January 2016

1st January 2016

Change of season expectations

View attachment 171811

May be getting too big for my boots, but I feel like we could reasonably achieve a champions league spot and the extra budget will be helpful.

View attachment 171810

I have sent Caulker back from our loan because, for a start I don't need him and also it will free up one of my 2 domestic loan spots as I need cover for right back.

View attachment 171809

The pre-determined sale of Ramirez has gone through now.

------------------------------------------------

Premier Division - Fixture 21
White Hart Lane, London

Tottenham 2

Christian Eriksen (21)
Toby Alderweireld (88)

Southampton 0

Tottenham continued their prolific campaign with a 2-0 win over Southampton at White Hart Lane.

Attacking midfielder Christian Eriksen gave them the lead with a deftly executed finish in the 21st minute. Toby Alderweireld then rounded off their victory in the 88th with a header.

I knew this was going to be a tough game, and this is really a big 6 pointer for Tottenham.

View attachment 171799

View attachment 171798

----------------------------------------------------

9th January 2016

FA Cup - 3rd Round
St Mary's Stadium, Southampton

Southampton 0

Birmingham 0

A bore draw means we will have to take it to Birmingham in a week or two.

View attachment 171797

View attachment 171796

--------------------------------------------------------

Raul Rudénez

View attachment 171808

Thought I'd secured a great deal for Raul Jimenez, only for him to snub me because Benfica are in the Champions league and I'm only currently in the Premier League! You suck , Jimenez.

View attachment 171807

I have however swooped in for a bargain and agreed to sign Rulli on a free transfer in July, since I would only have had one goalkeeper then.

View attachment 171806

Sagna on a loan deal as back-up for Cedric isn't a bad shout.

View attachment 171805

Looking for the future here, with what I feel is a great deal given his potential.

View attachment 171804

I have signed Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina for £8.5m which would be a bargain, if I hadn't agreed to fork out another £12m after 30 league goals... however If he takes too long to get there I will certainly cash in before that happens!

--------------------------------------------------

16th January 2016

English Premier Division - Fixture 22

Southampton 0

Victor Wanyama (Sent off, 76)

West Ham 1

Manuel Lanzini (45)

West Ham's win over Southampton was a momentous occasion for Ronald Koeman as he celebrated a victory against his former employers.

Manuel Lanzini gave West Ham the lead with a close range finish on the stroke of half time. Things went from bad to worse for Southampton when Wanyama earned himself an early bath for persistent fouling in the 76th minute.

Well, I am disappointed with that result and Wanyama's discipline isn't improving much but he usually gets the job done well. Koeman's brother is still my assistant, so I'm convinced he leaked some information on how to beat us or something to Ronald...

View attachment 171795

View attachment 171794

-----------------------------------------

19th January 2016

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
St Andrews, Birmingham

Birmingham 1

Demarai Gray (16)

Southampton 1

Graziano Pellé (24)

(Southampton win 3-0 on penalties)

Southampton produced a solid perfomance tonight at St Andrews but were pushed all the way by a gutsy Birmingham side

Demarai Gray gave Birmingham City the lead on 16 minutes with a tidy finish from 12 yards out.

Southampton's equalier came 24 minutes in as Pellé seizes on Michael Morrison's mistake to score a close ranged effort. In the shootout that followed it turned out to be heartache for Birmingham, as they miss all of their 3 penalties with Southampton scoring all 3 of theirs.

Well, winning on penalties isn't ideal but we've hit a rocky patch so a win is still a win. Hopefully we can pull ourselves together soon.

View attachment 171793

View attachment 171792

----------------------------------------------

23rd January 2016

Premier Division - Fixture 23
Vicarage Road, Watford

Watford 3

Troy Deeney (11)
Miguel Britos (27)
Ikechi Anya (77)

Southampton 4

Graziano Pellé (9)
Davy Klaassen (21)
Dusan Tadic (pen 30)
Steven Davis (81)

Well, that is certainly one way to win a game. Glad to get a proper win again, but not sure about conceding 3 goals. Unconvincing perfomances from Sagna and Clasie.

View attachment 171791

View attachment 171790
--------------------------------------------

30th January 2016

FA Cup - 4th Round

Southampton 4

Khouma Babacar (5, 84, 90+1)
Davy Klaassen (34)

Brentford 1

Akaki Gogia (41)

That's more like it, and a hat-trick from new signing Babacar to round off the month!

View attachment 171789

View attachment 171788

-----------------------------------------------

Transfer Round-Up

View attachment 171803

--------------------------------------------------

January Results

View attachment 171802

League Table

View attachment 171801

Next months fixtures

View attachment 171800

I'm not even going to say that we have some easy games in there after the last month... hopefully we will have a better month of it then January. I feel like maybe I've upset the rhythm with a couple transfers but we shall see.

Sorry about the large update, I got a bit carried away with myself :p

Nice signing in Babacar he should have you paying the extra 12 million in no time. Hopefully you have a first good leg away to Fiorentina

February 2016

1st February 2016

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

View attachment 171257

------------------------------------------------------------

2nd February 2016

English Premier Division - Fixture 24

Southampton 4

James Ward-Prowse (46)
Jay Rodriguez (50, 72)
Juanmi (74)

Stoke 3

Bojan (16)
Steve Sidwell (38)
Mame Diouf (42)

Another 4-3?! I don't know what's happened to my defence lately... a win nonetheless and an amazing comeback being 3-0 at half time and coming back with 4 in the second half was pretty impressive and my team showed great character, as Brendan Rogers would say... talking of whom, he is favourite to take over at a certain club as rumours of their managers sacking spread...

View attachment 171251

View attachment 171250

---------------------------------------------------

3rd February 2016

Crystal Palace Sack Pardew

View attachment 171256

------------------------------------------------------

7th February 2016

Premier Division - Fixture 25
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester 1

Jamie Vardy (9)
Jamie Vardy (Injured 45+1)

Southampton 1

Jay Rodriguez (56)

A potentially serious injury overshadowed events at what was a soaking wet afternoon at the King Power Stadium.

Explosive striker Jamie Vardy got Leicester off to a flyer with a close-ranged header after 9 minutes.
Complete forward Jay Rodriguez equalised in the second half for Southampton with a tidy finish from 14 yards out.

View attachment 171253

View attachment 171252

-------------------------------------------------

14th February 2016

English Premier Division - Fixture 26

Southampton 3

Khouma Babacar (4)
Jay Rodriguez (24)
Victor Wanyama (58)

Bournemouth 1

Libor Kozak (73)

Southampton ensured an early start to their managers birthday celebrations as they beat Bournemouth 3-1 at the St Mary's.

Khouma Babacar got Southampton off to a strong start with a header just 4 minutes into the game.

An error from Bournemouth's Sylvain Distin allowed Jay Rodriguez to pounce with an impeccably timed finish on 24 minutes. Wanyama scored from 20 yards out in the 58th minute to extend Southamptons lead.

Target man Libor Kozam pulled one back for Bournemouth after 73 minutes with a deflected shot, but it ended up being a mere consolation goal.

A fairly good start to the month so far, need to try and stop the conceding though...

View attachment 171255

View attachment 171254

--------------------------------------------------------

February 2016

18th February 2016

Euro Cup - 1st Knockout Round
Artemio Franchi, Florence

Fiorentina 2

Federico Bernadeschi (55)
José Fonte (own goal, 90+3)

Southampton 2

José Fonte (42)
Khouma Babacar (90+1)

Khouma Babacar was the focus for the media as current club Southampton drew with his former club Fiorentina not long after his transfer.

Southampton captain José Fonte gave Southampton the lead in the 42nd minute. However Federico Bernadeschi got an equaliser with a fine header in the 55th minute.

It looked to be that Khouma Babacar had secured a last minute winner against his former team, but José Fonte hadn't read the movie script as he suffered the agony of an embarrassing own goal in the last minute of stoppage time to deny his team the win.

Very frustrating, we had the win in our hands until the last minute! Two away goals can't be that bad however, and may give us an advantage going into the home leg. Mario Suarez had a very good game for Fiorentina, may have to find a way to limit his influence in the next meeting. Losing Sadio Mané was a huge blow.

View attachment 170879

View attachment 170880

Injury News

View attachment 170878

Losing Sadio Mané for 3 months means we'll have to battle through the remainder of the season without arguably our best player. **** shin splints, it's a huge blow and AMR isn't my strongest position with Mané out of the equation. I'm thinking I will have to play Ward-Prowse or Rodriguez in his place now.

Sunday 21st February 2016

FA Cup - 5th Round
Loftus Road, London

QPR 0

Southampton 0

Dusan Tadic (Missed penalty, 21)
Victor Wanyama (Sent off, 78)

Southampton were nearly handed a 2 minute lead after a lapse in concentration from Gabriele Angella but they failed to capitalize. Dusan Tadic had a chance to score from the spot just 21 minutes in, but was denied by the glove of Robert Green.

Then followed controversy as QPR were denied claims for a penalty after Charlie Austin went down in the box. Victor Wanyama's red card for a vicious foul in the 78th minute but Southamptons position in question.

Well arguably not the best game, and could do without these extra games i'm getting in the form of cup replays. More frustration as Tadic misses a penalty and wanyama gets a straight red. Robert Green had a large part to play with 7 saves denying me a goal. At least we finally managed to keep a clean sheet ourselves.

View attachment 170867

View attachment 170866

I'm the boss!

View attachment 170877

I fined Wanyama for his vicious foul in the QPR game and he rightly accepts it. Discipline has been a problem for him all season and i've given him a couple warnings in the past.

22nd February 2016

FA Cup sixth round - draw

View attachment 170874

A tricky draw sees us away to Everton in the next round if we can see off QPR.

25th February 2016

Euro Cup - 1st Knockout Round - Leg 2

Southampton 1

Juanmi (55)

Fiorentina 1

Jakub Blaszczykowski (39)

Well, we are through on away goals which isn't the most glamorous way to advance but we still got there.

View attachment 170865

View attachment 170864

Euro Cup Second Knockout Round Draw

View attachment 170876

We have drawn Marseille in the next round, which will be two very difficult games. They are in killer form at the moment.

---------------------------------------------

28th February 2016

You're banned!

View attachment 170875

They've handed Wanyama a further ban! I've tried to appeal it but I have a feeling I will be unsuccesful in that endeavour.

Results

View attachment 170871

League Table

View attachment 170873

Tottenham and City have been in very good form, and capitalized on my dropped points for Spurs to go 5 points clear. In the other half of the table there is currently only 3 points seperating 14th and 19th! The relegation dog-fight may well be an interesting one!

Full Table

View attachment 170872

Tottenham, United and Arsenal still unbeaten at home.

Premiership Player Stats

View attachment 170870

View attachment 170869

Chelsea have done the "Double" even if it is what I call the poor-mans double. I mean the Community shield and Capital one cup are technically trophies still I guess...

View attachment 170868

I'm going to have to hit some great form to keep 2nd place, City, Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea are all sniffind around and I have an away day at Arsenal to deal with at the end of next month as well.

March 2016

First of all my game crash dumped, and while I didn't lose any progress Arsenal won the Capital One cup instead of Chelsea...

1st March 2016

Injury News

View attachment 170290

Player of the month - February 2016

View attachment 170289

--------------------------------------

2nd March 2016

FA Cup - 5th Round Replay

Southampton 1

Juanmi (7)
Jordy Clasie (Sent off, 39)

QPR 1

Charlie Austin (63)

Southampton win 3-2 on penalties

QPR featured a number of exceptionally quick players but were unable to use them to full effect on a fine spring evening at the St Mary's.

Juanmi got Southampton off to a flyer just 7 minutes in with a deftly executed finish. Jordy Clasie's red card for persistent fouling 39 minutes in put Southampton's position in question.

Charlie Austin bagged the equaliser for QPR 63 minutes in. In the shootout that followed it turned out to be heartache for QPR as James Perch missed the final penalty.

Not ideal, would like to be winning this first time round, not drawing twice and only just coming through on penalties. At least we've reached the boards expectations in the FA Cup now.

View attachment 170277

View attachment 170276
--------------------------------------

5th March 2016

English Premier Division - Fixture 27
Stadium of Light, Sunderland

Sunderland 1

Jermain Defoe (77)

Southampton 2

Davy Klaassen (50)
Jorge Meré (84)

Southampton recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Sunderland on a wet afternoon at the Stadium of Light.

An error from Sunderland's Tommy Smith allowed Davy Klaassen to score from a powerful effort. Sebastian Larsson then nearly gifted Southampton another goal on 64 minutes. Sunderland's equaliser then came through Jermain Defoe as he seized on an error from James Ward-Prowse. Southampton's winner came through substitute Jorge Meré with 6 minutes left to play. Meré's impact delighted the fans with the late goal.

---------------------------------------------------

10th March 2016

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Round - Leg 1
Stade Velodrome, Marseille

Marseille 1

Lucas Ocampos (3)

Southampton 1

Juanmi (32)

A share of the spoils and an away goal, not all bad news.

-----------------------------------------------

Injury News

View attachment 170278

Oh dear, good job I just got Fraser Forster back after his 9 or so months out. Stekelenburg out for 2 months after a hard challenge in training...

March 2016

Just going to have a quick couple of updates as I have played a little bit ahead and all my screenshots are a bit of a mess while I catch up :p

View attachment 165888

Never great to go out of the cup, but the 6th round was our target so it's not too big a loss.

------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 165886

A 0-0 draw is enough to put us through on away goals, which seems to be our saving grace in this years European campaign!

----------------------------------------

View attachment 165885

We had quick comebacks twice, but couldn't find an answer for Arsenal's third goal.

View attachment 165882

View attachment 165881

Last edited:
April 2016

View attachment 165736

View attachment 165735

---------------------------------

The Euro Cup draw sees us play Liverpool in the Quarter Final!
View attachment 165732

View attachment 165730

That's a great result, and a great performance against a team featuring 3 previous Southampton players. We outclassed them up front.

-------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 165729

Well that wasn't the best result but at least it's not a loss...

View attachment 165728

View attachment 165726

We'd have to win all 3 of our games in hand to catch Tottenham, hopefully we can put some points between ourselves and teams below us however. Looking quite tight for the top 4 and relegation zones.

Last edited:
April 2016

Thursday 14th April 2016

View attachment 165717

An exciting game, which we were lucky to draw - but we are through to the Semi-finals , and not on away goals this time! We have been drawn against Olympique Lyon.

View attachment 165715

Saturday 16th April 2016

View attachment 165718

Tottenham and City both win, but Man Utd slip up away to West Ham. Important away win for Bournemouth and a 10 minute hat-trick from Wilson! Newcastle lose to 10 men after an unlucky own goal to lower their chances of survival.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 17th April 2016

View attachment 165714

Wow, 2-2, 3-3, then 4-4! Definitely went a bit gung-ho here in a desperate attempt to get the win! I will take a draw away to Chelsea though. In the other game Liverpool beat Arsenal 3-2

View attachment 165712

View attachment 165711

April 2016

20th April 2016

View attachment 165549

23rd April 2016

View attachment 165548

View attachment 165547

View attachment 165546

A good win for us doesn't help Crystal Palace in their survival bid, and Arsenal have made it very difficult for Newcastle to escape the drop as well. Chelsea lost to Leicester which is a bonus. Bournemouth get yet another win to push themselves out of the relegation zone.

24th April 2016

View attachment 165544

View attachment 165543

Villa continue to push themselves further into safety, while Tottenham all but secure Sunderland's demise into the Championship.

View attachment 165542

27th April 2016

View attachment 165507

A Liverpool win, and Swansea holding City to a draw sees Liverpool sneak up on City in the league.

28th April 2016

View attachment 165506

Very happy to get the away win! They looked the better team but we did the important part of scoring the goals! We just have to avoid a home defeat to secure our place in the final.

View attachment 165505

View attachment 165504

1st May 2016

View attachment 165502

Perhaps a bit fortunate to get an own goal to win it, but we played good counter-attacking football and very important 3 points, and just as importantly, 3 points less for City.

View attachment 165500

View attachment 165503

Sunderland's fate is sealed, and if I'm honest - the title is basically in Tottenham's hands already! Still quite close for the other two relegation positions and 2nd-6th could all change completely. And we have secured our place in the Champions League next season!

---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
You could still make a little push on Tottenham with your games in hand! Also good 0-2 win away at Lyon! Keep it up!

You could still make a little push on Tottenham with your games in hand! Also good 0-2 win away at Lyon! Keep it up!

Thank-you. :) Yeah I hope so, my next game is Away to Utd - Just 2 days after playing City! Then Liverpool and Everton at home so it won't be easy, but fingers crossed! :)

Thank-you. :) Yeah I hope so, my next game is Away to Utd - Just 2 days after playing City! Then Liverpool and Everton at home so it won't be easy, but fingers crossed! :)

Jesus Christ! That's not an easy ending to the season at all, but good luck!

May 2016

3rd May 2016

View attachment 165393

Well since our players only left the pitch on the other side of Manchester 52 hours ago, and being far from a full strength starting line up, it is no real surprise to lose 2-0 against an already tough to beat United side. Hopefully not too much damage is done from this result.

View attachment 165392

5th May 2016

View attachment 165391

Well only 2 days between matches again, making it 3 games in 5 days! That didn't phase Sadio Mané though, and only playing him for 20 minutes in the previous game seemed to have paid off with a lovely brace from the winger. And - we are through to the Euro Cup Final!!

View attachment 165390

------------------------------------------

View attachment 165389

7th May 2016

View attachment 165388

City drop points to Palace, and Tottenham slip up against rivals Arsenal!

----------------------------------------------

8th May 2016

View attachment 165387

A brace from who else, but Martin Skrtel?! In all fairness, we didn't pack our shooting boots today.

View attachment 165384

-------------------------------------

View attachment 165383

Despite Spurs slip up this weekend, our own slip-up has given them the title. Now the fight is on to keep 2nd spot.

View attachment 165382

After Aston Villa's recent win, Crystal Palace join Newcastle and Sunderland in the teams relegated to the Championship next season. A win in the next game for us would secure 2nd spot but it's still very close from 2nd - 5th!

Congrats for making the Europa League final! Fenerbahche are defo beatable :)