Slaying The Dragons -- The English Youth Academy

Eds

Reaction score
gallery_boardroom.jpg

March 2008, Football Association Headquarters, Soho Square.

“Let’s get this straight, you mean Burton?” Lord David Triesman, the Chairman of the FA, scanned me with his tired, beady eyes as he raised a white brow into the air. “The same Burton,” he continued, “that is going to hold our multimillion pound training facilities?”

“Yes, sir.” I said, shakily, as he glared down his spectacles at me. “The idea is, with the failure to qualify for the European Championships this summer, there will be public pressure for Grass Roots Football to be expanded and improved upon. This is the ideal opportunity.”

He paused, pondering on my suggestion. The room was deadly quiet. I had spent months, years; working on this and it all came down to this. The audience of the boardroom looked on, expectantly. Mr. David Triesman could either shape my dreams, or break them in an instant.

-------------------

Thanks to Dec for his graphics and Alcaraz for the Database, quality work from both you guys. :)

And also, if you're following; please, please, please tell me that you are and tell me what you think. Comments are brilliant motivation and if no-one does comment, I won't know if anyone is following or not.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

“Do you not feel,” Triesman said, as I waited anxiously, “that simply hiring a new England Manager would solve this problem?”

“We’ve had top quality managers in the past, yet only won the World Cup once.” I said, with an obvious stutter, “Grass roots football is widely known to be sub-par in this country. We have to do something, and something soon.”

“Okay, say I was to accept your little proposal.” The FA Chairman replied, “can you get me details on this club you plan to build?”

“Oh, most definitely sir.” I replied hastily. I could feel he was coming round to the idea; he seemed far more understanding than the harsh business-like man I had approached when I entered the board room. “I’ve got the details right here.” My briefcase was by my side, as always, and I gently opened it and pushed the piece of A4 paper across to the most important man in English football.

logoshadow.png

Name: St George FC
Nickname: The Dragon Slayers
Stadium: St George’s Park
Stadium Capacity: 15000
Division: League 2
Transfer Budget: £1,000,000
Wage Budget: £200,000
Transfer Restrictions: English and U23
Shirts:

homekit.png
awaykit.png
thirdkit.png

Chairman: Lord David Triesman (the Football Association)
Manager: Trevor Brooking
The Aim: To improve the standard of U23 football in England.​

“Okay, you’re in. But not for this season, for the 09/10 season.” the FA Chairman said, “Oh, and remember; if you screw this up, Brooking, it’s your neck.”

You can download the Official St. George FC Database, here.

Last edited:
Nice work mate, love the way you combined the graphics with great writing.

Glad my idea was implemented too ;).

Good OP mate,any idea when is the first update??

looks good, it'll be interesting to see how well you do. What league do you start in?

Coca-Cola League 2,trust me course I made the Database for him:)

The Creation of the Dragon Slayers

“This is going to be harder than I thought.” I whispered to myself as the latest of my potential recruits gave me the cold answer I had hoped would not come. Jack Wilshere, seems set at Arsenal, Dan Gosling’s just signed a contract at Newcastle, Micah Richards refuses to come down to League 2. I’m going to need all my powers of persuasion to get a decent squad."

"I'm going to get stuck into my e-mails, and hopefully I'll have some good news in there. Please, have some good news for me, Microsoft Outlook."

3 hours later

“What a couple of hours. I think I’ve just signed the best player to ever play in League 2, and he’s only 18; and of course, English. Along with another couple of guys, the team looks very solid, but the squad as a whole, doesn’t.”

“Triesman will demand the play-offs if we’re to be a successful club, and I’ve got the spine to do it. But the squad is poor, very poor. It has a huge amount of potential, but it is all about fulfilling that potential. I’ve been using the old “this could get you into the England team” line; and it’s worked a few times.”

As my phone rings for the second time in minutes I gently extend my arm to answer.

“Hello, is that Mr. Brooking?” a voice I have heard before asks.
“Yes, yes it is. Who’s asking?” I reply.
“This is Fabian Delph’s agent. On behalf of my client, I would like to accept your contract offer for St. George FC.”
“Thanks a lot. That’s brilliant news. Bye.”
“Goodbye, Mr. Brooking.”

“Delph is key to my plans and having someone of his quality in the centre of midfield is huge. That’s really brightened up my day.” I shut the lid of my laptop, put the kettle on and sit down to the weekly 9 o’clock episode of 24.

hmm......Since I made the club,I can assure that you guys are in a few more suprises on the player front

alcaraz, would i be possible for you to pm me the database?
i promise i'll keep quiet about it, if so. cheers!

I've actually changed it slightly from what Alcaraz gave me, so it'll be slightly different.

I'll stick it on the Opening Post if you tell me how to upload it.

erm click the paperclip and attach the file :)

It just goes to the FM-Base Forum when I do that. :/

It just goes to the FM-Base Forum when I do that. :/

This looks really good and I'd like to play it aswell!

If I were you I'd join www.mediafire.com and upload it on there, then copy the link to the download. :D

What happened to your arsenal story, btw? Are you still going with it?

This looks really good and I'd like to play it aswell!

If I were you I'd join www.mediafire.com and upload it on there, then copy the link to the download. :D

What happened to your arsenal story, btw? Are you still going with it?

Haha, thanks alot mate. I'll upload it if you follow. ;)

And yeh, we're allowed two stories and this is a brilliant idea so I'll be doing both.