Welbeck on fire
Narrowly holding onto 4th

Brighton 4 v 2 Norwich (L)
Welbeck (4)

“Welbeck completely destroyed Norwich in this game.”

Brighton 2 v 1 Liverpool (L)
Welbeck, Fischer
Possession 63%

“Welbeck gave us the lead after 10 minutes. Smalling gave away a penalty thankfully youngster Comyn-Platt pulled off a great save. Suarez pulled a goal back just before half time. Fischer got the winning goal with 10 minutes to spare.”

Swansea 2 v 2 Brighton (L)
Fischer, West
Possession 63%

“We had a controversial goal disallowed in the last minute.”

Chelsea 3 v 2 Brighton (L)
Milner, Coleman
Possession 61%

“A narrow away loss, disappointed as we were winning with 20 minutes left.”

Brighton 2 v 1 Tottenham (L)
Fischer, Hooper
Possession 56%

“The teams didn’t come to life until the second half. Fischer gave us the lead in the 56th minute before Tottenham equalised through Rodrigo. Thankfully Hooper got the winner a minute later.”

Player of the month:

Danny Welbeck – been in blistering form this month

League position:
4th

May Summary
2 crucial games left
Who will get Champions League?
Welbeck injured for 5 weeks

Brighton 1 v 2 Man Utd (L)
Hooper
Possession 50%

“Hooper gave us the lead in thw 33rd minute but Ben Arfa quickly equalised. Neymar scored a late winner and Arsenal overtook us in the league with 1 game remaining.”

West Brom 1 v 2 Brighton (L)
Hooper (2)
Possession 61%

“Need to win this game and hope Arsenal draw or lose away to Stoke to qualify for the Champions League. With Arsenal losing a 2-1 victory was enough to ensure Champions League football at the AMEX!”

Player of the month:

Gary Hooper – for his goals this month

League position:
4th

Season Summary
Our fourth season in the Premier League and we finished 4th. We got to the final of the League cup and to the 3rd round of the FA cup. This season was great for us, finishing 4th, and allowing us to qualify for the Champions League and although we didn’t win the League Cup we managed to reach the final which is great considering some of the teams we had to face. The FA Cup is the only competition which haunts me!

At the end of the season Man Utd won the league. Man City, Chelsea and Brighton make up the remaining Champions League places. Misery for Hull, Wolves and Watford who were all relegated. They have been replaced by Huddersfield, Leeds and Blackburn who have come up from the Championship. Chelsea won the League Cup and Liverpool won the FA Cup. Arsenal (5th), Liverpool (FA cup winners) and Fulham (7th) all will be in the Euro Cup next season.

Round Europe: PSG, FC Bayern, PSV, Cagliari, FCP and Barcelona won their leagues. FCP beat Juventus in the Champions League 1-0. Lyon beat Roma 1-0 in the Euro Cup.
--

Final table:
View attachment 471007

Premier League awards:
Footballer of the year: Wayne Rooney
Player’s player of the year: Eden Hazard
Top scorer: Wayne Rooney (25 goals)
Young player of the year: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Manager of the year: Manuel Pellegrini (I came 2nd)

Brighton awards:
Player of the year: Chris Smalling
Top scorer: Matthew West (13 goals)
Top assists: James Milner (10 assists)
Highest average rating: Lewis Dunk (7.61)
Average possession (league): 60%
Average possession (overall): 64%

Team of the year:
View attachment 471006

5 years on: Overall Best 11
View attachment 470755

Considering I have completed my 5th year as Brighton manager does anyone want me to post anything? Also anyway I can improve my story?

New season
Pre-season:
De Graafschap 0 v 4 Brighton
Brighton 3 v 2 Barcelona
Brighton 1 v 1 FCP
Brighton 3 v 0 Boca
Brighton 2 v 2 Liverpool
Blackpool 1 v 3 Brighton
Wolfsburg 1 v 2 Brighton

“A great unbeaten pre-season for us with some great results including beating Barcelona and Boca, as well as holding Champions League winners FCP to a draw. Considering I was playing 5 youngsters it was a great result. Think this could be our year, so hopefully a title push.”

Signings:
View attachment 470576

Thando Dladla
View attachment 470567View attachment 470568
A young African with potential. Hopefully can fill the void left by Carrick and Barry.

Doug Dootson
View attachment 470565View attachment 470566
Another Crewe youngster who will go into the under-18s

Pio
View attachment 470563View attachment 470564
Another youngster who is one for the future. Was produced in Barcelona's academy and has been dubbed the next Xavi so hopefully will pay off!

Rayan Paris and Quentin Martel
View attachment 470561View attachment 470560View attachment 470559View attachment 470562
Both French regens with great potential.

Petr Rak and Lorenzo Schilder
View attachment 470557View attachment 470556View attachment 470555View attachment 470558
Both youngsters were signed on frees from PSV. Decided to loan them out this season but again ones for the future.

Steven Cole
View attachment 470553View attachment 470554
A young English man with great potential who will play in the whole behind the striker. Will be competing with West, Hughes and Forster-Caskey.

Oliveira
View attachment 470551View attachment 470552
Wasn't originally my first target with Shaw, Clyne and Luiz Henrique my first choice. But with 5 star potential definitely a bargain. Sterling also comes in with Matt Phillips leaving.

Season Objectives:
Play possession football
Give youth player games (Pio, Comyn-Platt, Lawton, Jose Ricardo, Dladla, Robson, Motohashi, Steven Cole and Danilo Theophilo will play 10-15 games each)
Top 6 finish
At least qualify for Euro Cup
Get to the final of a cup

Squad Analysis
Goalkeepers
View attachment 470542View attachment 470543View attachment 470548View attachment 470549View attachment 470546View attachment 470547View attachment 470544View attachment 470545
McGregor has been the first choice at the club for the past few seasons. He has been great for us but hopefully my youngsters can push him for a place. Walton is a great young home-grown keeper with potential and will be in the first team next year (on loan at Ipswich). Oliver Wray is the 'Ben Amos' keeper of the team. He is my third choice and will rarely play unless my first two keepers get injured. Finally my biggest prospect Comyn-Platt; signed as a youngster from the famous Crewe academy and already in the England under-21 side at 16. This season I believe it will be his time to shine and has already outshone McGregor in pre-season. Future England number 1, hopefully!

August Summary
Champions League decider
Norway matches
Start to the Premier League

Brighton 2 v 0 West Brom (L)
Smalling, Ince
Possession 61%

We begin our campaign with a comfortable victory over West Brom.

Gladbach 1 v 1 Brighton (CLQ)
West
Possession 53%

A magical free kick from West was enough to secure an important away point in our Champions League qualifier.

Chelsea 3 v 0 Brighton (L)
Possession 43%

We had an early chance with a penalty but couldn't convert it. Dunk got sent off in the second half before we conceded 3 late goals.

Brighton 5 v 2 Gladbach (CLQ)
Ince (2), Maupay, Welbeck (2)
Possession 54%

Decided to sim the match and we completely thrashed them 6-3 on aggregate. Champions League football at the AMEX.

Player of the month:

Danny Welbeck has played well and scored some top class goals

League position:
7th

Internationals:
Norway 3 v 3 Belgium (WCQ)
Henrikson, Abdellaoue, Hovland

Cannot believe we let a 3-0 lead slip but the main thing is we are still top.

Germany 3 v 1 Norway (F)
Hovland

A good test for us. didn't really start playing till the second half when we were 3-0 down.

Norway 0 v 3 Colombia (F)

Another poor display from us.

Last edited:
September Summary
Ibrahimovic signs for Brighton
300 games in management
Champions League begins

Brighton 0 v 2 Arsenal (L)
Possession 56%

"A very poor start to the month."

Everton 1 v 0 Brighton (L)
Possession 53%

"A narrow loss against a strong Everton team."

FCP 4 v 1 Brighton (CL)
Zaha
Possession 49%

"A very poor start against last season Champions League winners. Can see the gulf in class."

Brighton 0 v 0 Stoke (L)
Possession 60%

"We had about 20 chances to score but just didn?t take our chances."

Brighton 2 v 1 Blackburn (LC)
Forster-Caskey, Hooper
Possession 62%

"A youthful line up with veteran Ibrahimovic up front. A good come back against a resilient Blackburn side."

Huddersfield 1 v 2 Brighton (L)
Maupay, Smalling
Possession 53%

"Another come back and a good away win."

Player of the month:
Jake Forster-Caskey - has been phenomenal in the dlp role

League position:
11th

Internationals:
Luxembourg 0 v 2 Norway (WCQ)
Elyounoussi, Henrikson

"We had so many chances to thrash them but at least we got the win. Joint first with Belgium with them scoring 2 more goals than us."