Singapore:Small nation with big dreams

Do you find this story an interesting Idea?

• Nope,I will not follow it at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good luck mate, great story, those fixtures will be tough, good luck.

Good luck mate ;)

Thanx mate i will need lots of it

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:47 AM ----------

So with only friendlies to look forward to I was not very excited this year and I'm sure my national team too were not.However,these friendlies would give me ample opportunity to test my bench strength and youth so here goes....

Singapore 4-2 India

Comments:A fantastic game for us as I played mostly a combination of my youth and reserves but still we managed to come out on top in a hard fought match against India.16 year-old Syed Kumar netted his first goal for the national team and John Wilkinson and Khairul Amri both netted a brace and a goal respectively to see off India.

Singapore 0-0 Oman

Comments:A poor match from us as we lacked any drive or direction and allowed Oman to control most of the game without us creating any chances.In truth,Oman should have won the game if not for some brilliant defending by my back line who made a last minute goal line clearance in extra time.

Singapore 1-2 China

Comments:Another poor match from us where we allowed our opponents to control the game and failed to create much chances.Another strong performance from my back line ensured that we did not concede any goals and Shi Jiayi popped up with a consolation goal in the 79th minute.

Singapore 1-0 Morocco

Comments:I cant believe what I watched,after two bad performances we come up with a performace like this.Although Morocco certainly had an even game with us,we grabbed our chances when they came our way and another strong performance from the back line ensured we came away with the win.Harris Harun scored a well-taken goal in the 56th minute.

World Ranking-120

Player of the year-
Daniel Benett
DanielBennett2.jpg

Some brilliant performances from this player rightfully earns him this award.He defended brilliantly for me and managed to silence any of the dangerous opposing forwards when I asked him to.I believe he is a quality defender who may just be wearing the armband for me one day.

Most impressive u-23 player-
Harris Harun
IMG_7382.jpg

This player finally lives up to his potential after 2 years of hype.Before he struggled to settle down in the national team and was not a regualar for me but now when i gave him the chance again he grabbed it with both arms with a goal and an assist in the 4 matches.He has the ability to pull the strings from the midfield if given space.

Most impressive back-up player-
Hassan Sunny
Hassan+Sunny+all+ready+for+action.jpg

My no. 2 keeper wins this award as he put in strong performances with the whole back-line and was sometimes the difference between the number of goals the opposing team scored.Although Lionel Lewis will still remain my no. 1,Hassan will certainly get more chances to impress in the future

My Jiangsau Adventure

Jiangsau were an up and coming club who had a generous owner and thus I was given a substantial amount of money to spend which I spent on my most promising Singapore Regens and John Wilshere.I also bought Korean Right-back Kim-Dong II.

The media predicted us to finish 8th but after an amazing run of results we managed to finish an impressive 3rd in the league.My singaporean players also shined with John Wilshere bagging the top assists award with an average rating of 7.4.This is amazing as China has an extremely competitive league.My other Singapore regens such as Syed Kumar and Mohammed Noor also played some delightful football.

130px-ShuntianSaintyFC.jpg

Transfers-

Harris Harun secured a 950k move to Moldova side Sheriff

Daniel Benett secures a record -breaking 1.1m move to the Kaiser Chiefs in South Africa

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

This was the year of the World Cup qualifiers and this was the group we had been given-

Malaysia
Australia
Japan
Singapore

Group Comments:Obviously I was gutted after receiving such a group and I shall be aiming for a third place finish.Hopefully,I can achieve this as Malaysia should be easy targets.

Singapore vs Malaysia

DQ-Football-crowd.jpg

Crowd gathering to watch the game

Singapore 2-0 Malaysia(John Wilkinson 31,76)

Comments:A good game for us which we expected to win comfortably and we managed to do it with John Wilshere's brilliant brace.Always leading from the front......

Singapore vs Australia

cropped-singaporefootball.jpg

Singapore national team proudly singing the national anthem

Singapore 0-4 Australia

Comments:We were given a run-out by Australia and I never really expected anything from the match against our much more higer-ranked opponents.Neverthless,having only 3 shots on goal is still dissappointing in any game compared to Australia's 29 shots.

Singapore vs Japan

japan_squad.jpg

Japan lining up their strong team infront of the crazy home fans

Singapore 1-6 Japan(Noh Alam Shah 46)

Comments:Another match in which we got trounced in and Noh Alam Shah's goal made no difference to my mood after the match

Player of the Year-
John Wilkinson
lwv%5Bqncwxdpzcjohnwilkinson.jpg

Although it was a terrible year for us John Wilkinson performed reasonably well with 2 goals in 3 matches and I hope more of the same from my captian.

Well done so far mate! Haris Harun and Daniel Benett are simply amazing! (H)

Well done so far mate! Haris Harun and Daniel Benett are simply amazing! (H)

I agree,Harris Harun is far exceeding anything i thought he was capable off

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

My Jiangsau Adventure 2012

After the remarkable 3rd place finish last season,both the fan's and board's expectations of my team had increased and thus this time I set a target of finishing in the top two,which would mean I would have to upset major clubs such as Beijing.I splashed most of my transfer budet on Indian Striker Baichung Bhutia who actually had a trial at Aston Villa and has some great attributes.

baichung-bhutia.jpg

Baichung Bhutia in his first training with Jingsau FC.

However this season due to fatigue and fixture congestion,we finished in a dissappointing 5th place and a mammothic 15 points behing second-place.It was a dissappointing finish to round off my year which already included my horrific international season.
w8402u.jpg

Fans cheering us on in our game against Chengdu Blades

Despite this poor season,I am confident of bouncing back next year and getting a top 2 finish.I made a mistake of not spending more in the transfer market although most of the Singaporeans in the club again prospered.Syed Kumar netted 3 goals and provided 12 assists and he was only 18 and made only 22 appereances.

0,,10418~7446529,00.jpg

Celebrating a wonder goal by Lee Juneti

Transfers-

Hassan Sunny with a 387k move to Persijia in Indonesia

John Wilkinson with a 900k move to BATE Borisov in Belarus

Lionel Lewis with a 850k move to Al Jazeera in the UAE
Other News

Singapore's former marksman Alexander Duric has become manager of Geylang Utd. in Singapore.
8_5908_Alexander_Duric.jpg

Wow Wilkinson to BATE and Lewis to Al Jazeera. That's fantastic mate!
Yeah it's time for Duric to retire though (H)

Wow Wilkinson to BATE and Lewis to Al Jazeera. That's fantastic mate!
Yeah it's time for Duric to retire though (H)

Yeah its amazing,I hope they reach England one day but my hopes for Harris Harun and Syed Kumar are mammothic at the moment

Good to see an update, unlucky with the season though. Hopefully some decent regens will start coming through soon. good luck next season (H)

New staff on Board
Udbhav Jatia has captured the imagination of the fans and players alike with the signing of two big-name coaches...

Fandi Ahmad-
54563_fandi_ahmad_thumb_300_225.JPG

Fandi has been a magnificent capture as he is Singapore's favourite footballing son and has played in Europe even scoring against Inter Milan in an European Competition.I believe his experience will rub off on the youngsters and inspire them toi greater heights...

V Sundramoorthy-
n18546803315_7097.jpg

V Sundramoorthy has bags of managerial experience coaching the Young Lions and was a magnificent player in his day.His coaching abilities for forwards in the region is unmatched and he a person capable of getting the best out of my forwards.

tbh, we're not an easy country to manage. glad to see that you're doing so well with singapore. :wub: if only that'll happen in real life.....

tbh, we're not an easy country to manage. glad to see that you're doing so well with singapore. :wub: if only that'll happen in real life.....

Not as well as I would like 2 mate but thanks for the support

soory guys no updates for a few days cause i need to complete my massive Art Coursework update tommorz