Sol Campbell to world cup???

Dont think he sould wengar didnt want to play him in the cl because he lacked pace so surly this must also be true for the world cup :S

Campbell played in the CL for Arsenal. Scored against Porto, i think?

i think England would do well to at least include him in the squad.

Campbell played in the CL for Arsenal. Scored against Porto, i think?

i think England would do well to at least include him in the squad.
I know he played but wengar didnt relly want to but had to because of injurys

I personally wouldn't take him. I'd take, Terry, Ferdinand, Jagielka and Dawson.

Maybe, I just don't really feel he's reliable in a World Cup.

We should of given him a go in a friendly match to see if he's still up for it before even contemplating taking him to the World Cup.

we still have a friendly left don't we - Japan? or is that after the squad is picked - leaving it a bit late anyway..

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I don't fancy Neville up against any left winger with a bit of pace though, could end up being a nightmare.

That's just where Neville thrives, i know he's a wee bit slow but he has experience and plays regularly and consistently for utd instead of Brown and/or Rafael. I personally wouldn't take him though - but he did well against Milan and Bayern.

Dont think he sould wengar didnt want to play him in the cl because he lacked pace so surly this must also be true for the world cup :S

But as far as i know - England are nowhere near as attacking as Arsenal, with a really high line etc. also he has done well against quick players before. He has been clumsy at times like the penalty at Stoke. Also with a bit of luck, Barry/ whoever are dm will be will stop any through balls - not many long ball international teams..

Id rather take Ledley King and he hardly plays. Much better than Campbell anyday.

He's a bit clumsy and too slow, but yeah he has experience. I wouldn't take him though, I'd give the spot so someone more reliable.

Saying that, I reckon Micheal Turner should have a pop at it, from his performances last season at Hull and the majority of his performances for Sunderland, he has a wise head on his shoulders for a young centre back with the passes he picks out and the decisions he makes. If Ryan Shawcross is within a shout of going to South Africa, Turner should have about the same chance of going in my opininon

I wouldn't take him.

Though I wouldn't take Ledley King, either.

Terry, Ferdinand, Dawson, Jagielka.

Haha, he's old, slow and just incredibly *****.

Terry, Ferdinand, Dawson and Lescott should go.

haha Sol as England's manager is legendary.. he's not a judus - he's misunderstood - i bet you don't see Pat Jennings on O'leary as a judus do you naliz? @JDH1989 i'd like to say sol instead oF Lescott but since we have such a shortage of lbs he could be useful - then again hes even worse than sol who is playing really well..and also Baines will go as backup for a now fit again Cashley hole so why not?

No way, i would take these, i think i posted a different 4 earlier on but i have changed my mind
Terry
Ferdinand
Lescott
Cahill

How can people even Name Lescott or Sol is beyond me. Noth Not good enough.

I think i would take

Rio,
Terry
King
Carrgher( if he comes out of retirement)
With Wes Brown as 2nd choice Rb so he could cover CB if needed

No way, i would take these, i think i posted a different 4 earlier on but i have changed my mind
Terry
Ferdinand
Lescott
Cahill

Cahill is a good shout, but I think that Dawson will deffo go and of course Terry and Ferdinand will go.

Terry
Ferdinand
Dawson
King

....Anyone who says lescott should be shot!