Southgate Sacked!

can't say much more than awful decision and even worse timing. I thought Gibson was a good chairman but now he's going like the rest of them. I think Southgate would got Boro back up, and like redders said why not sack him in January? Strachan will be an interesting one.

can't say much more than awful decision and even worse timing. I thought Gibson was a good chairman but now he's going like the rest of them. I think Southgate would got Boro back up, and like redders said why not sack him in January? Strachan will be an interesting one.
You don't watch them every week.We've been awful,he's lost the fans,crowds where down to 17 thousand,something had to give.It should of happened a year ago but ill take it now.The fact were a point of the top just shows how **** the division is.

Southgate never seemed assured of himself, he lacks any knowledge in transfer market and he sold Lee Cattermole, relied to heavily on youth as well, Strachan will come in and make Boro' a better unit, not attractive football but good football, only Tigana could win the championship playing attractive football and a lot of money behind him of course

Southgate never seemed assured of himself, he lacks any knowledge in transfer market and he sold Lee Cattermole, relied to heavily on youth as well, Strachan will come in and make Boro' a better unit, not attractive football but good football, only Tigana could win the championship playing attractive football and a lot of money behind him of course
Keegan won it with the Geordies and Man City playing attractive football,and Mowbray won it with West Brom playing attractive football.

Keegan won it with the Geordies and Man City playing attractive football,and Mowbray won it with West Brom playing attractive football.
yeah that was my favourite city season ever, keegan is a top manager i loved him, however he is not loyal in my opinion, he sues newcastle and left citeh when the tough gets going. We had great players like Ali Benarbia, Darren Huckerby and Eyal Berkovic.

How can you say that? Did you ever watch Boro under Southgate. Terrible football that went nowhere and his squad selections at times were troubling. His refusal to replace Schwarzer was one of the main reasons they went down. That and his useless attackers.

Gibson has clearly looked at the results so far and saw that the reason was going down a road where automatic promotion was looking very unlikely with there on and off form and while they still have a chance to make that goal he has changed it up.

gordon starcan is over here in ireland lads he was in the studio talking about all the champions league matches on RTE

How can you say that? Did you ever watch Boro under Southgate. Terrible football that went nowhere and his squad selections at times were troubling. His refusal to replace Schwarzer was one of the main reasons they went down. That and his useless attackers.

Gibson has clearly looked at the results so far and saw that the reason was going down a road where automatic promotion was looking very unlikely with there on and off form and while they still have a chance to make that goal he has changed it up.
i agree, long ball football is rarely succesful sorry if anyone disagrees or gives examples but other than pulis who does a great job with it? it is uneffective which is a shame because middlesbrough could play attractive football, at the very least some quick passing here and then, i hope middlesbrough west brom and bristol city come up

i agree, long ball football is rarely succesful sorry if anyone disagrees or gives examples but other than pulis who does a great job with it? it is uneffective which is a shame because middlesbrough could play attractive football, at the very least some quick passing here and then, i hope middlesbrough west brom and bristol city come up
Liverpool.;)
Against us.:'(

You don't watch them every week.We've been awful,he's lost the fans,crowds where down to 17 thousand,something had to give.It should of happened a year ago but ill take it now.The fact were a point of the top just shows how **** the division is.

fair enough, you have a more informed opinion than me.Just seemed like the timing was strange, and that having stuck with him this long, given how patient Gibson can me, he'd stick with him.

fair points. I just don't know if it will be proved the right decision cos in a league like the championship, when Boro are still doing ok, it could backfire in terms of stability etc. Strachan isnt amazing after all (not that southgate was mind)

I don't think Gibson wanted to do it, but the fans wanted him out, I'm not sure Gibson liked the dwindling attendances to be honest on top of many other things, however Charlton did the same thing with Curbishly and look where they are now.

Don't think you have watched Middlesbrough under Southgate.

At times under Southgate we played some nice, attacking football. Even at the start of our relegation season we were playing some nice stuff. Don't think I have watched a Boro game under Southgate where our tactics from the start have been the long ball - correct me if I am wrong though but it has never suited any of our strikers under Southgate...maybe Viduka but even then I can't remember watching a long ball game.

I like the man, and think he would have got us in the play-offs if not automatic promotion. The timing is ODD - but also makes sense.... He should have gone towards the end of last year when we were looking certain for the drop....now we are 1 pt off top, Gibbo sacks him. Seems odd, but if you think about it...the new manager (Strachan to be named tomorrow??) will now have a couple of months to assess the squad before the January transfer window, where he will get rid of what he doesn't want, and bring in his OWN squad (with whatever funds we do have).

Oh, and Allardyce gets teams playing a cracking long ball.

I dont think a manager like Strachan would even consider the Boro job unless he was assured some decent funds to spend.

What's up with Strachan's wife now. I thought that was partly the reason he left to care for her or something, has her situation changed? I may just be speaking some **** but that is what i thought.

What's up with Strachan's wife now. I thought that was partly the reason he left to care for her or something, has her situation changed? I may just be speaking some **** but that is what i thought.
That was why he left Southampton,he's been to Celtic since then. Boro is a lot closer to Scotland than Southampton, 1-2 hours drive.

It's gotten so definite that strachan will take the job that bookies have stopped taking bets on him becoming the new manager lol. Promotion here we come