Southampton's push for Promised Land - A FmGodNo1 and Fm-RascaL Joint Story

FmGodNo1

Reaction score

2wf8jv7.png

Nigel Atkins Leaves Southampton Post

View attachment 142430

We can today confirm via Nigel Atkins twitter and the Southampton website that Nigel has left his post. This has come as surprising news to Saints fans as the new season draws closer. We cannot currently confirm why Nigel has left his job but rumours are spreading around that his wife and kids want to exchange gloomy England for the Sun of Cyprus. More news to come from this story.

Saints Shocked by Atkins Departure

Saints fans are reportedly devasted by the departure of Nigel Atkins after stating they believed he was the perfect man to take Southampton back to former glory. Southampton is now going to have to make a swift appointment in time for the new Npower League 1 season to ensure the new boss at the helm has time to bring in his own transfers and to work with the team.

View attachment 142432

Betfred has offered odds on the next manager at St Mary’s:

Steve Coppell - 7/1
Chris Houghton – 7/1
Paul Tisdale - 10/1
Paulo Sousa – 12/1
Kevin Blackwell - 14/1
Gordan Strachan – 15/1
Lee Bradbury – 20/1

View attachment 142431
Steve Coppell Pictures above

Update soon! Find out the new managers :)

Last edited:
i like this boys! should be a good effort :) kiu wanna see some updates! :)

Paul Tisdale says ‘I’m Flattered but NO’

View attachment 142489

Exeter city Boss has said today that he is flattered to be recognised by the Southampton bored but he couldn’t bring himself to leave St James Park as he loves the club and wouldn’t be able to leave the club after a simply brilliant last 3 years. This news comes after Nigel Atkins resigned of the League 1 club yesterday.

View attachment 142491

Gianfranco Zola seen at the St Mary’s

View attachment 142490

Sky sports can confirm that former Chelsea Legend and former West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola has been spotted entering the St Mary’s stadium after a proposed meeting took place with the chairman on the vacant manager’s position at the club. Gianfranco Zola is 44 years old and previously played for Chelsea, Parma and Cagliari. His first job in management was with Premier League team West Ham but he was dismissed early in management for poor performances.​

We could of just done one big joint story between the five of us guys! :( or a network game!

**** it wouldve loved that but dont worry keep following and were follow urs

BREAKING NEWS:

Roberto Di Matteo Accepts Southampton!
View attachment 142497

Ex West Brom reject takes over at the St Mary stadium:
Roberto Di Matteo has come out from disguise and signed as manager at Southampton. Bookies, Press, Fans etc had no idea or indication atall that Roberto was interested in the job.
Fans were looking to welcome Paul Tisdale after slight rumours from a Sky sports news special, but after Tisdale rejected the Saints the fans then turned to Steve Coppell untill they heard then famous name of Roberto Di Matteo.
Fans are delighted form the surprise and cant wait to see what Roberto has instore.​

Some of the Saints fans outside the stadium to welcome Roberto made these statements:
' Wow, Di Matteo at Southampton in league one, this is good'. John Ham 31.
' This feels like a dream, to think that he was managing in the Premier League a few months ago and now hes at the club we love'. Dave Johns 48.

Roberto's words when spoke to in his car window at the training ground by local press:
' Just like to say thanks to the fans for welcoming me here and the staff and players, i will speak to my squad tomorrow and staff, i will also be attending my first press conference tommorrow. Thanks'.

Last edited:
View attachment 142506

Gianfranco Zola appointed Saints Boss

View attachment 142507

In the last few minutes we have received news about the ongoing managerial vacancy at the St Mary’s and can now officially confirm to the Saints fans delight that Chelsea and Italian Legend Gianfranco Zola has been appointed Southampton Manager. This appointment has come after former boss Nigel Akins resigned from the post. The Southampton fans are delighted that Zola has been chosen. Zola has had one previous job before being appointed coach in which he was in charge of London club West Ham. Zola now has to look forward to the league and learning about all his players and bringing in signing etc.​

Di Matteo features in first press conference:

BBC sport focused the conference around what Roberto thinks of it here.
BBC asked Di Matteo ' you sit here as the new manager, what do you think of this ?

Roberto anwsered by saying ' i am living the dream, i know Southampton aint a top flight team but i know they can be there one day and i hope i can bring that success to this club'.

Last edited:
You really need to enlarge the pictures. Try using imgur.com and if the picture is too small/big, you can resize it. It's free too. That's what I use for my story anyway... check it out if you have time ;)

Wait a minute.. why are Zola and Di Matteo both Saints bosses? :S

Ha little twist we chose as were both Chelsea fans and both unemployed so thought it would be a gd start :L

Cheers lads, my next update will be tomorrow when i get back from school :) keep watching for it. About 4.30/5.00 :D

Cole chosen as Assistant to Zola

COLE.jpg

Sky sports new can confirm we have just received news that Gianfranco Zola has chosen his assistant manager for the season. He has names former Manchester United striker Andrew Cole as his assistant manager. Andrew was part of the Manchester United side that won the treble in the 1999/2000 season.

6 Signings in at the Saints

Southampton fans will be drooling today as Gianfranco Zola has confirmed 6 news signings. He said that he feels that these signings have the quality to help his team win the league and progress far. The players are as follows.

Jordan Spence

Jordan is aged 20 years old and is brung in on loan from West Ham. He predominately plays at CB but can also be played on the right.

Spence.jpg

JordanSpenceProfile_Attributes.png

Josh Mceachran

Josh Mceachran has also been brought in on loan from Premier League champions Chelsea. Josh is a CM and is highly talented.

Mceachran.jpg

JoshMcEachranProfile_Attributes.png

Jason Euell

We have bought Jason in as a bit of experience. He is a versatile forward and can offer that bit extra to the club. We paid a fee of £250k for Jason.

Euell.jpg

JasonEuellProfile_Attributes.png

Shaun Cummings

Shaun is a youngster who plays in Defence. He started his career at Chelsea and we have loaned him from Reading. We have paid a fee of £35k aswell in this loan deal.

Cummings.jpg

ShaunCummingsProfile_Attributes.png

Collins John

Collins John is a Dutch footballer who previously played for Fulham. We have bought him in on a free and he is in his prime at 24 years old.

CollinsJohn.jpg

CollinsJohnProfile_Attributes.png

Sofyane Cherfa

Sofyane is a CB at the age of 25. We have paid a fee of 100k as he has a lot of potential and feel he can be solid for us.

Cherfa.jpg

SofyaneCherfaProfile_Attributes.png

Pre-Season

Southampton 4-1 Southampton Res
(Lambert Pen, Puncheon, Chaplow, Jaidi, Garrod)

Spartan 0-4 Southampton
(Euell, Chamberlein, Prado, OG)

Raith 2-2 Southampton
(Euell, Puncheon, Mcbride, Fisher)

Southampton 2-1 Swansea
(Prado, Lambert, Sinclair)

Dunagannon 0-7 Southampton
(Lambert x3, Euell, Prado, Johns, Hammond)

Zola Delighted with Pre-Season and Transfers

ZolaManageroftheMonth.jpg

Zola has said he is absolutely delighted with the players brought in and pleased with how the team have progressed in pre-season matches.​