Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career.

Looking forward to the update where you show the squad you inherited and the transfers that go in and out!

View attachment 259673

MAN UTD HIRE ALEX FERGUSON

After a disappointing run of form, Manchester United have sacked manager Emre and replaced him with up-and-coming Scottish manager Alex Ferguson. Ferguson has a fantastic record in Scotland, taking part-timers East Stirlingshire from Division Three to the SPL in consecutive seasons. Such success earned Ferguson a move to Aberdeen were Ferguson successively broke the Old Firm dominance, securing back-to-back SPL titles as well as two Scottish Cup triumphs. Time will tell if Ferguson is up to the challenge of managing such a massive club.

As you can see, Emre left Utd in 4th position after a poor run of form. With one game remaining (away to Everton) a win is needed to guarantee a 4th place finish and Champions League football next season.

View attachment 259684View attachment 259685

The Squad

View attachment 259686

I've inherited a fairly decent squad with some top players like Jones, M'Vila, Hazard and Leonardo Damiao. And with a £96m war chest I see no reason why I cant return Man Utd to their title-winning ways.

United secure 4th spot!

View attachment 259739

My first game in charge went well and we secured Champions League football next week. Now its business time in the transfer window. Time to put a hole in our £96,000,000 transfer budget!

Ferguson gets busy!

New Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has wasted little time in overhauling the Red Devils squad in time for the new season. In came several big money signings and out went the likes of Rafael, Angel Di Maria and Antonio Valencia.

Main Signings

Our forward line consisted of a 34 year old Wayne Rooney, a 31 year old Chicharito and 30 year old Damiao so it was my first port of call. I've always like playing three pacey strikers and this won't change. So in cameJuanmi (£27m from Malaga) and Marcao (£18.25m from Santos), as well as a couple of younger strikers who will replace the three old men mentioned above in the next season or two.

View attachment 259747View attachment 259748

Our defence was solid enough already but lacked a bit of pace down the flanks so out went Rafael (£7.5m to Aston Villa) and Ciaran Clark (£1.7m loan to Blackburn with option to buy for £5.5m). Replacing them were Tomislav Liposcak (£13m from Wigan) and Valdecir (£23.5m from Botafogo). Valdecir is an immense talent and could well end up in the Utd hall of fame before too long!

View attachment 259749View attachment 259750

I wasnt going to strengthen the defence anymore as we Kyriakos Papad-funnyname, Smalling, Jones and Evans but that all changed when the scout who found Valdecir returned to me with Costa...

View attachment 259751

At £24.5m from Botafogo, he Costa fortune but worth every penny.

Finally I looked at the midfield. At East Stirlingshire and Aberdeen I never played with wingers and Old Trafford will be no different. Out went Angel Di Maria (£11.75m to At. Madrid) and Antonio Valencia (£2.5m to Aston Villa). With the likes of M'Vila, Hazard and Alaba already at the club replacing these players was not a major concern but at Lyon we discovered Mickael Petitjean, a 20 year old wonderkid and so I relieved myself of £20m more of Malcolm Glazer's money and our squad was complete, with £31m still left in the kitty.

View attachment 259758

We'll see how these players settle and if all goes smoothly then the remaining budget will be spend improving the youth team squad as we build for the future.

View attachment 259757

Good signings for the future there. One question - How come you have £31mil left in the transfer kitty when you were given £96mil spent £147mil and only sold £38mil? Did you use monthly installments for a lot of signings? Or were you given even more money?

Good signings for the future there. One question - How come you have £31mil left in the transfer kitty when you were given £96mil spent £147mil and only sold £38mil? Did you use monthly installments for a lot of signings? Or were you given even more money?
Both. I usually pay half a transfer fee up front and the other half over 48 months. I signed a couple of players then the board issued next season expectations and i went for Title Challenge which set my transfer budget at £98m

SEASON NINE - 2019/20

August and September 2019

FERGIE OFF TO A FLYER!

3-0 v Birmingham (h)

6-0 v Spartak Moscow (a) - Champions League Qualifier 1st Leg

4-0 v Middlesbrough (a)

0-0 v Spartak Moscow (h) - Champions League Qualifier 2nd Leg (AGG: 6-0)

2-0 v Everton (a)

6-0 v West Brom (h)

2-0 v At. Madrid (h) - Champions League Group F

4-1 v Blackburn (a)

2-0 v Tottenham (h)

EPL

View attachment 259782

Couldn't have hoped for a better start to my Man Utd career. We comfortably sealed our place in the lucrative Champions League group stages and won all our opening League games to become the early pacesetters. With several new signings and new tactics and training methods hopefully things can only get better as the squad adapts to the new regime.

Star Player

Leonardo Damiao

10 goals in 9 games ensure that Leonardo remains first choice striker despite the signing of several strikers during the summer.

View attachment 259783

great career well done.pity you never won in europe with the dons though.

your story inspired me to start my emulation of fergie, played in the challenge cup beating clyde 3-0 before playing queen of the south in league cup to win 3-1. Delighted with the start hoping its not a fluke lol.

Last edited:
**** IT! FM12 is being unistalled. Compared to FM08 and FM10 this game is complete pants and ridiculously frustrating! I'll upload the save later for anyone wanting to play it but I'm done.

I achieved this same challenge in FM08 and FM10 so I'm just gonna continue playing them saves. From what I remember I'm in 2038 or something like that on FM10 and have a new stadium named after me. I may post updates of that save as a story on here if anyone is interested in seeing it. But other than that this story is over as is my 'adventure' with FM12. Good luck

**** IT! FM12 is being unistalled. Compared to FM08 and FM10 this game is complete pants and ridiculously frustrating! I'll upload the save later for anyone wanting to play it but I'm done.

I achieved this same challenge in FM08 and FM10 so I'm just gonna continue playing them saves. From what I remember I'm in 2038 or something like that on FM10 and have a new stadium named after me. I may post updates of that save as a story on here if anyone is interested in seeing it. But other than that this story is over as is my 'adventure' with FM12. Good luck

First of all thanks for the brilliant story. Ever since i read your story i been itching to do the same challenge but been to pre occupied. Would you mind uploading the save?

im gonna try and replicate your story, but i doubt ill have as much success. Thanks for the great story mate.

Thanks, just wanted to know as your success is unbelievable.

Just read the whole thing and you've done really well and it was a joy reading.