Sons in the Game?

Ok i understad your point, but if you go onto the SI website then you will find threads asking if this is a feature and people who work for SI have confirmed it.

The name database for some countries is probably fairly small, and the amount of towns in the database is probably small as well. I have seen people in the game who have same last name, come from same town, and list each other, (Ricciolino, Kyerematengs are the ones i have experience with). I think there probably is something in the game with brothers/sons but I don't think its very developed.

Maybe I'll start a new game and be from san marino, or luxembourg or something and make a random name (abcd) and simulate like 20 years or so and see if someone matches me.

good idea but haha we will have the same problem. I will tell you it is because the game simply re-uses the names when generating new players and others will say that it's their sons or brothers

edit: i've actually got a lot of players named 'Hiddink' around and I can tell you it is a very uncommon dutch name

Last edited:
The first I've heard that but would be good if it was true.

No I actually know for sure that they are in the game this game specifically, there are guys on the SI community boards that have their sons playing for them. It automatically lists them in their Favourite Personell and they have the exact same name as you except they have a jr. on the end. I cant believe no one here knew about this, I guess it must be rather rare then that you actually get one.

Steve Bruce and Alex Bruce when they were both at Birmingham , is that the sort of thing you mean?

No I actually know for sure that they are in the game this game specifically, there are guys on the SI community boards that have their sons playing for them. It automatically lists them in their Favourite Personell and they have the exact same name as you except they have a jr. on the end. I cant believe no one here knew about this, I guess it must be rather rare then that you actually get one.
So they give them a 'Jr.' behind the name. If that is true than the game does create sons. But that means that we can conclude that all the other name stuff is just random. I have never seen any come into the game though. But they did something wrong at SI if no-one has ever seen it!

So they give them a 'Jr.' behind the name. If that is true than the game does create sons. But that means that we can conclude that all the other name stuff is just random. I have never seen any come into the game though. But they did something wrong at SI if no-one has ever seen it!

I agree its a little silly that its not more common. Then again they run a rather realistic game and realistically do you expect the son of a manager to come through every single time one is born? No not really so still hopefully they make it more prevalent in the next one.

yeah thought about that too, your right there, it is realistic

I'm away from my apartment for a couple days so I started one and my name is Doodle McPoodle, so if there is another McPoodle out there with Puerto Rican nationality, I'll be certain it's my son.

I simmed to 2084...McPoodle is 100 years old and no sons in the game (unless I missed them).

I only loaded the Indian league, so don't ask me to upload it. France won 3 world cups in a row, and their total is 8 which is best in the world, germany won a couple too. One guy won World Best Footballer 4 times over a 10 year span, and two other guys won it 3 times in a row. I went through transfer fees throughout the years, and I noticed 4 transfers worth 40 million or more and a bunch of transfers in the 30 million range.

The highest fee I saw for a player was Barcelona paying 56 million dollars for....Bojan....from St Ettiene. I lolled.

I simmed to 2084...McPoodle is 100 years old and no sons in the game (unless I missed them).

I only loaded the Indian league, so don't ask me to upload it. France won 3 world cups in a row, and their total is 8 which is best in the world, germany won a couple too. One guy won World Best Footballer 4 times over a 10 year span, and two other guys won it 3 times in a row. I went through transfer fees throughout the years, and I noticed 4 transfers worth 40 million or more and a bunch of transfers in the 30 million range.

The highest fee I saw for a player was Barcelona paying 56 million dollars for....Bojan....from St Ettiene. I lolled.
haha Saint Ettiene must've been rolling in it

Quote from Robzilla SI forums:
Wrong, I proved this when I had a son come through my academy at Benfica with the surname "van der Veenstraat" (not a name, but the name of a street in Amsterdam), which can only have been derived from my manager name.

I had Dutch nationality and was managing Benfica at the time, so he came through with a Dutch name (well no Portuguese anyway) and Dutch as his second nationality. His first nationality was Portuguese, although going by his birth date, I was managing Ajax at the time, so he should really have had Dutch as his primary (and only) nationality.

Proof enough??