Luke4

Reaction score

View attachment 1026509

Squad

View attachment 174568
View attachment 174567
----------------------------------------

Key Players

View attachment 174566View attachment 174565View attachment 174564View attachment 174563

(I don't know if anyone has a better way to show these kinds of screenshots??)

---------------------------------------

Transfers

View attachment 174569

View attachment 174562

-----------------------------------------

I'll be honest, bit confused trying to get the layout to work as the way I cant do it the way I normally would as it says I have URL restriction?!

Pre-Season

Friendly
The Racecourse Ground, Wrexham

Wrexham 1

Joel Logan (45)

Southampton 4

Jordy Clasie (3)
Graziano Pellé ( 6 )
José Fonte (25)
Jay Rodriguez (82)

Not a bad result to start, despite the opposition and the fact it's a friendly.

--------------

Friendly
Prenton Park, Birkenhead

Tranmere Rovers 0

Southampton 4

Jay Rodriguez (2, 6, 60)
Davy Klaassen (35)

Another good friendly, started Jay Rodriguez up front and it paid off well. Good to see my new signing Klaassen get a goal as well.

-------------

Friendly
Daknam, Lokeren

Lokeren 1

Edgard Servais (6,)

Southampton 1

Jay Rodriguez (76)

Switched things up a bit to try and get more players back into match fitness, needed Rodriguez to come off the bench to get a poor draw.

----------------

Okay this is as far as it lets me post and I can't add images, so bit annoying but hopefully someone can help me fix this soon?

It's a restriction on new members to try to prevent spam, if you comment on a few different threads to get your post count up it will then let you

It's a restriction on new members to try to prevent spam, if you comment on a few different threads to get your post count up it will then let you

Okay thanks, my post counts at 18 or something though - how many do I have to reach?

Hope you can get stuff up soon Klassen for 6 million is a great deal for you and selling yoshida for 4.5 mil is good business as well

Okay thanks, my post counts at 18 or something though - how many do I have to reach?

I don't know actually, but probably not many more. 20 seems a nice round number, it could be that

Hope you can get stuff up soon Klassen for 6 million is a great deal for you and selling yoshida for 4.5 mil is good business as well

Thanks, I am very happy with Klassen! May have overpaid for the other two players in hindsight however. :p Hopefully the restrictions are lifted soon so I can post properly!

I don't know actually, but probably not many more. 20 seems a nice round number, it could be that

Ah okay, well hopefully find out soon then!

Pre-Season continued

Friendly
St Mary's Stadium, Southampton

Southampton 1

Jay Rodriguez (11)

Club Brugge 2

Victor Vasquez (57)
Timmy Simons (77)

View attachment 174007

Well despite my player ratings not being too bad, Club Brugge were all over us this game. Played Rodriguez on the left wing and he continued his scoring streak.

-----------------

Friendly

Southampton 1

Dusan Tadic (78)

SC Heerenveen 1

Jerry Smit (15)

Fairly average pre-season game, first one that Jay Rodriguez has failed to score for me in though! We can perhaps thanks Stekelenburg and the 7 saves for not losing this game.

View attachment 174006

-----------------

Friendly
Estádio do Restelo, Lisboa

Belenenses 1

Ricardo Santos (30)

Southampton 2

Graziano Pellé (47, 79)
Matthew Targett sent off (64)

View attachment 174005

Again, many thanks to Stekelenburg with another 8 saves to help us to finish pre-season on a win.

--------------------------------

Okay so a fairly average pre-season with the priority being getting my players match fit again. We have shown we can come back from behind however, doing so to recover 2 draws and a win after conceding the first goal! Still a fair bit of work to do if I'm to compete in the premier league however.

Euro Cup 3rd Qual Rnd - Leg 1

Notanya Stadium, Notonya

A big away win to start off my first competitive game, can't complain at that albeit against a very poor team. Probably allows me to have a comfortable home tie in the second leg.

---------------------

August 2015

3rd August 2015

About to start off the new season, and after surviving all the friendlies, your star striker gets a hernia. Typical. Thankfully Jay Rodriguez played very well up front for me in pre-season so I'm hoping this won't be much of a problem.

------------------

6th August 2015

Euro Cup 3rd Qual Rnd - Leg 2

Southampton 3 - 0 Irony Kiryat-Shmona

A convincing 9-0 aggregate win over a poor opponent to make it to the next stage. Not much else to add really.

------------------

8th August 2015

NOOO! 4-5 months?! Disappointed that i'll be without Ward-Prowse until Christmas...

------------------

9th August 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 1

Southampton 2 - 1 Tottenham

A great start to the league campaign with a win over a big team. Poor old Stekelenburg won't be happy with the guy who gave him a rating of 6.8 after pulling off an impressive 15 saves in one game though. Jay Rodriguez makes it 4 in 3 after scoring in all 3 of my competitive matches so far.

-------------------------

15th August 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 2
The Boleyn Ground, London

West Ham 1 - 1 Southampton

Not the best perfomance, and Rodriguez has lost his scoring streak. :( Hopefully an easy game against Partizan in Europe next to improve though.

--------------------

20th August 2015

Euro Cup Playoff - Leg 1
Stadion FK Partizan, Belgrade

Partizan 1 - 3 Southampton

A very nice away win against a better opponent than the last round. A hat-trick for Jay though, that's 7 in 5!

------------------

23rd August 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 3

Southampton 2-0 Watford

-------------------

27th August 2015

Euro Cup Playoff - Leg 2

Southampton 2-0 Partizan

A 5-1 win on aggregate to qualify for the next round of Europe isn't too shabby. 9 goals in 7 for Rodriguez, not sure if Pellé is going to get his spot back up front!

--------------------

30th August 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 4
Britannia Stadium, Stoke-on-trent

Stoke 0-0 Southampton

A bore draw to end the month, but not something to be ashamed off away to Stoke!

--------------------

I'm fairly pleased with August, we had a lot of games but managed to go without losing any. A well deserved couple weeks off before any more games now. Sitting in a pretty cooshty place in the prem, early on as well.

View attachment 173982

Very happy with Jay Rodriguez's performances as well.

View attachment 173984

New signing Davy Klaassen is perfoming well, he needs to improve in the prem however.

View attachment 173983

September 2015

10th September 2015

Not a great start to the month, haven't played any games yet due to international fixtures but get an injured Rodriguez, I chose to send him to the physio and only lose him for 3 weeks.

-------------------

12th September 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 5

Southampton vs Leicester

Pre-Match

Thanks to my scout I've identified a weakness of Leicester's recently and I'm going to be exploiting the left flank to try and take advantage. Unfortunately I have just lost Rodriguez and Pellé is only just back from injury himself, however I have still decided to start Pellé and give him 60 or so minutes.

Result

Southampton 4

Graziano Pellé (1)
Dusan Tadic (56, 75)
Steven Davis (82)

Leicester 0

Jamie Vardy (Missed Penalty, 64)

Post-Match

Well playing Tadic on the left wing exploiting that Leicester weakness may have worked, he did get two goals. Pellé took a whole minute to score on his return from injury which is good sign. **** of a goal from Steven Davis as well. A very good result here.

Player Ratings

---------------------------------------------

17th September 2015

Euro Cup - Group E - Fixture 1
St Mary' Stadium, Southampton

Southampton 2

Graziano Pellé (8)
Dusan Tadic (26)
Jordy Clasie (sent off, 45)

Krasnodar 1

Vasily Skvortsov (13)

Post-Match

First game in the group stage won even though it wasn't a great performance, excluding another man of the match performance from Dusan Tadic. Clasie is now banned for the next game.

Player Ratings

------------------------------------------

20th September 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 6
Dean Court, Bournemouth

Bournemouth 0

Southampton 1

Sadio Mané (58)

Post-Match

Not a thrilling game but we got 3 important away points, not too happy that we didn't perform better against bottom of the league Bournemouth but like I said, 3 points.

Player Ratings

23rd September 2015

Capital One Cup - Third Round

Southampton 1

Sadio Mané (84)

Tottenham 2

Clinton N'Jie (40, 57)

Post-Match

Out of the Capital one cup already. An average performance is never enough to beat Spurs, even if both their goals came from a pacy reserve strikers brace! However with being in Europe as well, I don't think I'd have the squad depth for a decent cup run as well - starting to struggle already with no real back-up for Cedric at right back.

View attachment 173398

Player Ratings

26th September 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 7

Southampton 2

Sadio Mané (14)
Virgil Van Dijk (74)

Manchester United 0

Post-Match

Wow, swapped some players around and completely wasn't expecting a result from this so pretty happy with a 2-0 win here.

Player Ratings

------------------

Monthly Summary - September 15

Not a bad month, 4 wins and a loss. Kind of disappointed to fall at the first hurdle of the Capital One Cup but hey ho. Still unbeaten in the league which is promising, it's very early though and my squads starting to suffer a bit from lack of depth, something I need to change in the January window if I can.

It's just the base FM Touch - Touchscreen skin, although I am not using a touchscreen I prefer it :p

October 2015

1st October 2015

Euro Cup Group E - Fixture 2
Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen

FC Schalke 2

Benedikt Howedes (65, 90+1)

Southampton 1

Sadio Mané (31)

Schalke feature a number of exceptionally quick players, and used them to full effect as they ran out winners this evening at the Veltins Arena.

Winger Sadio Mané gave Southampton the lead with a nice effort from 13 metres, 31 minutes in. With Schalke staring at defeat, there was then a controversy as Franco Di Santo has a penalty appeal turned down. Schalke's equalizer came through Benedikt Howedes as he seized on Victor Wanyama's mistake to score a towering header on 65 minutes.

Howedes clinched the winner much to Southamptons frustration in the 91st minute with an incisive finish from 14 metres out.

I'm disappointed in the manner in which we lost the game but to be fair, it was always going to be tough going to Schalke and they were all over us for the best part of the game.

View attachment 172996View attachment 172995

--------------------------

4th October 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 8
Goodison Park, Liverpool

Everton 0

Southampton 1

Graziano Pellé (48)

A potentially serious injury suffered by Everton's Ross Barkley overshadowed events on what was a mild autumnal afternoon at Goodison Park.

Target Man Graziano Pellé gave Southampton the lead with a well timed close range finish in the 48th minute.

Southampton have been perfoming above expectations in the English Premier Division so far this season, and currently find themselves in 2nd place.

I am happy with an away win and a clean sheet at Goodison park!

View attachment 172994 View attachment 172993

5th October 2015

Reports of a falling out between myself and Gaston Ramirez had been speculating, and was confirmed when Ramirez comes out and says he may be looking to leave on a bosman at the end of the season.

----------------------------------

11th October 2015

With Ramirez saying he will probably leave at the end of the season for free, I have decided the best option was to try and find a buyer for the January window to at least make some cash off of him. A deal to Leverkusen for £4.6m was probably the best I could do given the circumstances.

-------------------------------

17th October 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 9

Southampton 1

Jay Rodriguez (51)

Sunderland 0

Not the most difficult of matches, surprised it was only 1-0, but nonetheless a good performance. Good to see Rodriguez back on the scoresheet.

View attachment 172992 View attachment 172991

20th October 2015

Ryan Bertrand put in a good enough performance to make team of the week! It's good to have him back, although Targett was doing very well in his absence.

------------------------------

22nd October 2015

Euro Cup Group E - Fixture 3
Stade de Suisse Wankdorf, Bern

Young Boys 1

Jurg Darbellay (57)

Southampton 6

Davy Klaassen (3, 26, 60)
Jay Rodriguez (13)
Sadio Mané (74)
Jose Fonte (90+1)

Southampton turned their possession into goals with a 6-1 win over BSC Young Boys. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a hat-trick from Southamptons' Davy Klaassen.

I know it's an easy opponent but very happy with the perfomance here and a hat-trick for Klaassen to top it off.

View attachment 172987 View attachment 172986

--------------------------------------

25th October 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 10
The Hawthorns, West Bromwich

West Brom 2

Darren Fletcher (44)
Saido Berahino (67)

Southampton 1

Juanmi (90)

Wow, my first league defeat and it's claimed by West Brom! I wouldn't say we deserved to lose looking at the stats, but we struggled to stop James Morrison creating chances and in the end he set up both goals. Consolation goal from Juanmi really.

View attachment 172982 View attachment 172981

31st October 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 11

Southampton 3

Jay Rodriguez (70)
Davy Klaassen (87)
Graziano Pellé (90)

Arsenal 1

Alexis Sanchez (64)

One of the leagues best defences was surprisingly undone as Arsenal lost to Southampton on a mild autumnal afternoon at the St Mary's.

Strong centre-back Laurent Koscielny showed a sign of things to come as he nearly gifted Southampton a goal on 24 minutes. Arsenal finally took the lead when winger Alexis Sanchez scored a deftly executed finish from close range 64 minutes in.

Inside forward Jay Rodriguez then equalised for Southampton just 6 minutes later with a good header from just inside the 6 yard box. With 3 minutes left on the clock Davy Klaassen sends the fans wild with a fierce shot to give Southampton the lead!

The Southampton fans may have been forgiven for thinking that would have been that, but the scoring wasn't over. Target Man Graziano Pellé finally rounded off the game with a deftly executed finish on 90 minutes.

View attachment 172985 View attachment 172983

--------------------------------------

October 2015 Summary

Goal of the month

Juanmi's consolation goal against West Brom was apparently a peach!

A mixed month for us really. A couple losses, but some important wins in there as well. And we're sat on top of the table for now at least. The end of November going into December we have a packed schedule with European games as well as City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Going to be tough to stay top.

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/l...vision_ Overview Profile_zps0usxvjyg.png.html

Last edited:
November 2015

5th November 2015

Euro Cup - Group E - Fixture 4

Southampton 5

Sadio Mane (16, 35)
Jay Rodriguez (18, 69)
Dusan Tadic (74)

Young Boys 1

Vinzenz Widmer (90+1)

Slightly annoying to lose the clean sheet in the 91st minute, but another big win over an easy opponent.

View attachment 172366

View attachment 172365

8th November 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 12
Carrow Road, Norwich

Norwich 1

Dieumerci Mbokani (78)

Southampton 1

Dusan Tadic (81)

Dusan Tadic played the part of super-sub for Southampton as The Saints came from behind to claim a draw against Norwich on a fine autumn afternoon at Carrow Road.

Complete forward Diuemerci Mbokani gave Norwich the lead with a well timed finish from close range in the 78th minute. Inside forward Dusan Tadic equalised for Southampton just 3 minutes later with a good header from 6 yards.

Southampton have now climbed above Manchester City to 1st in the Premier Division.

Being held to a draw by Norwich isn't great, but good to see an instant comeback after going behind late on and to go top of the table again is nice.

View attachment 172368

View attachment 172367

View attachment 172371

They injured Davy Klaassen as well!

21st November 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 13

Southampton 1

Jay Rodriguez (36)

Swansea 0

Swansea's match against Southampton will be one Jack Cork will want to forget as he suffered defeat at the hands of his former club.

Inside forward Jay Rodriguez gave Southampton the lead which was timed impeccably in the 36th minute.

Southampton are currently on a 3 match unbeaten run and have won of their last 5 home games in the Premier Division.

View attachment 172370

View attachment 172369

Krasnodar in the Euro cup, then Chelsea in the league are my remaining games for November. Hopefully we can get at least a point of Chelsea since we're at home!

Ouch! Unlucky with a few injuries to key players! Still top so fair play, keep it up man.

Mourinho sacked with Chelsea looming near the bottom...and people complain FM isn't realistic ;)

Ouch! Unlucky with a few injuries to key players! Still top so fair play, keep it up man.

Mourinho sacked with Chelsea looming near the bottom...and people complain FM isn't realistic ;)

Yeah, been a bit unfortunate with who i've had injured. Thanks though!

Haha yeah you have a point there ;) Unal Emery has taken over though... gotta be careful now!

November 2015

26th November 2015

Euro Cup - Group E - Fixture 5
Krasnodar, Krasnodar

FC Krasnodar 2

Stefan Bell (Own Goal, 27)
Maxim Dmitriev (85)

Southampton 3

Juanmi (4)
Sadio Mané (23)
Victor Wanyama (65)

Southampton had their midfield to thank on a wet evening in Krasnodar as they showed their strikers how to finish!

Inside forward Juanmi got Southampton off to a flyer by scoring an accurate finish just 4 minutes in to the game. Winger Sadio Mané double their lead 23 minutes in with a placed shot from close range.

Central defender Stefan Bell was left red-faced in the 27th minute as he managed to score an embarassing own goal. However Wanyama scored a well struck effort from distance in the 65th minute to spare his blushes.

Midfielder Maxim Dmitriev gave the Krasnodar fans a glimmer of hope with just 5 minutes to go, but Southampton held on tight to see out the win.

View attachment 172218

View attachment 172217

View attachment 172212

Think we made that a bit harder than we had to against Krasnodar, but top of the group and secured qualification now. As long as we don't lose we will finish top as well and hopefully give us a nice advantage in the knockout draw.

-------------------------------------

29th November 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 14

Southampton 1

Juanmi (64)

Chelsea 2

Pedro (56)
Oscar (69)

Southampton's match against Chelsea will be one Ryan Bertrand will want to forget as he suffered defeat at the hands of his former club.

Southampton were nearly handed the lead in the 47th minute after a lapse of concentration from Kurt's Zouma, but Southampton failed to capitalize on the mistake. Chelsea finally took the lead when winger Pedro scored a well timed finish from close range on 56 minutes.

Attacking midfielder Juanmi then equalised for Southampton on 64 minutes with a close ranged effort. Oscar however took a matter of 5 minutes to undo the equaliser and give Chelsea the lead once more.

I'm kind of disappointed, I thought we could take at least a point at home against Chelsea. They've been struggling this season but new manager Unal Emery seems to have revitalized them!

View attachment 172203

View attachment 172202

-------------------------------------------
View attachment 172185

League Table

View attachment 172192

Home & Away - Full table

View attachment 172195

Premier League current top scorer

View attachment 172194

Mbokani has scored 13 of Norwich's 16 league goals so far, including a goal against myself!

View attachment 172190

Tadic is now injured for 4 weeks.

--------------------------------------------------

Loan Report

View attachment 172188

Not any outstanding perfomances, but most of them are getting game time at least.

-----------------------------------------------

Contract Offer

View attachment 172187

The board have offered me a 2 year contract extension, that I very happily accepted with only 6 months left on my current contract.

December fixtures

View attachment 172184

A busy month, with a very difficult start...

Congrats on the new deal you more than deserve it you have been doing great

December 2015

5th December 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 15
Selhurst Park, London

Crystal Palace 2

Connor Wickham (55)
Yohan Cabaye (89)

Southampton 3

Jay Rodriguez (74,76)
Shane Long (90)

Goal friendly Crystal Palace suffered a 3-2 defeat against Southampton on a wet afternoon at Selhurst Park.

Crystal Palace finally took the lead when deep-lying forward Connor Wickham scored a header on 55 minutes. Inside forward Jay Rodriguez then equalised for Southampton in the 74th minute with a nice effort from 12 yards out. Then an error from Palace defender Martin Kelly allowed Rodriguez to give Southampton the lead just two minutes later.

Tireless midfielder Yohan Cabaye then equalised for Palace in the 89th minute with a deftly executed finish and the game looked set to end a draw. Shane Long had other ideas however, and after picking up the ball just past the half-way line he sprints past half the Palace team and places a shot past the keeper for a 91st minute winner! It was a superb solo effort and he looked as delighted as the Saints fans.

View attachment 172132

View attachment 172131

-----------------------------------

7th December 2015

FA Cup Draw

View attachment 172138

Draw for the third round gives us Birmingham at home, hopefully a fairly easy game.

--------------------------------------------

10th December 2015

Euro Cup - Group E - Fixture 6

Southampton 1

Jay Rodriguez (35)

Gelsenskirchen (Schalke 04) 1

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (67)

Schalke enjoyed a considerable size advantage over their opponents, weighing on average 6kg heavier per player, but were unable to secure a victory and instead shared the spoils on a soaking wet evening at the St Mary's.

Jay Rodriguez gave Southampton the lead 35 minutes in with a deftly executed finish. Schalke were nearly gifted a goal through Jose Fonte's lapse in concentration 67 minutes in but they failed to capitalize. Never mind though because in the same minute Virgil Van Dijk also makes a mistake and who else but Klaas-Jan Huntelaar was there to seize the opportunity and get the equalizer at close range.

View attachment 172130

View attachment 172129

View attachment 172137

View attachment 172136

A draw was enough to finish top of the group, and we broke our highest attendance record with a full stadium! May have to get on to the boardroom about an expansion... :p

----------------------------------------------------

13th December 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 16

Southampton 4

Sadio Mané (63, 73, 87)
José Fonte (68)

Man City 1

David Silva (53)

Goal-friendly Man-City suffered a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Southampton on a suprisingly mild afternoon at St Mary's Stadium.

Man City actually took the lead 53 minutes in when flamboyant midfielder David Silva scored a well struck effort. Winger Sadio Mané equalised 10 minuts later however with a well timed finish. 68 minutes in and a Yaya Toure error allows José Fonte to score a point blank header.

Mané got his second 73 minutes in with a powerful effort. He then finished the rout and his hat-trick with an impeccably timed finish from close range.

I was very surprised to get a win, let alone one of such magnitude! I went in with every intention of getting a draw considering that City have been up at the top or thereabouts all season. Sadio Mané just destroyed their defence and I am very happy with that result. Stekelenburg, Bertrand and Van Dijk all got in team of the week, so I guess my defence did pretty well as well.

View attachment 172128

View attachment 172127

------------------------------------------------------

19th December 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 17
Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 3

Mamadou Sakho (43)
Jordan Ibe (45+1)
Roberto Firmino (59)

Southampton 3

Graziano Pellé (21)
Jay Rodriguez (64)
Sadio Mané (79)

Nathaniel Clyne was the focus for the media as his former club drew with Liverpool.

Southampton were nearly handed the lead in the 14th minute through Emre Can's lapse of concentration but failed to capitalise. Graziano Pellé gave Southampton the lead 21 minutes in with a well timed finish from close range.

Commanding centre back Mamadou Sakho then equalised with 43 minutes on the clock, with wonderkid Jordon Ibe then giving Liverpool the lead in stoppage time of the first half. Roberto Firmino extended the lead further with 59 minutes gone.

Southampton weren't done though, as Jay Rodriguez pulled one back on 64 minutes with a strong header. The equaliser came in the form of in form Sadio Mané as he punishes an Emre Can mistake this time.

A draw away to Liverpool isn't a bad result to be fair. Bit disappointed in conceding 3 goals given that we've had one of the best defences in the league so far this season. Especially at 43 minutes and 45+1, frustating time to throw a lead away and let them have it. Very happy in general though, and got some easier opponents coming up!

View attachment 172126

View attachment 172125

--------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
December 2015

19th December 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 18

Southampton 2

Sadio Mané (57)
Graziano Pellé (87)

Aston Villa 1

Jordan Ayew (90+4)

One of the competitions worst defences continued to struggle as Aston Villa lost to Southampton on a wet afternoon at the St Mary's.

Southampton took the lead 57 minutes in when winger Sadio Mané scored a nice effort from 14 yards out. Shane Long had the chance to double the Saints lead 85 minutes in but Brad Guzan denied him from the penalty spot. An error from Carlos Sanchez two minutes later allowed Pellé to swoop in and score however.

Target Man Jordan Ayew's 94th minute strike proved to be the only consolation for Aston Villa.

View attachment 171992

View attachment 171988

----------------------------------------------

New Contract

View attachment 172000

--------------------------------------------------

26th December 2015

Premier Division - Fixture 19

Southampton 2

Victor Wanyama (13)
Jay Rodriguez (43)

Newcastle 0

Southampton had their midfield to thank on a surprisingly mild boxing day afternoon as they showed their strikers how to finish.

Victor Wanyama was keen to repay his new contract deal with a goal and gave Southampton the lead with an accurate finish from 24 yards in the 13th minute. Jay Rodriguez completed the scoring for Southampton with a close range finish just 2 minutes before half time.

View attachment 171990

View attachment 171989

28th December 2015

English Premier Division - Fixture 20
Villa Park, Birmingham

Aston Villa 1

Gabby Agbonlahor (71)

Southampton 3

Dusan Tadic (63)
Shane Long (78, 88)

One of the competitions worst defences so far this season continued to struggle against an in form Southampton side.

Tadic converted from the spot after Clark gave away a penalty for handball 63 minutes in. Explosive striker Gabby Agbonlahor then equalised for Villa in the 71st minute with a fine header from point-blank range. An error from Villa's Tiago llori allowed target man Shane Long to score a well timed finish from close range. Another error 10 minutes later, this time from Idrissa Gueye gave Long the chance to get his second with a close range header.

View attachment 171993

View attachment 171991

----------------------------------------------------------

New Contract

View attachment 171999

Sims looks promising for the future, and I'd be silly to not offer him a new contract.

-----------------------------------------------------------

December Results

View attachment 171996

Competition progress

View attachment 171998

Full League Table

View attachment 171997

Premier Division Player Stats

View attachment 171995

January Fixtures

View attachment 171994

So not the worst month, unbeaten in fact so that's a good sign. Not too busy in January, and just the Tottenham game that I think is going to give us any problems. Transfer window opens as well, so I may look to strengthen a couple areas. I think i'll try find a Right back on loan til the end of the season - just to cover for Cedric as he is literally my only right-back atm.

It's very close at the top of the league, and Tottenham are in some killer form so they will be very tough to beat on New Years Day. This month saw me hand Wanyama and Josh Sims new contracts which is promising. I am a bit concerned with the 30m release clause Wanyama's agent forced me to put into his contract however.