us such a good start with a goal in the 6th minute.I promise that next time we will be back...........

Final Standings-
Iran have played 6 with 15 points
Jordan have played 5 with 10 points
Singapore have played 6 with 7 points
Thailand have played 6 with 3 points

Player of the Year:
Shi Jiayi
200px-Shijiayisingapore.jpg

This attacking midfielder has scored in all three qualifiers and has ended the year with 4 goals and 1 assist and was the main driving force in our win over Thailand and he also nearly inspired us to beat Jordan.He truly deserves this award and hope for more of the same from him in the future.

Veteran retires.............
2008-duric.jpg

Alexander Duric who won 20 caps for Singapore and was the player of the year for 2007 and 2008.H even captianed the national team against Bahrain once making him the first non-singaporean ever to start the game as Captian.He played for several clubs in his career starting from his time as a raw youngster in Boznia and Herzegovina and now at Singapore's premiere club SAFFC.Rumours have been flying around that Udbhav Jatia is soon going to appoint him as a coach for his national team.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

My Vipers Fc Adventure

Despite my failure at the national level,I was very much in demand at club level and managed to lead my team to their first ever League title with the race coming down to the last day.It was a fantastic achievement for me and the lads as we were only 2 seasons ago predicted to finish in the bottom three.I also uncovered many more regens in other Amateur teams who I think need to move to a bigger club to pursue their career.

My greatest discovery ever was ofcourse Syed Kumar who finsihed the season as top assist and 3rd top scorer at just 17 years of age and was soon snapped up by top singapore club Geyland Utd.I have bright plans for the young lad and I definetly think he will be playing in Europe one day and will be captianing the national side one day.

Ok so after this much success,I was offered a job by up and coming Chinese Club Jiangsu who had good training and youth facilities and also a youth academy.Feeling that I had done all I could at the grassroot level of Singapore soccer to uncover new players I accepted the job offer as it would give me the chance to expose my youngsters to a higher level of football at the Chinese super league than the S-League could ever offer them.

As soon as I got the job I procured several of the young regen I discovered and also tried to get my talented hot prospect Harris Harun but his club in Australia would not let him go.I also managed to get my best regen Syed Kumar on loan.I hope to develop my players into future stars and I believ that I have found the right platform for them to develop.

Transfer Market:

Many of my players after great performances for the national team have been snapped up by top clubs.

Shi Jiayi made a record transfer move of 800k to Adelaide United in Australia

Khairul Amri with a 150k move to Gold Coast United in Australia

Fahrudin Musafic with a 187k move to Sriwijaya FC in Indonesia

Zaiful Nizam with a 76k move to Chengdu Blades in China

Unlucky about the Asian cup exit mate :(

It's good that some of the local players are going overseas to play (H)

Great idea for the story :) Well done with getting a job in China, their league is quite a high standard. Also nice to see your best players moving abroad to further their careers.

David alaba is a quality player and listed as a wonderkid but he is only half Singaporean

sorry he's from the phillipines

Thanks for all the support guys update will be tommorow cause I am quite tired.

The year 2011 started on a bad note for me as my top goal keeper Lionel Lewis was ruled out for 6 months with a broken leg.Thnak god that this year would only be friendlies or I would have found myself in some hot soup indeed.
lionelforweb.jpg

Ofcourse,I needed to call-up a replacement to the team and also select a new vice-captian which was trickier as there was really few people in my team who could handle this post effectively.Lionel's injury will also have a big impact on my defense so I had to tighten that up too considerably.

New Goalkeeper-
Hassan Sunny
HassanSunny2.jpg

An easy choice as this goalkeepr had kept the most clean sheets in the last years S-League and had decent attributes.He was also at a fair age at 29 so I went for him instead of taking chances on my youth goalkeepers.Well not yet atleats............

New Vice-Captian-
Noh Rahman
sg-tha-noh-rahman.jpg

A veteran defender who was a former captian.He is a regular first-team choice for me and he still commanded certain influence in the team so I appointed him.

Fixtures for 2011-

Singapore vs India
Singapore vs China
Singapore vs Oman
Singapore vs Morocco

Comments:We have some good friendlies coming up against teams which are ranked higher than us with the exception of India.I will hope to get good results against China and India and atleast a fight from my players against Oman and Morocco.

I will be trying out many youth players in these friendlies to give them a workout at the international level but that does not mean I will be kicking out m seasoned stalwarts.Hopefully,with this both my youths and regualr players will get enough practice for the World Cup Qualifiers next year.