Spals Liverpool Story - the rise of the red!

well recent results have been generally good.. lost 1-0 away to chelsea in fourth round of fa cup.. but unbeaten in 12 games in league.. still top although man utd have a game in hand and are only a point behind..

good thing is, my defence has been oustanding only letting in 9 goals in 24 games in the league!
View attachment 17043

major worries is the front men.. torres has been injured and also i dont feel i have got the best out of him yet.. 8 goals in 19 starts.. will look into sorting this out asap.. although gerrad has been lethal in front of goal (19 goals in 26 starts)

torres does need some better support and in the summer my top target is another leading front man (dzeko, villa etc etc) as ronaldo has been pretty much useless (10 starts and 9 subs resulting in a measly 3 goals) van nilsteroy has been better with 6 goals but still i need some young meat upfront!

so now is fully concetrating on the league and champs league!

i will be reading mate see how you are doing as pool manager. please feel free to look at my story i recently started on liverpool see if i can take them to success!!!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

and by the way how did you do your screenshots as mine do not appear in my screenshots folder?

i just alt F9 .. then they appeared in my folder... will check out your story to...

its so annoying i press alt f9 and they dont come in my screenshot folder

The big suprise in my game is the real poor form of arsenal! they are lying in 11th place .. 25 points behind liverpool (leaders) after 24 games!

have started now to try and tempt cesc away and apparently he would be extremely intersted in a move to liverpool!!!! May have to sell a few players such as beneyoun & aquilani to fund his move... but he is a player i want and i might be able to get his price down if arsenal fail tomake the champs league!

continued an unbeaten run in the prem but draws against man utd and wolves have left me 2 points behind man utd..

champs league..

DIASTER.. away at OM... 3 nil down in first 20 minutes! Rallied my troops and before half time it was 3-2 thanks to 2 torres goals

DIASTER STRIKES AGAIN!!! - Its now 6-2!! my usually fantastic defence has fallen apart! Ten mins to go!!!

Final score 6-3 .. van nil getting a goal at the end!
View attachment 17377

SECOND LEG

All out attack from start as i have to win by 3 clear goals... can we do it? YES WE CAN!!

View attachment 17380
fine performance from my boys... introduction of van nil at half time was crucial!!! really believe we can go on and win it all now!

Last edited:
well its been a hectic few weeks for liverpool... heres just a few of the games that have shaped my season..

Champs league
liverpool drew at chelsea (surprise!) in the quarters and two very tense games followed..

chelsea 2 - 3 liverpool
3 away goals!!! left us very much in the driving seat for the home leg!

liverpool 0 - 1 chelsea
through on away goals... shocking poerformance from liverpool and i admit i got my tactics all wrong.. but still through to face barca in the semis!

liverpool 2-2 barcelona
after barca going 2 goals up a brave liverpool thought till the end to get things on a level playing field for the away leg

barcelona 1 - 1 liverpool
leading from the 10th minute till the 85th.. i really thought the final was in my sights.. moment of madness saw macherano sent off in the 72ns mintue and a brave liverpool defence finally submitted to a barca attack that was relentless.. oh well next year!

prem lpool 0-0 birmingham
(major dissappointment left me behind man utd and hoping they would slip up twice before end of the season)
prem lpool 2-0 wigan
(should have been so many more goals.. but a win is a win!)
prem lpool 0-2 man city
(if it werent for man utd losing this would have been the end of my title dream, but luckily west ham beat them 2-1 so the dream is still on!!)
prem lpool 1-0 arsenal
(underachieving arsenal had more weight on their shoulders.. this result also left liverpool and man utd joint top of the league! one game to go.. with only 2 goals seperating leaders man utd and liverpool)

View attachment 17566

LAST GAME OF THE SEASON.. TENSE AS ****!! can spal lead his liverpool team to their first title in almost 20 years?? stay tuned for the full season review!

liverpool play hull away

while man utd play wigan away

to tough to call...

Liverpool fans rejoice tonight as Liverpools season comes to a close with the lifting of the premier league title for the first time ever! Although it was left till the last day of the season, liverpool fans will celebrate this for weeks to come!!!

Allan Madden also named manager of the year!

WINNERS
Prem - LIVERPOOL
fa cup - SPURS
League cup - ARSENAL

Championship - boro

Champs league - Barcelona
Europa cup -

underachievers award has to be arsenal.. failing to make the champs league with a lowly finish of ninth..

Liverpool

Player the season
Top scorer - Gerrard (25)
Transfer buy of the season - Mountinho
Most improved - Salvio
Best Youngster - Insua / Salvio
Underachiever - Rivaldo / Ronaldo

its now time to set my sights on the transfer market. It seems the team needs to strengthen a few areas with the following as priorities..

st - target man
amc - cover for gerrard

It also looks like rivaldo will not be staying, and could be followed out the door by yossi beneyoun, reira and ronaldo who has failed to impress after a good start to the campaign

potential targets are

st - cardoza, balotelli, crouch, dzeko,
amc - van der vartt, aguero (who could cover both positions)

also i am looking into bidding on some arsenal stars who may be lured away on the cheap due to lack of champs league football and disillusioned at life at highbury!

Good job winning by cheating can you post scrennies of your last day wins along with UTDs loss

Cos u cheated once dose not mean you wont cheat again... its not i dont believe you just making sure :).

Jackpot!!!

Liverpool board hand manager madden an almighty war chest of £55million for the summer!!!

View attachment 17818

This along with the sales of:-

beneyoun
riera
ronaldo

should be enough to get my top transfer targets (baloteli, aguero etc etc)

thats for wilson.. and if u read the post through properly u will see i did not use any of the etra funds i gave myself and wiped them off after the taunts on here...

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

strikers i am looking at..
dzeko, tevez, aguero (who could also fill in with my amc position), huntelar, baloteli, crouch

my ideal signings would be tevez and aguero but impressed with huntelar stats.. dzeko maybe to expensive for me with other positions and youngsters having entered my transfer ideas..

my real wish is to ofload aquilani for £20m and sign fabergras!

i got dezeko for 8 million and in 12 months i have to pay 15 million but he was worth it cuz he helped me win the league and english league cup when torres got injured

just signed dzeko for £20million.. straight up.. lets hope he is worth it!