Sol Campbell to world cup???

Joss

Reaction score
In my Arsenal save on FM 10 - Sol Campbell, who through injury has only managed to start once and come on as a sub for 15 minutes once.. but has an average rating of 7.30 has forced his way into the england squad for a qualifier against Ukraine - admittedly he probably won't play but it's funny anyhow..

That's not the point though.. What do you guys think of the chances of someone like Sol going to the world cup (by that i mean; a legend/retired player e.g. sol/scholes/even WAYNE bridge??)

He's been one of Arsenal's better players in recent weeks, better than that donkey Upson.

true true - it would be legendary - apparently in Dennis Bergkamp's last year - Marco Van Basten- the then coach ( i think i'm getting this right...) was urged to call him for old times sake - Bergkamp was willing but Marco van ******* wasn't.. - i think Sol is perfect - he's experienced, been playing regularly recently with Gallas out and is in good form! come on Fabio!

When he rejoined Arsenal this season i would have said are you ****** mad!

but that old daawwwgggs got some pace :p left

he hasn't been too bad, so as an experience head back up, why not!

I personally wouldn't take him but I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets injured before the end of season.

Wouldn't be shocked to see G Nev going either

Maybe, I just don't really feel he's reliable in a World Cup.

We should of given him a go in a friendly match to see if he's still up for it before even contemplating taking him to the World Cup.

I would rather not have him in my squad but in recent weeks he has been pretty solid.

Please don't take Heskey :/

I personally wouldn't take him but I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets injured before the end of season.

Wouldn't be shocked to see G Nev going either

I don't fancy Neville up against any left winger with a bit of pace though, could end up being a nightmare.

Well, he would be better than Upson no doubt, but surely there is someone else we can take?! :p

I don't fancy Neville up against any left winger with a bit of pace though, could end up being a nightmare.

He had a good game against Bellamy the other day but I can see where you are coming from. He'd be a good squad man as there's not many good RBs about.

Sol has been tremendous since he has been back. He has all the experience of major competitions, coupled with great form. Campbell for England (8)

I would rather take him than Upson.

But then again, I would rather have Rio, Terry, Shagielka, Dawson and Lescott.

Dont think he sould wengar didnt want to play him in the cl because he lacked pace so surly this must also be true for the world cup :S

Lescott is awful!

cant take him

Jagielka yes i definitely agree with that shout

Lescott is awful!

cant take him

Jagielka yes i definitely agree with that shout

I wouldn't start Lescott, but he can cover leftback if Cashley bails and we don't take Baines or Warnock.

I wouldn't start Lescott, but he can cover leftback if Cashley bails and we don't take Baines or Warnock.

Would rather take Aaron Lescott instead of Joleon XD

As a West Ham fan, it pains me to say that Dawson has to go to the world cup ahead of Upson. Really not sure about Campbell - the last time he played for England was back in 2007....

He's played quite well since he's come back
Was very good against Spurs
His quick enough too when he gets going, strong too and great in the air