Southampton LFC Marshall Update - Players needed

louiscfc

Reaction score
On the latest update so Shaw, Lambert, Lallana have gone and I have 50m to spend.
Postions needed
GK - Boruc isn't good enough so a young, fairly cheap GK. I'm thinking Timo Horn for 3.8m?
CB - Someone who can play alongside Lovren. I dont really want to use Doria or Balanta as I use them in every save so any other suggestions? Again, young and fairly cheap as I want to spend big going forward.
LB (1st team and back-up) - With Shaw gone need 2 LBs.
Back-up CM - Wanyama and Schneiderlin will probably start so need a good young back-up CM. Was thinking Lucas Romero but again, I use him in nearly every save. Any others similar?
RW - I have no decent right winger. Tadic isn't good enough.
Back-up LW - Someone who can challenge Jay Rodriquez to the starting 11.
ST - Have the new signing Pelle who looks pretty good but only have Sharp and Osvaldo. Activated Volland's buyout clause.

Note: I want to make this side a young team with a bit of style about them. So players bought in need to be young and the attackers need to be quick and skillful. I don't really want to buy older players that are slow and direct.

EDIT: I've had bids accepted for:
Timo Horn (3.8m) for GK
Eric Dier (1m) for back-up CB
Daley Blind (12m) for LB
Nicola Murru (3m) for LB
Johnathan Silva (3.6m) for LB
Andrija Zivkovic (1.4m) for RW
Gabriel Barbosa (4.5m) for ST
Augustin Allione (5m) for CAM/ST
Patrick Bamford (Loan) for ST

Other bids include:
De Vrij
Lucas Silva
Paca Alcacer
Murillo
Onazi
Schar
Xhaka

Last edited:
For a first season, Boruc is fairly good. I'm in a Souhtampton save and first season he was very good.

Dier, Blind & Murru are good for your back 4. In my save Yoshida was unbelievable last season, i can give you sreen tonight if you want to. So may be keep him with Lovren.

Back-up CM, you have Cork who is very good, and also Ward-Prose who is a young telent so i do not think that you need another player for the moment.

RW you can take a player like Rdrigo Gomez or Labyad from Sporting i think or Gnabry.

Back-up LW OCAMPOS he will challenge Jay for sure.

To finish, up-front you can take Vietto or Duvan Zapata

Good luck mate

Thanks for the advice.

I'll keep Boruc but i'll bring in a rotation/back-up option in Horn or free agent Ochoa, the Mexican World cup hero.
I may not get Blind as several others have also had bids accepted and Murru looks like he needs a lot of time to develop so who else would you suggest for a CB and LB?
Haha, i completely forgot about Ward-Prowse, for some reason I thought he'd been sold like everyone else so you're right I don't need another CM lol.

For some reason Ricardo Gomez has turned out sh*t on my save with terrible mentals and Labyad is on loan at Vitesse so what other RW would you suggest?

And finally does De Vrij turn out any good? He was a monster in the WC!

RW= Agustin Allione. Last season 34 app 17 goal 20 asst.

Last edited:
Ok so for GK I'm gonna get Ochoa on a free.
For CB I will get Schar from Basel for 8m.
For RW I will get Allione for 5m.
For ST, hopefully I will get Volland for 12.75m

That leaves a LB. Blind/Balanta (i just can't help it!)/Silva or Murru. Advice on who needed.
And a LW. Ocampos doesn't want to join. Suggestions? Looking at Depay and Zivkovic. Is Andre Ayew any good LW?

Also I will probably sell Johnny Depp as I don't like his play style so another ST will be needed.

Don't know about De Vrij, will look tonight how he performs in my save.
But for CB try to take Rugani he can grow up in Southampton as you have Jose Fonte & Yoshida or just keep Debayo, a young fairly decent backup and expectations for future.

LB you can take Willems who do not cost a lot and he is fairly interessant. If you can have Kurzawa from Monaco he is unreal, don't know his price first season unfortunatly.

RW you can may be look forward to Sadio Mané who is a very good player for his price.

Why not Brian Oviedo for LB? I've had bids accepted for around 9 Million $ for him. I invariably am never able to get Volland in my save as Madrid/Dortmund invariably seem to want him.

Drogba is available on a free I think, if you need a TM. Too similar to Pelle though. You can try Benfica's Lima, will do a decent job in the first season.

Some very good signing their, you should turn this into a story

Some very good signing their, you should turn this into a story

I've always wanted to do a story, but to be completely honest I just can't be bothered to do all the writing and stuff. Others who do stories put so much time and effort into it and I don't think I could do the same. Thanks anyway though man.

Just started with Southampton on the new update... LB is Def the main spot you need to get sorted.. Ive put offers in for blind & rojo. Signed balanta for cb with lovren. got ochoa for my Gk.. Free transfer what you cant let go a miss. Deff need a few more players as they have lost a few.Luis Muriel is my no1 taget for upfront.. Will give him and pelle a fight against each other.

Just started with Southampton on the new update... LB is Def the main spot you need to get sorted.. Ive put offers in for blind & rojo. Signed balanta for cb with lovren. got ochoa for my Gk.. Free transfer what you cant let go a miss. Deff need a few more players as they have lost a few.Luis Muriel is my no1 taget for upfront.. Will give him and pelle a fight against each other.
Sign Zapata from Napoli an absolute beast and very cheap!

De Vrij usually turns out to be complete **** every time I use him. I've had him for PSG, Metalist, and Werder Bremen and he usually finishes each match with a 6.4 or lower.

But he's cheap, so maybe he'll work for you

These are my transfers in the latest update for the first season.

View attachment 351845

Now, Pugliese, Horn, Grimaldo and Erkin didn't want to negotiate with me, so I just let my GM do the talking, went in later and improved the offer slightly, and presto - it's kickass. Osvaldo has been a literal beast for me. Lampard has been excellent (wants very high wages for Soton, but reduce his wages, increase his agent fee - which is initially very low, and he joins rather easily)

Ofc, since I made so many transfers, I kept 12 friendlies, with Team Cohesion as general training, and Tactics as Match training. Unbeaten run from 8 games, and still going strong xD

Last edited:
Just wondering, how the F did you manage to sign Volland? Always goes to Real Madrid for me :(

Anyways, I started a Southampton save on the Marshall update.
I played a 4-1-2-1-2 with 2 CWBs, 2 cbs, a DM, 2cms, 1amc, and 2 strikers, here are my signings:

GK- John Ruddy
LB- Ben Davies, Luca Antonelli on loan
CB- Davide Astori, Stefan Strandberg
DM- Diame
CM- Andre Ayew, Lucas Romero
Wingers- Bought Kacaniklic and Briand for my backup tactic that used wingers.
ST- Peralta and Eto'o (don't sign Eto'o though he's been awful).

Currently 3rd after 21 games.
Andre Ayew has carried me so many games, I use him as a CM-Attack

Last edited:
These are my transfers in the latest update for the first season.

View attachment 653782

Now, Pugliese, Horn, Grimaldo and Erkin didn't want to negotiate with me, so I just let my GM do the talking, went in later and improved the offer slightly, and presto - it's kickass. Osvaldo has been a literal beast for me. Lampard has been excellent (wants very high wages for Soton, but reduce his wages, increase his agent fee - which is initially very low, and he joins rather easily)

Ofc, since I made so many transfers, I kept 12 friendlies, with Team Cohesion as general training, and Tactics as Match training. Unbeaten run from 8 games, and still going strong xD
Can you give more info on how you signed players like Grimaldo, when they never want to join your club

Can you give more info on how you signed players like Grimaldo, when they never want to join your club

Read properly, I did mention.. I said I let my GM do the talking - General Manager. I gave the responsibility of making the initial contract offer, and players invariably discuss. Then I just went to Change Contract Offer, improved it and got the player..

Just wondering, how the F did you manage to sign Volland? Always goes to Real Madrid for me :(

Anyways, I started a Southampton save on the Marshall update.
I played a 4-1-2-1-2 with 2 CWBs, 2 cbs, a DM, 2cms, 1amc, and 2 strikers, here are my signings:

GK- John Ruddy
LB- Ben Davies, Luca Antonelli on loan
CB- Davide Astori, Stefan Strandberg
DM- Diame
CM- Andre Ayew, Lucas Romero
Wingers- Bought Kacaniklic and Briand for my backup tactic that used wingers.
ST- Peralta and Eto'o (don't sign Eto'o though he's been awful).

Currently 3rd after 21 games.
Andre Ayew has carried me so many games, I use him as a CM-Attack

Immediately activated Volland's buyout as soon as I started and luckily managed to sign him before other teams were interested. Was surprised.