Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Managers,

After doing some somewhat, random and various browsing. I came across something very interesting that i haven't noticed.. In Football Manager, you have a possibility of having a son! Take a look at the link:

http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Son

What are sons?

They're a kind of regen. They have the same surname as the manager, and both you and the son have each other as favoured personnel. His birthplace will be the same town as where you were managing at the time (If you were managing Swindon Town 15 years ago and your Son is 15, he'll have been born in Swindon).

How Do I get One?

Not that simple, I'm afraid! It's totally random, with tiny chances of it happening.

Well, there is one way. You can use an EDT file to create a future regen, who will come into your game later on. You can choose his first, common and surnames, as well as his date of birth. You can also choose his favourite club, although he is not guaranteed to join that club. The difference between programming in a future regen and having a son generated by the game is that you won't be in the sons favourite personal, and he won't be in yours.

Although, I've never come across one of these. But i'm sure you'd have to manage for a few years to have a child. But i thought it was pretty interesting, having a concept like this.

Tell me your thoughts or experiences.

Thanks,
FourFourTwo.

Last edited:
I'd heard about this. Never experienced it though.

in FIFA Manager you can have a son from the start, like pick the age and he can be in your youth team.....but that game's **** anyway so i'll stop now.(A)

if they made it so when you were forced to retire by the game say aged 80 then you would automatically become your son and could take charge of a club, game saves have the potential to last forever.

Jake;326939/ said:
game saves have the potential to last forever.

Really? I thought they stop in like 21-something...

Last edited by a moderator:
i said if they made it so you could become your son once the game forces you to retire.

ive not been forced to retire since fm07. your game just ends as your are too old. i was approaching 100 i think, and there was an announcement that i had retired, i could have added a new manager and continued the file, but taking over as your son would be better

i said if they made it so you could become your son once the game forces you to retire.

ive not been forced to retire since fm07. your game just ends as your are too old. i was approaching 100 i think, and there was an announcement that i had retired, i could have added a new manager and continued the file, but taking over as your son would be better

Oh, thats interesting. I don't know how i could manage that many years in the game. But i've never come across having a Son though. oO)

now, that website defo needs a makeover. i'm sorry, the names for the data editor files are wrong. i should be on all of them

I've not experienced this. I wondered about it, but wasn't sure if it actually happened or the mechanics when it did.

It's a very random concept. Clever. But I don't expect anybody'll tell you when your son comes into the game. Or how he got there. Or who's it is.

This is very interesting, as I have never heard about this before. Thanks for sharing this.

I'd like to see proof, it is odd that they'd include this. But good if he became world class and wanted to play for his 'dad'.

Let's just hope that in the new patch, when you are about 17 years or so into a game lots of little John Terry's start popping up :)

I had one in FM08. In 2021 now in my Fergie story so i'll keep an eye out for little Ferguson's coming through the youth team :D

I'm sure I read somewhere that Eric said he had a regen in one of his old games?
Not sure though...

I'd like to see proof, it is odd that they'd include this. But good if he became world class and wanted to play for his 'dad'.

I wasn't too sure about it, I will try and find some screenshots around the web for you guys :)

Seems like a good concept though. :)

Yes i have a son right now. Im currently managing S.L. Benfica in portugal (it is a network game btw).
My name is Glenn Mendes, my son is helder mendes. im 37 he is 17 and he has me in his favoured personal.
he was also born in lisbon so he has to be my son :D

Yes i have a son right now. Im currently managing S.L. Benfica in portugal (it is a network game btw).
My name is Glenn Mendes, my son is helder mendes. im 37 he is 17 and he has me in his favoured personal.
he was also born in lisbon so he has to be my son :D
DNA Test I say!

Anyway, not had a son appeared yet, but when I get further on in my Hércules save, I'll have a look for any =]