Death Ball

Reaction score
Spanish Complete database

-What is in the file

The uncompressed xml (26MB) and the compressed dbc (308KB) versions of the database for FM14.2.x and the uncompressed database for FM14.0-FM14.1.x. If someone has an issue loading one format, he'll have the other to try.

-How to install

Extract the desired file to your C:\Users\username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data folder. If you have not the editor data folder, create it. "C:\Users\username" is C:\Documents and settings\username\ for windows prior to Vista.

Use the equivalent folder of your OS if it's not Windows.

Extract the 1.0 version you want into that folder if you're playing with FM14.2.x and the 0.9 if you're playing FM14.0-FM14.1.x

-What the database will put in your game

Seven levels of divisions in Spain.

Segunda B works as in the default game, which has the correct promotion and relegation system. I have left the Salamanca AC team that doesn't exist there because it fulfills the purpose than in future seasons the four groups will have twenty sides. I have, however, decreased their reputation in the hopes that will help ensure they'll get relegated the first season being less likely to attract good players. Later they may be considered the likely to be (re)founded team from Salamanca.

Tercera (third) has the composition of groups corrected. A few teams had to be created. Promotion is a single play off where the four top of every group compete in a single legged cup of two rounds for 18 promotion places. The bottom three are relegated. The promotion system is not the real, which is rather complex, similar to Segunda B's but that can't be replicated through the basic editor. I tried to look at the advanced editor but I can't make head nor tails from it and I have been unable to find a tutorial on it. No players from out of the EU and maximum of over 23 players as is the real system. Maximum squad of 23 players.

The fifth level is Regionales Preferentes. Most of the groups are as they are in reality, with a lot of teams being created. There's a few groups that had to be changed due to the fact this level needs to have 36 groups to work in FM and in reality there are 39 groups at this level. Groups for Menorca and Ibiza y Formentera were merged into the Menorca e Ibiza group. Ceuta and Melilla groups were similarly merged and received a team from Canarias' "Interinsular La Palma" group. Said Interinsular La Palma group was removed and its teams placed in the Las Palmas and Tenerife groups, pluse the one in the Ceuta y Melilla group. The third group from Extremadura had its teams moved between the other two Extremadura groups. The champion of each group is promoted automatically to Tercera. The following four enter a play off to choose the remaining 18 teams. The bottom team is relegated. No players from out of the EU and maximum of 4 over 23 players. Maximum squad of 23 players.

The sixth level is fictitious, but divided by regions as the three levels above.
1 = Galicia
2 = Asturas and Cantabria
3 = Pa?s Vasco and Navarra
4 = Catalu?a
5 = Comunidad Valenciana
6 = Comunidad de Madrid
7 = Castilla y Le?n
8 = Andaluc?a
9 = Baleares
10 = Canarias, Ceuta y Melilla
11 = Murcia y Castilla la Mancha
12 = Extremadura

Top two teams are promoted, next four of each group enter a single play off to decide the last 12 promotion spots. Bottom team is relegated. No players from out of the EU, 4 maximum over 23 players. Maximum squad size of 23 players.

Seventh level is also fictitious. Four groups of 20 teams each. Top two are promoted, next four enter play off for last 4 promotion places. No non-EU players, maximum of 4 over 23 players. No relegations.

Every team but the B and C ones were given an U19 team and they were placed in 76 groups of 16-24 teams each. Only one level and no championship playoffs. Single level for comfort of making the database (at the end I was pretty burned out and really want to start playing the game), as the goal of making it is simply to have a competition with matches for your youngsters, no championship play off because 76 groups aren't a power of 2. U19 fro mteams in Liga BBVA are in group 1, from teams in Liga Adelante are in group 2 and so on.

I did nothing in the way of making sure there will be cup competition for the levels below Tercera. As above, that would have been last and by then I got pretty tired of editing, plus when I had a small look at making a cup a couple of years ago I wasn't sure how it would be the way to assign teams that qualify for it (I think very likely it would be easy if I got at it, but now if I hear "FM editor" I'll turn into the Hulk).

-Notes

During the first season, The third division rules show that top team of each group earns direct promotion, but it works as intended and as said in the description above.

To comment on any issue use this thread

The assignment of groups in multi group divisions to keep teams divided into the proper group for their regions doesn't seem to work right. It appears as if still it needs to assign coordinates to boundaries, which would be quite a tiresome process to do at the moment. I make no promises of doing that and the most likely is I won't.

If you try to load a different database along with it and you get a message about not finding a competition with the ID 100000024, then download THIS instead-

-Downloads for FM version
FM14.0-14.1x (v0.9) and FM14.2.x(v1.0)
FM14.3

************************************************************************************************
Obsolete:

I've uploaded the Spanish Activated database to the Steam Workshop. Name is "Spanish Tercera Activated v1.0".

As in previous versions, this is a fast release to give you people a quick chance to play teams from Tercera Divisi?n. To play teams from further deep in the Spanish league system, you'll have to wait until I make a "Spanish Complete".

Notes on Spanish Tercera Activated v1.0 by DB-Rho4

In this release, I have left Salamanca AC in Segunda B1 even if there is no such team because Segunda B is set to a minimum and maximum number of teams of 20 and I can't change that in the basic editor, then this is a quick release.

I did change a couple Tercera groups that were over crowded, I've removed teams that aren't in Tercera, put in those who belong there but weren't placed there and created the four teams that needed to be created.

As usual, the top four teams of each group enter a single play off for everyone in which 72 teams (18x4) battle for 18 promotion places.

Bottom four teams of each group are relegated straight off. I realize now that is too many. If you want me to take that down to the bottom three or two, say it and I'll update that.

FM-Base download link

Future plans

Work slowly but surely in the Spanish Complete. I have to recreate it from scratch, so it will take time, as I'd like to play the game. I probably have less time to work on it this year than in previous ones. I would say don't expect it in less than one month.

The plan for the Spanish Complete is to remove Salamanca AC and leave Segunda B1 as a 19 team group. Though leaving it in, if it's so if left to AI is most likely to go down, would be better regarding future, as the relegation will be made so next year it has the 20 that should be. For those who don't know Uni?n Deportiva Salamanca disappeared because of financial trouble.

There will be a Preferente level below Tercera (which will have no more than three relegations per group) and then what is needed to keep working promotion system.

I will be giving all teams the regional leagues assignments needed and will try to make all to have a U19 team in a U19 league for this year's edition.

Note, however, that there's an issue with the editor not counting the play out relegation spots from Segunda B to Tercera, so it requires to fill 16 for play off promotions. The game, when loading databases, also checks that. That creates quite the chaotic promotion system, I have managed to get around that in the Activated version, but I'm not quite sure what is I did, as I thought it would entail a change that didn't happen, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to get around it again. I should, so there should be a Complete edition; I just can't promise I'll get it done for sure.

Last edited:
I updated the Tercera file to Spanish Tercera Activated v1.1.

I have added 24 groups of U19 teams and assigned a U19 to every team except the B teams so all have an available U19 to train their youth.

I have also made it so only three teams per group of Tercera are relegated, which I think is more like how it works.

As for the status of a Spanish Complete, I think this year I will be much more slow in getting it finished than past season, as I find myself with very little mood to work on it. However, I still have the intention of making it.

please death ball. can you put a direct download fil here, because i cant download from steam worksop i have tried and it will not work.

Okay, uploading at this moment.

I wish I had done the very same day you asked, but the thread didn't show the new post.

I'll post the link as soon as the upload has been approved.

Okay, link is THIS. You'll have to wait until it is approved.

As a note for moderators: I had the fields to upload my file or link it from the internet, but I didn't have any option to post a screenshot.

Last edited:
File updated with important bug solution: I just didn't see the sub rules and went in totally expecting it to be right or untouchable; however I have just found they were touchable and set to 3 from 3, when it should have been 3 from 5. Sorry for the derpiness.

As for the complete version, I'm slowly working on it; but as said it won't be done soon. It may be out for mid december.

New update, added the squad restrictions, which I totally forgot. :x Shows this season I don't quite have my mind in the editirng.

Same link. I'll update the workshop file as soon as my FM14 decides it wants to finish loading.

Progress update for the complete version: Past half the fifth tier, which is the main part of editing (I'd say it takes 85% of the time spent editing the complete version), meaning that right now the estimate time to have the complete version finished is somewhere between one and two weeks.

The level below Tercera is completed, though it needs a small go over to remove stadium of created teams (forgot that would be carried over when duplicating a team). But with that, the big part is over. The two levels below should be done in two days, the regional group assignment for tercera in two or three, the levels above in one day, one or two for the stadium thing in Preferente and another for a test. So the Complete database should be ready to upload in a week.

Also, I'm thinking next version I either get volunteers to fill a portion of the preferente groups or I will just release the Tercera activated. Unless SI does an editor that can read this version's database, like FM12 did with FM11 files. It's way too long to do by myself, it's almost kept me from playing and I want FM13 WAAAH XD

Class! Looking forward to the complete version. Really want to manage FC Andorra and the Andorra NT and try the San Marino challenge but...the Andorra Challenge, I believe FC Andorra are in the division below Tercera so tier 5?

Yep, the Andorra CF in Tercera is in group 17 and is actually a team from Teruel, not Andorra. The good thing about this year's release is it will have an under 19 team to send your youngsters.

Yep, this morning I was multitasking and got a mess with my thoughts XD.

Things have gone smoothly and a bit faster than anticipated. The database is completed and I have started the one season holiday to make sure it works correctly. It should get through the season tomorrow (with so many groups and divisions and my PC not being the strongest, though it's not the weakest either, it will take several hours).

Test finished successfully. The file has been uploaded here. Pending approval now. As I mentioned when I uploaded the Tercera Activated, I don't see the way to upload screenshots at this moment. Will do once it's approved.

It's also been uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

My game always crashes on 23.07.2013 when using the file. Without it it's ok.

I've looked the database and that date doesn't appear in any of the settings, so I have no idea why that could happen or what I could do to solve that.

The only thing I can tell you is try redownloading it. If it persists, then if you used the dbc, try with the xml, which is the one I tested and gave no problem. Try holidaying if neither does. If not, do you use other databases along it?.

I selected Hong Kong and choose the game to start from the first of August 2013. it seems to be working fine now.

Last edited:
Thanks.

The file has been approved.

I've uploaded four screenshots, only one shows in the thumbnail. One doesn't show and is text instead and clicking shows it. The other two are text and clicking sends to file not found. Deleted the two that didn't show.