Southampton LFC Marshall Update - Players needed

View attachment 650711View attachment 650712

Let me know what you think. Did I overpay for Depay? His attributes are amazing on the update though.

How did you manage to buy Depay and Schar ? Because my bids (as Southampton) get accepted, but the players themselves don't want to enter into contract negotiations. Its also really strange that in my save it shows that Blind and Volland aren't interested in possible transfer, but they still enter to contract negotiations.

How did you manage to buy Depay and Schar ? Because my bids (as Southampton) get accepted, but the players themselves don't want to enter into contract negotiations. Its also really strange that in my save it shows that Blind and Volland aren't interested in possible transfer, but they still enter to contract negotiations.

I often take interest off. As long as you can offer some sort of contract you can get them in. Also if you sign some big names your rep goes up so then players who may not have been interested in the past suddenly are.

Volland 'was not particularly interested in joining' but I gave him what he wanted but managed to keep bonuses to a minimum. Schar was interested and that is understandable as he's playing in a lower rep league. And Depay 'might've been interested' and again, gave him what he wanted as he is a quality player. Luckily for me no big teams were interested in these 3 at the time. But Blind got nabbed up by Monaco.

Immediately activated Volland's buyout as soon as I started and luckily managed to sign him before other teams were interested. Was surprised.

Wasan't there even the minor interest from Real ? I've tried starting new saves multiple times, but he always goes to them.

Wasan't there even the minor interest from Real ? I've tried starting new saves multiple times, but he always goes to them.

I've played several saves on FM14 now and he never seems to join Real. He ALWAYS joins Bayern after about 2 seasons. Strange.

I've played several saves on FM14 now and he never seems to join Real. He ALWAYS joins Bayern after about 2 seasons. Strange.
Maybe if you don't offer a transfer bid, Real dose't either ? Who knows... On what update were you on that Southampton save ?

Started a save earlier today. Said Id achieve europa league qualification so got 63m transfer.

Then sold Gazzaniga/Fonte/Hoojveld/Mayuka/Yoshida.

Brought in:

Timo Horn 3.8m
Angelo Henriquez 50% wages otherwise free loan
Sadio Mane 3.4m (instalments 3.4m is the amount that went from tranny budget)
A new set of cbs in: Denswil/Doria/Balanta/Sviatchenko/Schar
Batigol (paid now comes next season)
J Silva lb 1.8m
Murru 1.6m and Vrsaljko 2m rb (Vrsaljko plays on left side as well)
Abel Hernandez 2.5m cf

Also pending bids for:

Andrija Zivkovic/Allione/Stanciu

Signings I made:

Will Hughes, 9.25m.
Kyle Naughton, 2.5m. Can play both rb and lb.
Angel Correa, 2.5m.
Balanta, 5.25m.
Rescaldani, 3.3m.
Maicon, 12.5m. Very good CB from Porto, has 3 goals from free kicks only after 5 games.
Zieler, 5.5m. Cheap keeper very good attributes.
Vadillo, 2.2m.
Lucas Romero, 4.8m.
Jonathan Silva, 3.9m. Will replace Bertrand once loan is over.
Standberg, 350k. Cheap back up CB who plays better than attributes.

These players should allow for the foundation of the team for years to come.

Started a save earlier today. Said Id achieve europa league qualification so got 63m transfer.

Then sold Gazzaniga/Fonte/Hoojveld/Mayuka/Yoshida.

Brought in:

Timo Horn 3.8m
Angelo Henriquez 50% wages otherwise free loan
Sadio Mane 3.4m (instalments 3.4m is the amount that went from tranny budget)
A new set of cbs in: Denswil/Doria/Balanta/Sviatchenko/Schar
Batigol (paid now comes next season)
J Silva lb 1.8m
Murru 1.6m and Vrsaljko 2m rb (Vrsaljko plays on left side as well)
Abel Hernandez 2.5m cf

Also pending bids for:

Andrija Zivkovic/Allione/Stanciu

In the end I also got Volland instead of Abel Hernandez so my squad is:

GK Boruc/Horn
LB Jon Silva/Bertrand
RB Murru/Kelly (bought from LFC as he was on tranny list instead of Vrsaljko who wouldnt come)
CBs Doria/Balanta/Denswil/Schar/Sviatchenko
CM/DMs Taider/Schneiderlin/Wanyama/Cork/Ward Prowse
MF/AM Tadic/Mane/Gaston Ramirez/Jay Rodriguez
CFs Volland/Pelle/Duvan Zapata/Angelo Hemriquez (loan)/Billy Sharp