Skrtel: This is our year

It would be nice to see us win it but its unlikely to happen.Although i hope we make a strong challenge and be there or thereabouts come the end of season. Im predicting Liverpool third,behind Chelsea and Man U.

Skrtel wont be scouser with out saying "This is our year"

Start of the season "This is our year"
Mid season "Europe is our priority"
End of the season "Next year is our year"

Cycle repeats.

Skrtel wont be scouser with out saying "This is our year"

Start of the season "This is our year"
Mid season "Europe is our priority"
End of the season "Next year is our year"

Cycle repeats.

Optimism ;)

The SPL only has 12 teams in it, we have 20 -- the ratio is almost the same and Blackburn haven't been in contention for years. That's pretty predictable to me. I would bet my house (though this isn't a written contract I'm making here, lol) on United, Chelsea or Arsenal winning the league this year, though I would love to be wrong.

i know that but the premierleague is normally tighter up the top not the top 2 with a gap of 10+points.

Of course Skretel would come out and say this, on the same day he signed a new contract with the club.

He's just trying to bring the morale of the Liverpool fans up, after the exit of Benitez and a possible takeover. It's all a ploy to try and hide the fact that they're in dire financial straits and need Champions League football to keep their top players.

If they don't break the top four this season, Torres will most probably be gone. Chelsea will be right on it.

Nice to see this is transforming into a everyone versus liverpool thread, and apparently we're loved by sky sports...

On topic
We had a bad run last year, but had near enough the same team, if not better, that nearly clinched the premier league the year before. I don't know what happened... obviously this year our main priority is to get back into the champions league spot, and perhaps further!

Why thank you for the EPIC BUMP.

Last edited:
r-r-r-r-resurrecting a dead thread. Why thank you.

However, hindsight is awesome Mr. Skrtel.

Well, technically they did get a prized asset. Mr. Dalglish, so not a total loss

It was never going to be our year, having Roy as manager the majority made sure of that.. He may have done well with Fulham, but it was pretty clear to see from the start his style of football doesn't suit Liverpool, it was never going to work.

Since Kenny has come in we've actually played football, or improved from what we did when Roy was manager. But next season I think we could get our 'top four' status back. We'll have the team we have now plus Insua back after his year-long loan, Alberto will be back as it doesn't look like he'll be leaving and I bet Kenny will use him and getting playing like he can, he did it with Raul? And theres talks about is having around £40m to spend on new faces.

So it's looking pretty good for us I'd say..