Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think celebrations are an unreasonable thing to ask for, and they have introduced goal celebrations, but for that to influence the purchase of the game is ludicrous in my opinion

simply put: Fifa manager is a game, Football manager is a Simulation

If you want silly gimmicks go play fifa, If you want to get as close a feel as you can to real management, play Football manager.

Sorry but after playing fifa manager a picture of a trophy with ****** music in the background does not come close to the adrenaline of winning a trophy on Football Manager.

Also the fact that Football Manager is rather difficult and after endless hours of processing, late goals and ******** missing from 2 yards to finally get a message about you winning a trophy is ******* immense

I don't think celebrations are an unreasonable thing to ask for, and they have introduced goal celebrations, but for that to influence the purchase of the game is ludicrous in my opinion

Finally, thats all I was asking for, I am still downloading the demo so who knows I may become a reg on this message board you lucky few :D

Soooooooo if i like it where is cheapest to buy this beast and where do I get real kits and help installing them?

Plus I played FM 2009 online with a mate but we just did the old style CM watchin text and it bored me

i can see where he is coming from, it is nice to see players celebrate, but as most people here said, fm is amazing for so many other reasons. you are entitled to your opinion mate, im not going to criticize you for it, but for your own sake just play the demo with an open mind otherwise you might miss out on a great game

Everyone is basically saying they don't care about the celebrations in the cup but what would you all say if I worked for FM and my first post was:
'FM 2012 INTRODUCES CUP CELEBRATIONS WITH TICKER TAPE AND YOUR MANAGER RUNNING ON THE PITCH' yes its not a massive issue but would this first post have made the game better in your eyes? Simple yes/no? for me it would make it the clear fav and people have to open there views a bit and thats coming from a former Pro Evo top 20 in the world player who now plays Fifa daily and doesn't buy Pro anymore. (I no this is a PC and not a console just making a statement) so would it make it better and hammer down your judgement on it being the leading management simulator?

1. Does it now have Premiership real kits, badges, etc without having to mess about installing 3rd party ones?

It doesn't have the kits, badges for certain League's but as stated in the thread already, they're easily downloaded. Probably annoying for people who like that but FIFA have the rights so what can one do.

2. Is there Cup celebrations? because there is nothing I hate more than working hard all season just to see the game send me an email saying congratulations??? wheres the player excitement jumping around, cup??? anything this time or is it basically the same game from years ago with a few added extras but no major changes that make a huge difference to making a manager game actually feel real and worth buying?

There aren't cup celebration so to speak but if you're into that kind of thing, then FM isn't really for you. To be honest, I'm surprised they've never added a feature like this but I suppose they don't want to become too much like Fifa Manager. As stated above, FM offers a realistic simulation of real life tactics so if you want instant success all the time, FM is not for you.

I have played FM 2009 and it was a great piece of kit, loved the whole realistic feel about the game but for some reason I went back to FIFA MANAGER but fed up of the kiddy feel of that game now, doesnt seem very adulty (pardon my english lol) :D

if you have a ferrari you just drive it to the edge,you don't cry saying that you prefer a hyundai i10 because it is easier to park

ps 8 years ago i started playing cm...one of my friends was playing fifa manager,i felt sorry for him and i taught him about cm and then fm..now he is a legend for toulouse fc and the new stadium of his club was given his name.pretty much thousands time awesomer than yours cup celebrations...true story

In other words I did like fifa manager more because of the 3D engine the full kits logo's cups etc the whole thing was realistic but the latest edition Fifa manager 2010 which I own has bored me senseless, the home page is worse than in 2008's fifa manager and just fed up of it now but dont want to waste £30 if i wont be happy

Everyone is basically saying they don't care about the celebrations in the cup but what would you all say if I worked for FM and my first post was:
'FM 2012 INTRODUCES CUP CELEBRATIONS WITH TICKER TAPE AND YOUR MANAGER RUNNING ON THE PITCH' yes its not a massive issue but would this first post have made the game better in your eyes? Simple yes/no? for me it would make it the clear fav and people have to open there views a bit and thats coming from a former Pro Evo top 20 in the world player who now plays Fifa daily and doesn't buy Pro anymore. (I no this is a PC and not a console just making a statement) so would it make it better and hammer down your judgement on it being the leading management simulator?

If you worked for FM and said that I'd be reasonably happy, but I'd rather they worked on other things. It might make the game better, but in such an insignificant way that it really doesn't matter.

Also, we don't care if you were good at Pro Evo. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

if you have a ferrari you just drive it to the edge,you don't cry saying that you prefer a hyundai i10 because it is easier to park

ps 8 years ago i started playing cm...one of my friends was playing fifa manager,i felt sorry for him and i taught him about cm and then fm..now he is a legend for toulouse fc and the new stadium of his club was given his name.pretty much thousands time awesomer than yours cup celebrations...true story
None of that made sense to me but thanks

Even though Football Manager is the greatest, I do play FIFA Manager when Football Manager ****** me off, the only thing that really ****** me off with FIFA Manager is that it crashes every hour or two

If you worked for FM and said that I'd be reasonably happy, but I'd rather they worked on other things. It might make the game better, but in such an insignificant way that it really doesn't matter.

Also, we don't care if you were good at Pro Evo. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
imgres

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...age=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0&tx=63&ty=49

Even though Football Manager is the greatest, I do play FIFA Manager when Football Manager ****** me off, the only thing that really ****** me off with FIFA Manager is that it crashes every hour or two
And for some reason when I win a game my manager sulks ? Bug

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Oh, look kettle, it's a pot!
Well it didnt make sense, didnt get what a Ferrari driving it to the edge but a Hyundai being parked has much to do with what I was on about

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

After all this can I ask is it not even out yet?

Sigh

You've found out what you wanted to know, I'll close this before more spam is posted.

Just so those of you who are unaware, a facepalm = infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.