Sol Campbell To Join Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter Hush Baby
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 3K
He has mental stability problems anyway. He will walk out after his team photo.;)

smart move getting Sol Campbell if its true saves them spending millions on a CB

After watching him last season for Pompey he is too slow and awkward for premier league football now.

As I've heard it Man Utd have said they have a bit of a defensive crisis with injuries, Sol has popped up and said he'd like to go there and Man Utd have said nothing more... the stuff of playgrounds: "pick me, pick me, please pick me!"

"Could United be ready to revive the career of another veteran?"

Well they haven't revived any veterans career so far, so I don't see why they would start now.. If you are referring to Owen then he is hardly a veteran and his career hasn't been revived yet. But I'm about 99% sure Sir Alex isn't that stupid, it would be a waste of funds.. He would never be good enough for the Premier League, maybe as a coaching role?

"Could United be ready to revive the career of another veteran?"

Well they haven't revived any veterans career so far, so I don't see why they would start now.. If you are referring to Owen then he is hardly a veteran and his career hasn't been revived yet. But I'm about 99% sure Sir Alex isn't that stupid, it would be a waste of funds.. He would never be good enough for the Premier League, maybe as a coaching role?

I would call Owen a veteran, he aint that young is he? Has his career been revived? I'd say he's not doing to bad at all

Owen is only 29. And I think he's doing a good job for United, I don't know what people are expecting from him but his goal to minutes ratio this season is very very good.

Dont see the point in them going for Campbell.
Because most of their defenders are out injured and they want a fill in player who won't cost much. I haven't made up my mind if it's a good move or not or if it will even happen. Probably won't happen but if it does we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.

it says he wants to and he hasn't heard anything from united so i very much doubt the deal will ever happen

Because most of their defenders are out injured and they want a fill in player who won't cost much. I haven't made up my mind if it's a good move or not or if it will even happen. Probably won't happen but if it does we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.

Why would moneybags Utd be so worried about money? IMO Campbell just isn't good enough for the prem (he even had a terrible debut for Notts Co in League 2!) Their best bet is to exercise the buyback clause they reputedly have for Ryan Shawcross.

I would call Owen a veteran, he aint that young is he? Has his career been revived? I'd say he's not doing to bad at all

Owen is only 29. Well I wouldn't say it's been revived.. He's doing okay, but the word revived seems a bit strong? If it wasn't for his hat-trick early this week his stats would look pretty poor. But back to Sol Campbell, please sign him United, and play him every game!!! ;)

Fitting place for him if he does join.

One of the biggest ****** in English football heading to a club... well, let's keep it mild... a club that 'suits' him.

well, he just leaves, lesser clubs( putting it midly). for better clubs.

left spurs for arsenal, then went to pompey( won more at pompey then arsenal did in same peroid) then left when they couldnt afford his wages, to notts county, now back at the very top

Well Fergie has just announced he won't be signing him.

Back