Spanish National Team Euro 2012 Tactic by Raikan007

Raikan007

Reaction score
After watching a few games of Spain over the past week or so (well all of the games) I decided that I was going to try and recreate all of the top 4 teams in the Euro's tactics.. Spain have been good this year, not their best, but good enough to get through to the Finals!

This tactic has been created around last nights game and setup/formation at the start with Negredo upfront, I have made the false 9 tactic as well with Fabregas (I dropped the Striker to the AMC slot and gave AP - Attack, pretty much left the settings as is) Its nowhere near perfect, just like the Italian one I did the other day, however, it is playing some really lovely football and getting good results (I know I am United, but its first season, tactic is not really even fluid yet)

Formation & Instructions:

View attachment 256884

Results so far:

View attachment 256889View attachment 256890View attachment 256886View attachment 256620View attachment 256888View attachment 256885

There were a lot of key passes in the games, more so than I have seen from any of my other "possession" tactics coupled with a good amount of passes and possession...

Touchline Shouts:

View attachment 256622

Download:

Spanish National Team Euro 2012 Tactic by Raikan00 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Use Assistant Managers opposition instructions, any size pitch as well
smile.gif
This is not guaranteed to work at all, its playing some really good footie now, the tactic fluidity is barely even a halfway! So it should only get better!

Last edited:
Good tactic. Will have a go soon considering I'm starting a Spain save.

You seem to have lined up with a 4-2-2-2 so to speak. Spain looked more like a 4-3-3 at least nominally isn't it? And plus, wouldn't a false nine be more effective with at least one inside forward who cuts in like Iniesta/Silva for Spain and takes over the space that Fabregas creates?

And plus, I would say that Alba is more restrained than Arbeloa right? And how exactly does Busquets fit into this because he is a holding mid sort of and that too along with Alonso. A 4-3-3 would allow both to fit in along with Xavi and they can start play some good football right with Busquets lying deep and dropping back when Arbeloa/Alba went up and with Alonso making runs at times and Xavi given a free hand in the middle of the park?

Sorry if my questions seem stupid but I'm a noob at Spain and it's tactics so...

the top right winger is an 'inside forward' the central AMCR is the playmaker (this can be Fabregas) Iniesta can be the left AP

Alba is a lot more attacking than Arbeloa... there are so many players to choose from mate, you cannot fit them all in :)

I know what you mean, I have made many 433 possession tactics so I felt like being a bit different as well, its not EXACTLY how they lined up, but its different and the footie is pretty good :) if you want I can create the exact tactic you want and you can use it? let me know

I do not understand the wide midfielder..
Busquets doesn't play a role like that..
He's more of a defensive midfielder (defend)..

as I said, its not THE EXACT FORMATION SPAIN PLAY, the style of football is THE SAME.. I was bored of making symetrical formations and 433's so that is why I designed it like this and the Italian one as well :) they are both different formations..

If you want an exact replica of the Spanish FORMATION then I will gladly upload it :)

Okay I get it. So you're basically just keeping the tiki-taka factor in but the formation changes. I'll give this a go and let you know of it's progress.

Okay I get it. So you're basically just keeping the tiki-taka factor in but the formation changes. I'll give this a go and let you know of it's progress.

yeah in a way, a lot of times last night Spains (on defence) formation did look similar though..

That is by far the worst skin ever. Hope the tactic is better ;)

Use Assistant Managers opposition instructions, any size pitch as well
smile.gif

This is not guarnteed to work at all, its playing some really good footie now, the tactic fluidity is barely even a halfway! So it should only get better!

what match preparation, team talks do you use Raikan007?

Last edited:
Any chance of a germany recreation tactic. I'm not great at creating tactics. I have a germany tactic but it's somewhat inconsistent and i cant recreate the fluidity of the three attacking mids.

Also is there anywhere i can move the wm position to. It don't have a player who can fit there.

hello mate . how xabi & busquet play together in this tactic?

I think Spain play with a 4-2-1-2-1:

-----------------Casillas--------------
Arbeloa-----Pique--Ramos------Alba
----------Busquets-----Alonso-------
----------------Xavi------------------
Silva--------------------------Iniesta
------Negredo/Torres/Cesc---------

Busquets and Alonso change their role permanently (destroyer/creator). If Fabregas plays he becomes an AMC-attack/trequartista. Silva and Iniesta both play as IF and Xavi is the main playmaker. Alba plays as a wingback whereas Arbeloa is more of a fullback.

normaly, spain is around 800 passes per game...With your tactic, i have just 400 passes with spain, against Colombie at home !

I will try to make the Spain tactic then I'll post here !

Last edited by a moderator:
you go through more Tactics a week then Socks lol. your dedication speaks for itself.