Sons in the Game?

Reaction score
I want to know what year or what years your son typically comes through the ranks. Cause I have never seen a son come through even once and I really want to see one but I dont know what year I have to play till.

What do you mean? Who's son?

I remember on fm 08 there was a guy who was in like 2050 or something and he had a son. he was not the greatest but alwasy signed him. I dont think the thread was on this website but i can still remember it but have no idea when you get one, im guessing it would change depending what age you put yourself when you start.

First I've heard of this... :l

Fifa Manager has the family feature.

I'm willing to bet that he has the wrong game.

yeah but I think what you're talking about is a coïncidence. I mean iff you're english and you play in the english league then of course you are bound to get one with your surname, or at least for people with common surnames. And new players always have a few staff members *** favourite personal so the chance of it being you is not that small or anything.

Yes to me it all just sounds coincidental.

I'm sure there would always be a slight chance that one of my youth players would be called Taylor and also have me as a fave personnel.

Well someone from SI hasa confirmed it and there is a feauture like this in the game.

I know he says someone has confirmed it but the link is broken. Also just because the guy from SI says it is in the game, doesn't necessarily mean he's telling the truth.

Ok, i understand your doubts but i remember there was a thread a while back with someone with their own son, he was managing ajax i think but put his nationality as somewhere else like belgian and had prevoiusly managed there, and on the regens profile his birth place was the same as the manager/father and now was in the ajax academy, that must have have been a really big coincidence.

Il try and find a link for you.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3691243

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Here is one that with Arsene Wengers son - born in london and Wenger isnt a popular name.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3691243

but how could the guy get a son with the same birthplace? how does fm know your birthplace? please tell me...

and on the other thing. I remember Robby Keane taking over at Real on 08 and after a few years like 10 youngsters pop up in real's -19 team who were Irish. Still sounds like a coincidence to me

Last edited:
but how could the guy get a son with the same birthplace? how does fm know your birthplace? please tell me...

and on the other thing. I remember Robby Keane taking over at Real on 08 and after a few years like 10 youngsters pop up in real's -19 team who were Irish. Still sounds like a coincidence to me

I mean county wise. But there is a few points which makes me believe its more than a coincidence:

1) Someone from SI has confirmed it.
2) With the screenshots i gave you it must be a massvie coincidence with someone with the same foreing name (wenger, its not a popular name is it?) is in the youth acadamey and it says his birthplace is in London which is the club he is managing is the city they play in.
3) Is it jsut a coicidence that they normally just play for your team???
4) Say if you are 50ish and someone with the same name appears in your academy then they normaly are about 16. So that would mean you had this "son" when you were about 34 and that is roughl the time people have there children.

And someone from SI has confirmed it.

Overall that must be some coinicidence but believe what you want

well I always play my games in later years (start around 2023, keep playing long time) and I never had this happened. On the name thing, that still doesn't make sense. If Wenger is in the game as a manager, then his name is. An Example, you have this guy Nakajima-Farran who is from Canada. I always see this at Canada there will always be youth players with this name. Right now there's two of them in my game. I wouldn't consider that name a very common one or Canadian people. Now you could say them both being the original Nakajima-Farran's son, but it always happens. I can give you more examples of player's names if you want. The names which are in-game will return.

I think I've also seen a thread about this happening before. FM does list birthplace of current players, can't remember if it does so with regens. Also, in response to the Keane at Madrid thing, FM will bring academy players through based on the Manager's nationality as well as the nation he is managing in. For instance, I had my nationality set as "Cook Islander" and while managing teams around the world, a small percentage of regens from my club would be eligible for the Cook Islands. Haven't had a son of my own, but can see it would be possible from the other little suprising things that Fm 09 does without most people knowing.

i know that most current players have birthplaces and all regens do, but that's not what i meant. the guy first said he knew somebody it happened to (getting a son in the game) with the same birthplace. This is not possible since you don't enter birthplaces. Then later he says it happened to Arsene Wenger and I didn't notice that.
and to the other thing. I know this (not only by a current manager at a club, also other staff), but that's exactly to get to the point that it is possible you get a regen from your nationality in a different country. That's my point, it always happens, not nessecarilu sons (if there are any).

And another thing. I remember being at ajax and having two players popped up with the same last name which where rather uncommen names in holland so you would expect them to be brothers or anything but they have birthdates some months away from each other, like 3 months away. Why would SI get into the trouble of making ann offspring thing, then not having brothers.
I know this is a lame argument but still it sort off points out what I'm getting at, I believe there's no such thing as 'offspring' or 'family' generated thing. I have also had a guy popping up as a regen named David de Vries, he didn't have me as favourite personal. Now you can picture one comming up actually having me as favourite personal. I could falsly pretend he's my son but I won't.

I always wondered about brothers, I never thought of me being a father though.

Brothers do appear to be in the game though, Senegal has these two guys named Diallo from the same town and only a few years difference. The one guy was already in the database, and the brother was a regen. They didnt list each other as fav personel though, but I thought it couldnt be a coincidence.

If I had a son I would know it, my last name is pretty rare. (It would be funny if he was of a different race though)

That is exactly the point. It happens a lot, because the names are regenerated. I play with a very big database and all african (and many more) have a lot of the same names reappearing in their regens. I manage Ajax Cape Town right now and the competition is flooded by Makoena's, Nzama's, Ndou's, Radebe's. And how big is the change that there's two guys on your team who were born in Cape Town with the same name? That is bound to happen sometime. And the manager - son thing is less likely to happen but when football manager is run over a thousend times by over a thousend people it is bound to happen somewhere.