Kick off: 21:00 BST
Venue: Bernabeu

Real Madrid Line Up -

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Carvalho - Marcelo
Alonso - Khedira
Di Maria - Ozil - Ronaldo
Benzema

Real Madrid Bench - Adan, Varane, Arbeloa, Kaka, Callejon, Coentrao and Higuain.

Incredibly, Real Madrid manager has gone with a familiar 4-2-3-1 formation for the first Clasico game of the season. Nuri Sahin and Fabio Coentrao must wait for their Bernabeu debuts as Sahin isn't in the squad and Di Maria is preferred to Coentrao, while Benzema is picked ahead of Gonzalo Higuain.

Barcelona Line Up -

Valdes
Alves - Mascherano - Abidal - Adriano
Keita
Thiago - Iniesta
Sanchez - Messi - Villa

Barcelona Bench - Pinto, Fontàs, Dos Santos, Pedro, Piqué, Busquets and Xavi

Barcelona have gone with their regular formation, but with a weakened line up for the first leg of the Super Cup. Xavi, Busquets, Pique, Puyol and Pedro all miss out on the starting line up. Pedro, Pique, Busquets and Xavi are on the bench however, as Barcelona look to take an advantage into Wednesday's Second leg at the Camp Nou.
Prediction

Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona - Ozil, Villa.

Predictions from everyone else?

Last edited:
3-1 Barca, although I want Real to win.

Looking forward to seeing this one. Unfortunatley Cesc hasn't signed yet so we'll have to wait to see him in a Barca shirt. Should be a good game, quite open.

My prediction Real Madrid 1 - 2 Barcelona

2-1 to Real Madrid.

Mourinho will have that grass longer than Terry Wogan's nose hairs, home advantage a big deal when dealing with Madrid.

Last edited:
I'm just shocked he's playing with a normal formation, rather than playing with a 4-4-1 but very defensive.

2-1 to Madrid. Xavi is a big loss for Barca. Hopefully we see goals galore with Ronaldo scoring few..

sanchez looks so sexy in that kit, it's a shame he's surrounded by some of the most epic twats.