Sky duo criticised over comments

This is proof of people who are on the site just to pointlessly argue, I mean how much more blown out of proportion can this get?

Before yesterday nobody had even spoken about sexism and racism was practically dead yet today everybody is a closet racist and sexist?

Everybody makes jokes, doesn't make them a member of the KKK, so just chill out.
but they're not even being tongue in cheek, they sound genuinely ****** off. And at the end of the day they got caught doing it, on air. Overblown? yes most definitely, doesnt mean its ok though.

Regardless of whether he thinks it or not, your point was still ridiculous.

I think you are prejudiced, in a certain way. Maybe this is through no fault of your own, and maybe it's because you live in a society that is completely different from mine in regards to race. However, I certainly acknowledge there is a grey area, as with anything that inspires such passions, but nowhere near as big a grey area as you make out.

ANYWAY. This is not the thread to be arguing it. I think we'd better get back on topic, don't you?

Its not prejudice, i dont hate black people nor do i hate woman. My points not ridiculous its perfectly logical considering i lived in a country where im not part of native population and all i get drummed in my ear is that im the cause of all black peoples poverty

Live outside of england, try australia or south africa you wont be on your high horse for much longer

and yes back to on topic

Last edited:
Its not prejudice, i dont hate black people nor do i hate woman. My points not ridiculous its perfectly logical considering i lived in a country where im not part of native population and all i get drummed in my ear is that im the cause of all black peoples poverty

Live outside of england, try australia or south africa you wont be on your high horse for much longer

I didn't say anything about hate. You can be prejudiced without hating people you know. I wasn't suggesting you hate black people or women, I was suggesting you have a warped view of them.

Also, I don't see how, now that I have grown up and am much harder to make an impression on, geographical location would have any difference on my views.

I didn't say anything about hate. You can be prejudiced without hating people you know. I wasn't suggesting you hate black people or women, I was suggesting you have a warped view of them.

Also, I don't see how, now that I have grown up and am much harder to make an impression on, geographical location would have any difference on my views.

This argument has annoyed me so much.

All I want to do now is go home to my black girlfriend and make sure she has done all the cleaning, cooked my dinner and irorned my shirts.....

but they're not even being tongue in cheek, they sound genuinely ****** off. And at the end of the day they got caught doing it, on air. Overblown? yes most definitely, doesnt mean its ok though.

They probably were ****** off... But they were having a private discussion, most men watching would have questioned why exactly we need female assistant, doesn't make them all sexist.

I mean people that notice sexism and racism all the time, pick it out at every opportunity obviously have nothing better to do with there lives.. This was a private conversation that was barely picked up by the microphones yet the dailymail want to turn it into a massive "sexism scandal"?

Last edited:
They probably were ****** off... But they were having a private discussion, most men watching would have questioned why exactly we need female assistant, doesn't make them all sexist.

Alright, but they have a duty to be professional, especially when there's even a small chance that a microphone might be on near them.

I mean people that notice sexism and racism all the time, pick it out at every opportunity obviously have nothing better to do with there lives.. This was a private conversation that was barely picked up by the microphones yet the dailymail want to turn it into a massive "sexism scandal"?
but why should her sexuality even matter? The point is they were being sexist, and that's one thing to do in it private, another thing entirely to get caught on transmisson. Its not even like she had a bad game either

Why do we need a male assistant? There is the answer to their stupid (IMO) question.

Its amazing how many commentators and people in the position to be recorded in that way slip up so often.

Also Aanndyy they aren't your everyday man in the street, they are supposed to be professional. It's like the difference between you putting up the Howard Webb united shirt pic, and Babel doing it

but why should her sexuality even matter? The point is they were being sexist, and that's one thing to do in it private, another thing entirely to get caught on transmisson. Its not even like she had a bad game either

I think you mean *** not sexuality but anyway.... I personally don't care about her being a woman, just wondered why she got the job, doesn't really bother me though.. Female referee's now that would bother me ;)

Why do we need a male assistant? There is the answer to their stupid (IMO) question.

It's not a stupid question, I just wondered why it was necessary for her to be an assistant? Although me saying it was a publicity stunt makes me a sexist so I certainly wouldn't say that.

Also Aanndyy they aren't your everyday man in the street, they are supposed to the professional. It's like the difference between you putting up the Howard Webb united shirt pic, and Babel doing it

But nobody cared about Babel doing it... He only got a £10,000 fine, which is nothing in football. It's all forgotten about now, as will this next week when something else comes along, maybe a gay mascot? Who know's!

I didn't mean to get in the middle of your oh so serious debate I just think people should lighten up sometimes, I mean Andy Gray didn't go down to the pitch put an iron in her hand and force her back in the kitchen so to me this isn't really much of a story at all.

It's not a stupid question, I just wondered why it was necessary for her to be an assistant? Although me saying it was a publicity stunt makes me a sexist so I certainly wouldn't say that.
IMO its a ridiculously stupid question. We need somebody to be linesman/assistant referee, we look to see who's qualified and we pick. Obviously she was best suited so she was picked. Why would you question that process?

I think you mean *** not sexuality but anyway.... I personally don't care about her being a woman, just wondered why she got the job, doesn't really bother me though.. Female referee's now that would bother me ;)

But nobody cared about Babel doing it... He only got a £10,000 fine, which is nothing in football. It's all forgotten about now, as will this next week when something else comes along, maybe a gay mascot? Who know's!

I didn't mean to get in the middle of your oh so serious debate I just think people should lighten up sometimes, I mean Andy Gray didn't go down to the pitch put an iron in her hand and force her back in the kitchen so to me this isn't really much of a story at all.
You're quite right ***, not sexuality. I agree its definitely overblown (**** find me a story that isnt overblown) but still the fact remains that it was wrong. Though i doubt he will get much more than a slap on the wrist and we'll find something else to argue about next week

It's being massively blown out of proportion.

The SKY broadcasters have apologised, but they're entitled to their own views. When they said "Women don't know the offside rule" you can hear the humour in their voice so that was obviously said in jest and people have blown it out of proportion.

People comparing this to racism are completely confused. It's nowhere near as serious as racism, they are entitled to their opinions on a sport they love. If people disagree with it, then that's their right but it doesn't mean these two people who are respected as broadcasters and an ex-player mean they should lose their job for having a private conversation recorded and sold to the press. They've apologised, and the woman hasn't said anything on the matter and she shut them up by having a good game.

Surely that should be the end of the matter. They've been made to apologise, and they've done so. It's nothing like racism and they probably were being serious about needing a female assistant but to be fair they probably have a point. Why is it that every week it's all male officials and randomly one week they choose a woman on the televised game? They obviously had enough officials for the game as it's usually all male, so it is odd that they randomly decide to choose a female for the televised game. I'm not sexist, I'm airing my views.

For once, and you won't hear me say this much, but I actually agree with Aannddyy for once. Just move on from it, it really is a non story.

I was watching this game with my brother, and as soon as we saw her, we started cracking jokes about the fact that she is a woman.

I can understand the problem if they had said these things over the air during the match, but they were just talking, not during game-time. They're entitled to their opinion, provided it isn't some kind of hate message.

Been dropped for todays match tonight. Guess that is not surprising.

Sexism wouldn't exist if women were as intelligent as men.

That was a stupid thing of them to say, but it has definitely been overblown. It irks me that people are making an issue about it: you don't need a ***** to referee a football match so gender is irrelevant. The whole idea of sexism in this instance baffles me....

It's being massively blown out of proportion.

The SKY broadcasters have apologised, but they're entitled to their own views. When they said "Women don't know the offside rule" you can hear the humour in their voice so that was obviously said in jest and people have blown it out of proportion.

People comparing this to racism are completely confused. It's nowhere near as serious as racism, they are entitled to their opinions on a sport they love. If people disagree with it, then that's their right but it doesn't mean these two people who are respected as broadcasters and an ex-player mean they should lose their job for having a private conversation recorded and sold to the press. They've apologised, and the woman hasn't said anything on the matter and she shut them up by having a good game.

Surely that should be the end of the matter. They've been made to apologise, and they've done so. It's nothing like racism and they probably were being serious about needing a female assistant but to be fair they probably have a point. Why is it that every week it's all male officials and randomly one week they choose a woman on the televised game? They obviously had enough officials for the game as it's usually all male, so it is odd that they randomly decide to choose a female for the televised game. I'm not sexist, I'm airing my views.

For once, and you won't hear me say this much, but I actually agree with Aannddyy for once. Just move on from it, it really is a non story.
When i listened to it there didn't seem to be any humour. Keys sounded really bitter about it.

Why shouldn't sexism be compared to racism? They're both beliefs that a certain group of people are inferior due to either race or gender. They're both as wrong as each other.

They didn't randomly choose a woman on a televised game. The first game she refereed in was in blackpools game against sunderland in december.

Not saying they should be sacked but they clearly weren't joking. I could understand if it was just some laddish jokes about her but you can tell they're just ****** off about it.

Last edited:
In all honesty, i have never met a woman in my life that understood the offside rule...