panicbuy

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is different in the sound pack

diffrent how? which sound pack are you refering to?

What iam after is the latest sound pack as iam running a prem league game and would like to know what is different in the sound

theres a big diffrence,the soundpack in the download section was created by Bennico from the SI forums and was a big hit for FM10 and has been updated for Fm11 and has premier league team chants, trust me you will notice a big diffrence from the original boring match sounds,back up your original sounds folder and events folder and give it a try,if you dont like it then just go back to the original but i dont think you will,i deleted my version from here but its much the same except i had more chants from diffrent leagues on mine

Ive deff downloaded a sound pack as i have it in my folders but for some reason its not working

the sound pack files go into the actual games files in programs NOT user documents

if your using steam then:
the match events folder goes into C:\program files\steam\steam apps\common\FM11\data\events
the default sound folder goes intoC:\program files\steam\steam apps\common\FM11\data\sounds

if your using through the game cd then:
the match events folder goes into C:\program files\SI\FM11\data\events
the default sound folder goes intoC:\program files\SI\FM11\data\sounds (not sure if this is 100% correct as i play through steam but will be close enough for you to find)

also when you load up the game you will need to go into preferences then display and sound and tick play all sounds as the default setting is smart sounds

Last edited:
what ive done is delte default sound and added the sound pack which is in the file you suggested data sound and i went onto the game and preff and did what you said.
The only sound i get is cheers boos and whistle`s from the crowd

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

So far ive managed to add facepack and logo`s even tho the facepack does not do everyone its a start and logo`s are good.
Iam still trying to add sound pack but still no luck could someone pls confirm where the best place to get this and how to install pls

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

I have downloaded a really good sound pack from pesgaming forum but unsure if this can be used in FM 2011 and still unsure how i do this
any help would be good as ive tried so hard to do this

thats probably your problem right there trying to use that pack,i would highly recomend downloading and using the sound pack in the download section of this site here> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3805
use post 6 on here of mine to install ie:match events folder and sounds default folder

this is the one that is most common used with football manager guaranteed to work

That sound pack youve already downloaded will not work with football manager its designed for Pro evolotion soccer totally diffrent,ull need to uninstall that one and use the one ive put in the link above

Last edited:
---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

ive not tried to add that file to game yet still trying to add the one you suggested.
this is the part iam not understanding

1. Put Events and Sounds folders into "Your game's installation path\Data"
  2. Delete "C:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 201X\Cache"
iam assuming i add events and sounds folder into installation path data if so there is already folders there for this.
and when i go c docs/username/football manager 2011/ cant see anything called cache

Last edited:
skip no2 you dont need to delete the cache

as i said before you need to put the match events and the match sounds from the downloaded file into:
the match events folder goes into C:\program files\SI\FM11\data\events
the default sound folder goes into C:\program files\SI\FM11\data\sounds
NOT user documents when you move these files into the above destination and it says do you want to overwrite then click agree,when done make sure when loading game you go to preferences and selct play all sounds

you need to put the files into the highlighted files,this is what you should be looking for

Last edited:
dont mean to sound stupid but when i look in sounds the default is already there so iam assuming just need to add sound to events

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Ok ive downloaded the file and i can see 3 folders in winrar
folder
events
sounds

dont mean to sound stupid but when i look in sounds the default is already there so iam assuming just need to add sound to events

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Ok ive downloaded the file and i can see 3 folders in winrar
folder
events
sounds
basicly replace the default sound file already there with the one in the downloaded file then do the same with the events folder replace the existing one with the downloaded one

the only 2 files needed is the sound file and the events folder

Do you need to delete the default sounds for this to work?

ok when i try to extract the events to events its says this

cannot open
the system cannot find the file specified

should i extract to desktop 1st

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

its saying the same when i try to extract to desktop

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

could this link be broken

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

could someone look into this as i think the download link must be broken as ive now try to download this file 3 times and when its finished downloading i try to extract files using winrar but this is what come up.

! Cannot open C:\Users\Fran\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\DYY5I0Z2\FM11SoundPatch[1].rar
! The system cannot find the file specified.
! C:\Users\Fran\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\DYY5I0Z2\FM11SoundPatch[1].rar: No files to extract

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Have i done anything wrong here or would this be a problem with the sound pack link really would like to add this to the game

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:48 PM ----------

does anyone know of another link to a soundpack as i keep trying but nothing is working

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

ive downloaded it again from somewhere else but this time ive manged to extract to desktop then i added them to the correct folders which i can now see them in there.
i then opened the game and iam playing my 1st friendly but no change so would i need to play a home game as iam running arsenal or should i see a change straight away.
ive gone into preff on the game and unticked use skin cache and ticked always reload skin on confirm.
sound cache is set to all and ticked play sounds

is there anything else i need to do
i know some people have tried to help but iam really close now must be something iam doing wrong here.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

anyone

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

gonna try downloading it again and extract to the correct folders
i would still like to know if the link is broken as i think iam wasting my time here

you wont get much sound in friendly matches bud you will need to test in your first league home match,if you still have no luck ill re upload my version as no one had a problem with it installing

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Do you need to delete the default sounds for this to work?
yes you do need to delete the original sounds first and the events also,i would highly recomend back them up first incase the new sounds do not work or you have a problem with them etc

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

ive re uploaded my version which has more chants than the other pack on here and ive put simple instructions on the link which is here > http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4204

not much else i can help you with really its pretty straight forward good luck :)

Ok thanks for your reply iam now downloading the file
so what ive done is back up what was in events folder and sound folder and then deleted what was in events folder and sound folder and kept the folders
i was`nt sure if i deleted the events and sound folder

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:56 PM ----------

At last ive managed to add the sound pack as you suggested and it sounds fantastic just what i was after so i cant wait to start playing.
Ive added all english club kits and prem logo`s and also added a mega facepack so all looking much better now.
I really appriciate all your help on this its just iam not the best on the pc but got there in the end

Thanks

Nice one mate glad we got there in the end hope you enjoy the game! :)