Well that sucks. Vaz would have been brilliant too. But two months isnt too bad is it.

Yeah, and seeing as a month went by in which we were undefeated, we'll just be stronger when he returns. :D

Try Seyfo Soley if your using the latest patch his stats ahve come down so he might come to your team

I looked him up, but he really doesn't seem good enough to break in to my starting XI, so I think i'll give him a pass. I loaned in Crystal Palace's Hakeem Adelakun as a replacement DM.

Oh, and if I hadn't already said, i'm playing the following tactic:

GK

DR DC DC DL

DM

MC MC

AMR AML

ST

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

kent_messenger_group.jpg

1st August, 2009

After a great start to the season - winning three from five our their starting games, and drawing the other two - Samuel Thomas finished third in the opening Manager of the Month award. Following closely behind Worcester City's Martin Hayes and Maidenhead's Johnson Hippoltye, Thomas will be extremely happy to be named as one of the best manager's so early in to the season. With 11 points in the bag from a possible 15, Thomas will be happy to see Bromley sitting comfortably 3rd in the league, 2 points adrift from the leaders, Maidenhead.
Taking the spotlight of the English leagues, skysports.com included Bromley in a news article as the "most active team" during the transfer window, as they brought in a total of 8 new players.
Thomas will be happy to learn that their physio's have worked with centre-back Cedric Besson and he will return to first-team training for the club in the next few days. This comes as a ray of light for Thomas, who has found his team on the receiving end of a stint of injuries, especially effecting his defence. But with Besson back, the team now look steady at the back.

New manager Samuel Thomas has made a great start to the season, but has also already made a complaint to the Football Association over Bromley's previous match against Dorchester, in which they had a goal disallowed, which would have potentially won them the match and taken them on level points at the top of the league table. More news to come, as it comes.

bromley_fc_logo_150x180.jpg

bluesqsouth.jpg

6ThurrockBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
***** Robert- 9.0

Manager's Thoughts:
In a match that I thought Thurrock might have the upper hand in, being a team in good form, this was quite an easy game. Robert had a great game again, a true asset to the team. Their red card was unlucky, as was us conceding in added time.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

bluesqsouth.jpg

7WokingBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Moses Ademola (Woking) - 7.6

Manager's Thoughts:
I really can't believe it. Less than 5 minutes after scoring the opening goal, our key man ***** Robert limped off to the side with a pulled hamstring. We battled on until half time, Charles Roger getting his chance to shine as our new #1 choice striker. Then being 1-2 up in the 63rd minute, we were awarded a penalty that could've given us the game. Roger stepped up, and hit it down the middle straight in to the 'keeper's grateful hands.
What a waste, this should have been 3 points in the bag, as Woking broke and scored 2 minutes after our missed opportunity.

bluesqsouth.jpg

8BromleyDover.jpg

Man of the Match:
Anthony Mendy - 7.8

Manager's Thoughts:
This is the point where a lot of pundits have ruled us out of a promotion chance. We lost Charles Roger today, leaving a big gap in our strike force. By the end of the game we were on the back-foot, and only managed to break through Anthony Mendy, who has proved to be an inspiration in the toughest of times.
Warren McBean will be given his chance as our first-choice striker, and I really do hope that he can deliver the same way in which Robert was.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

2nd Qualifying Round

9BromleyBrackley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Anthony Mendy - 8.3

Manager's Thoughts:
Against a team that I thoroughly expected a good victory against, my boys came out on top in stylish form. There were only two downsides in this match against non-league side Brackley Town, and those were the late conceded goal, and our missed opportunity at a penalty yet again.
The boys will be in the training ground from tomorrow practising penalties I think. One other note is that i'm a little worried about the fitness of the boys, as many of them seem to be quite tired already at this point in the season.

bluesqsouth.jpg

10BromleyHamptonRichmond.jpg

Man of the Match:
Patrick Vaz - 7.7

Manager's Thoughts:
A much-needed victory in the league has given us a small boost, but it was a tight affair. We lost Wes Daly today to a red card, which I will not be appealing against, although this will mean that new boy Hakeem Adelakun will have to prove his worth to the team until he's back.

BromleyFC.jpg

Exclusive BromleyFC.net Article:

"In recent matches, we have been left with a gap in both our defence and - even more recently - in our strike force. But even with these problems, our fans have stayed completely loyal behind us, and the team need them in order to keep moving forward. You have all been fantastic, and for our recent successes I will give the credit to you.
Recently there have been talks of a takeover of the club, and I can reveil that this is completely true. Our Chairman, Jerry Dolke, has informed me that the club is in the process of an internal take-over, put forward by front-runner Joseph Thompson, who is actually Director of Bromley FC.
While this is all taking place, I ask for our loyal fans to stay optimistic, as with new ownership comes a new start, and possibly even a better chance at pushing towards high targets in the Blue Square South. As updates come, I have been given permission to inform you all, and so will be hoping for a smooth takeover and some really good victories in the future as it happens.

Thank you for your time."

- Samuel Thomas (Manager)

bluesqsouth.jpg

11WellingBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Charles Devineau - 8.0

Manager's Thoughts:
A win against your local rivals is always fantastic, and I'm particularly pleased with Warren's contribtuion to the team. Charles Roger got a good 30 minutes run-in today, showing that he's recovered well from his injury.
Devineau was amazing today, and hit a scorching 30 yarder to seal the victory. This keeps us in 2nd place, doing well to keep up to the leaders, Worcester.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

3rd Qualifying Round

12LeamingtonBromleyFACUP.jpg

Man of the Match:
Anthony Mendy - 9.0

Manager's Thoughts:
Another non-league side as we qualify for the FA Cup, I expected an easy victory here, but Leamington dropped deep and defended with a lot of men, making it hard for our strike force to get chances. At times Leamington looked like they might break and score, but our defence did well to keep them out.
Mendy and the returning Guichard did brilliantly - yet again - to link together and grab a goal, an effective partnership between the two wings.

bluesqsouth.jpg

13HavantWaterlooBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Patrick Vaz - 8.0

Manager's Thoughts:
Looking at the season as an overview, I'm actually amazed that we're still unbeaten, whereas no other team has been able to do the same. Against Havant, we controlled most of the game, right until the end where Hutchings scored a fantastic goal.
It looked like it was going to be a draw right until the end, as Mendy broke from an incisive pass from Guichard, sealing a well-deserved victory.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

4th Qualifying Round

14BromleyCambridgeFACUP.jpg

Man of the Match:
Anthony Mendy - 8.1

Manager's Thoughts:
We almost did it, we almost defeated a near-impossible challenge set in front of us. ***** Robert had his first start in a long time, and we welcomed his pace at the front with open arms, but it was Anthony Mendy who - yet again - proved to be our key man today.
We lost it right at the end of the match form a fast Cambridge break, and now we have to look towards travelling to their home ground.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

4th Qualifying Round Replay

15CambridgeBromleyFACUPREPLAY.jpg

Man of the Match:
Anthony Mendy - 9.1

Manager's Thoughts:
I'm in utter disbelief, we have now made it through to the FA Cup 1st Round, after a thrilling encounter with Blue Square Premier starlets Cambridge United. Our start to the season is remarkable, with 10 wins from 15 games, and still running undefeated.
Whenever we scored in this match, we kept going and held possession, but Cambridge kept breaking on us and using their pace to bring our defences down with deep crosses. Our lucky break came in the final minute of extra time, as I was preparing for penalties, when we were awarded our own penalty as ***** Robert had his legs taken away in the box. Devineau stepped up this time, and fired the ball in to the bottom left-hand corner, setting out travelling fans in to raptures.
We next have League One side MK Dons in the FA Cup 1st Round, so even with morale so high, it's definitely going to be an extremely hard game.

bluesqsouth.jpg

16MaidenheadBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Bobby Behzadi (Maidenhead) - 8.5

Manager's Thoughts:
We went down fighting today, even if we did lose our first game of the season. If I'm honest, I would blame two FA Cup games within 4 days as a key reason why we were weak today, and I just hope that we can fight back against this as soon as possible.
I'm also not sure on the red card; apparently it was because he was the last man, but replays show that Gillman was also near the incident, moving diagonally across to intercept the play.

BromleyFC.jpg

Exclusive BromleyFC.net Article:

"After a long time of talks, I am here to announce that the takeover of Bromley FC has collapsed, due to differences between the two parties. This will not affect the actual team in any way, and so now that it has been concluded, we can move back on to concentrating on the season.
After just one loss in sixteen games, we look set for an amazing season, and our support is slowly rising. Thank you for those who are at Bromley's matches each and every week, you really are the stars of the team.
"

Last edited:

bluesqsouth.jpg

17BromleyWorcester.jpg

Man of the Match:
Patrick Vaz - 8.8

Manager's Thoughts:
Worcester outclassed us in the first half, we really had to sit deep and defend, but Rob Elvins managed to strike swiftly twice. Besson picked up an early injury and I was forced to take him off at half-time, and Guichard - yet again - picked up another injury.
But the duo of Vaz and Robert within 3 minutes really showed the impressive firepower of our team, and brought us back from the dead in the last 15 minutes.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

1st Round

18MKDonsBromleyFACUP.jpg

Man of the Match:
Peter Leven (MK Dons) - 8.9

Manager's Thoughts:
A League One side, and we were completely outclassed. The gulf in fitness and precision showed throughout, and Robert couldn't spare our blushes in the end. Two red cards for MK Dons wasn't enough to give us a chance, but throughout we were proud to reach the First Round of the FA Cup, and hope that we can do better next season.

bluesqsouth.jpg

19BromleyLewes.jpg

Man of the Match:
Jean-Michel Sigere (Lewes) - 8.8

Manager's Thoughts:
Throughout the game, we equalled each other, and cancelled each other out. Ultimately, I don't think there could've been a winner. I'm glad that both Robert and Roger could get a goal, especially as Roger has pointed out that he expects first-team football; with this performance, he's much more likely to get a chance at a senior team starting position.

fatrophylogo.jpg

FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round

20BromleyWeston-super-Mare.jpg

Man of the Match:
Ben Wells (Weston-super-Mare) - 7.6

Manager's Thoughts:
I must say, we deserved a lot more than we got out of this match. But an unlucky Own Goal in addition to Robert's fine striking gave us a much deserved win here.

bluesqsouth.jpg

21BishopsStortfordBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Sam Gaughran
(Bishop's Stortford) - 7.6

Manager's Thoughts:
Yet another draw in the league has dented our league performance, and moved us even further away from that coveted first position. But even though we've not had a win in a few games, we've also yet to lose, and being undefeated is always a good omen.

bluesqsouth.jpg

22BromleyStAlbans.jpg

Man of the Match:
Patrick Vaz

Manager's Thoughts:
Fantastic, absolutely brilliant. From kick-off we had completely control, and this entire match was ours. St. Albans only goal of the game was a lucky break, and caught us off-guard from a corner. But through this entire game, we had control.

Last edited:
Good job.

Looks like youve got a leaky defence though. The only game were youve kept a clean sheet is against Lemmington. Maybe somethin to look forn in January?

Keep going! I see promotion ahead!

Great story so far. Has me gripped with this top layout!

Keep up the top work. :)

bluesqsouth.jpg

23Weston-super-MareBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
***** Robert - 8.8

Manager's Thoughts:
I must say, I enjoyed the performance of my team here .. Up until the second half, when we allowed our opponents to fight back. Two goals went in through our defence, showing that we do have problems in our own half.
One member of a football forum pointed out that we have a leaky defence, and that we needed to sort it out during the January transfer window; it's the start of December now, and I can whole-heartedly agree with that comment. I will be looking to sign one or two more central defenders in the next transfer window.

fatrophylogo.jpg

1st Round

24GatesheadBromleyFATROPHY.jpg

Man of the Match:
Wayne Buchanan (Gateshead)

Manager's Thoughts:
We, yet again, proved our mettle against a team in a higher division. Going up against another Blue Square Premier team, we came out with a very good draw. One key point is that after pointing out last game that we had a leaky defence, we held firm against a team in a league above our own.
Next up - the replay, at Hayes Lane, in front of our own fans.

fatrophylogo.jpg

1st Round Replay

25BromleyGatesheadFATROPHYREPLAY.jpg

Man of the Match:
Patrick Vaz

Manager's Thoughts:
We performed at our home ground again, showing why it's a hard place to face our team there. We scored three today, albeit one of them being an own goal, and that was our only downfall today.
Superb performance from the boys, and especially Patrick Vaz. Star man.

bluesqsouth.jpg

26BromleyChelmsford.jpg

Man of the Match:
***** Robert

Manager's Thoughts:
A good clean sheet today, that's the first point I'm going to say. Then I'm going to say I was so happy with our admirable performance, bagging three goals, and keeping Chelmsford down to just two on-target shots that lead nowhere.

bluesqsouth.jpg

27WeymouthBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Kelvin McIntosh (Weymouth)

Manager's Thoughts:
Kelvin McIntosh was the man that made the difference today, in quite a dull match. Both teams cancelled each other out, except for one corner in which McIntosh got his chance.
There's really not much more I can say, except that our defence really does need a change.

bluesqsouth.jpg

28BromleyBath.jpg

Man of the Match:
Jack Saville (Bath)

Manager's Thoughts:
A second loss in a row, our worst form of the season so far, and it happened at Hayes Lane. We really did match our opponents yet again, even though they were favourites for the win, right before Saville clipped a header from a corner in the dying seconds of the game.
I can see why our fans may be upset about our recent form, and it needs to change fast.

January's coming soon, I'm hoping to get some good signings in to fill the void in my defence.

January Results

bluesqsouth.jpg

29NewportCountyBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
***** Robert - 8.8

Manager's Thoughts:
Whichever team won here, they would top the Blue Square South. Unfortunately for us, Kenny Morgan was able to rocket two fantastic goals past Seychelles, showing that their attack was a lot more effective than our defence.
Robert had a great game and we had two injuries to Devineau and Guichard, leaving us having to use our youth academy players for the next few games.

bluesqsouth.jpg

30BraintreeBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Cédric Besson

Manager's Thoughts:
Although a bore-draw, we can take to heart the fact that we didn't concede a goal. Our defence looks like it's getting in to the swing of things, even though our captain Rob Gillman seems quite tired.
Next up is the FA Trophy 2nd Round against Welling which Gillman will play, but afterwards will be rested.

fatrophylogo.jpg

2nd Round

31BromleyWellingFATROPHY.jpg

Man of the Match:
Chris Roberts (Welling)

Manager's Thoughts:
What I will take from this game is that our defence stood firm yet again, even if our striking wasn't the greatest; I would purely put this down to Robert being off-form and injuries in our midfield.
We will now have to go all-out for the win in the replay against Welling.

fatrophylogo.jpg

2nd Round Replay

32WellingBromleyFATROPHYREPLAY.jpg

Man of the Match:
Yohan Guichard

Manager's Thoughts:
We came, we saw, we conquered. Welling stood no chance as our strike force really took it to them, Charles Roger showing why he deserves a chance ahead of our top-scorer ***** Robert.
We took two injuries today, in 18-year-old Harrison Dunk and 21-year-old Luke l'Anson, but today we were ready to replace them. However, I am concerned about the next few games, as we now have five players out.

bluesqsouth.jpg

33BromleyStaines.jpg

Man of the Match:
Neil Clarkson

Manager's Thoughts:
A magnificent goal from 16-year-old Neil Clarkson today was the one difference between the teams. Yet another clean sheet has shown our defence are up to the challenge, but Gillman is definitely going to be rested for the next couple of games, which will leave us having to use a reserve defender due to injuries.
Bésson, l'Anson and Vaz all took injuries today as Staines went in hard, which is really now putting the strain on our team.

bluesqsouth.jpg

34EastleighBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Stefan Morrison
(Eastleigh) - 9.6

Manager's Thoughts:
This was bound to happen soon enough, with injuries crippling our team. Morrison was on top form today, and we couldn't handle him.
A poor performance from my lads, and I told them exactly how I felt. They better pick the pace up next game.

bluesqsouth.jpg

35BromleyThurrock.jpg

Man of the Match:
Nicky Greene

Manager's Thoughts:
In a match that we dominated, I was annoyed that we weren't looking like we were going to beat Thurrock's defence. However, our own Cristiano Ronaldo - Yohan Guichard - turned on the style, scoring and then setting up Roger for a goal three minutes after.

fatrophylogo.jpg

3rd Round

36EbbsfleetBromleyFATROPHY.jpg

Man of the Match:
Matthew Fry (Ebbsfleet)

Manager's Thoughts:
We showed what we can do in another cup competition, and exceeded expectations, but went down to Blue Square Premier team Ebbsfleet. One thing I will take from this is that we now can concentrate on the league, and will have less games in the season which will really help.

Transfers

In
Gavin Carlin (Free Agent) - Free

Out
Richard Butler (Grays) - Free
Ashley Carew (Grays) - Free

Manager's Thoughts
I offloaded a couple of players who were sitting in our reserves, which has freed up £500 per week from our wage budget. I tried to bring in a decent central defender, looking at Arsenal defenders Ayling and Bartley - amongst others - but were beaten to the signings by League One and Two sides.
Carlin will sit as number two goalkeeper to veteran Jim Seychelles, and we hope that he can improve under Seychelle's guidance for the next few seasons.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

February Results

bluesqsouth.jpg

37BromleyBasingstoke.jpg

Man of the Match:
Charles Devineau - 7.7

Manager's Thoughts:
An early goal today, and we held on well to the victory. Our players are getting more and more tired as each game goes past, but I can see us picking up the pace now on, in the last third of the season. At the moment, Newport County hold a four point lead at the top, but we can fight to try and get ahead.

bluesqsouth.jpg

38DorchesterBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Patrick Vaz - 9.4

Manager's Thoughts:
A whirlwind second half saw us bag three goals, my boys were on top form today. With everyone but Cédric Besson in the running for a first-team start, I was able to pick players on true form and not on neccesity.
It feels to good to be back on form.

bluesqsouth.jpg

39BromleyWoking.jpg

Man of the Match:
***** Robert - 8.8

Manager's Thoughts:
We were silly to lose the lead here, and it was all down to Guichard's poor, mis-timed clearance. It seems to me that this happens time and time again; we get struck down by bad luck and late goals.

bluesqsouth.jpg

40DoverBromley.jpg

Man of the Match:
Olly Schuiz (Dover) - 8.0

Manager's Thoughts:
Okay, we dominated this game. But nevertheless, we still shouldn't have let in a goal like we did, being caught on the break. We're keeping on form with Newport County, sitting in 2nd in the league and still 4 points behind.

bluesqsouth.jpg

41BromleyWelling.jpg

Man of the Match:
Anthony Mendy - 8.5

Manager's Thoughts:
A win against your rivals is good, but losing two key players in the process isn't at all. Bésson and Mendy both can't catch a break at all, as both have only recently returned from injury.
We have been the victim of hard challenges this entire season, and it really has jarred our championship chances at times.

League Standings

LeagueTableFebruary.jpg

NewsShopper_logo.gif

1st March, 2010

Samuel Thomas was in a great mood today as he was given the prestigious Manager of the Month award. Speaking briefly to reporters outside Hayes Lane stadium, he stood with his Assistant Manager Hayden Bird; "I'm extremely happy to be awarded Manager of the Month for February, but the work really does come down to the lads who have put in 110% this past month. It's given us another chance at the championship, and we're now definite contenders for the play-offs. I just hope we can continue this in to March, with just over 10 games left."
Bromley FC winger Anthony Mendy was also awarded with the Player of the Month Award for the same month, although was not there to collect the award personally, after picking up another injury in the derby match against Welling.

BromleyFC.jpg

"I am more than happy to announce that a second takeover proposition for Bromley FC has gone through, and the new Chairman is Ross Wharton, former Director of the club.
In news that relates to this, there will be no current investments to the club, and the new Chairman has decided to cut our link to Crystal Palace. Although I see this as something I, personally, wouldn't have done, the Chairman has said that the reason is because he wants the club to adopt a new strategy."

Last edited:
Great story mate.Will be following.

By the way..For defence.If you tell me which position exactly you are looking for , i can help you a little bit i think ;)

good luck. hoping for your promotion!

Nice! 2nd is pretty **** good! Thats a good 4 point cushion there too use it as a platform to try to sqeeze Newport out of the Auto Promotion spot.

Great story mate.Will be following.

By the way..For defence.If you tell me which position exactly you are looking for , i can help you a little bit i think ;)

good luck. hoping for your promotion!

I'm looking for some steady cetnre backs, Leauge One/Two quality that can hold off strikers coming from top sides on loan. Any suggestions?

Absolutely nothing, I'm a Blue Square South team. I've signed a few players on a Free Transfer from places, but I'll let you know if I get promoted or not; the Play-Offs are awaiting.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:00 PM ----------

I'm sorry to announce that I will no longer be continuing my Bromley game.
At the end of the season I finished 2nd, 3 points behind Newport County, who I beat 2-1 at Hayes Lane. I then went in to the Play-Offs against 5th placed Hampton & Richmond.

Semi-Final 1st Leg
Hampton & Richmond - 1
Dean Wells (39)

Bromley - 1
***** Robert (59)

Semi-Final 2nd Leg
Bromley - 2
Patrick Vaz (15)
***** Robert (42)

Hampton & Richmond - 1
Barrie Matthews (54)

After going through to the Final on a 3-2 aggregate, I was set to go on to the Play-Off Final against Woking.

Bromley - 2
Patrick Vaz (15)
***** Robert (86)

Woking - 0

So, all in all, I'm now in the Blue Square Premier. I've made some new signings, and will be carrying on the game off my own back.