Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
Could I have some volunteers to test a tactic I've made finally exploiting the wings yet keeping a solid defence. I have tried Mr Hough wingers 10.3 and it isn't as effective as the one I am currently using so that is a good sign to me. I know FM11 is round the corner but if this works, I am confident to implement the philosophy on FM11.

The tactic is a 4-2-2-2 similar to that Real Madrid tried and failed a season or two back.

I have released it now after more testing and encouragement. Here it is.

Special One 4-2-2-2

Last edited:
Could I have some volunteers to test a tactic I've made finally exploiting the wings yet keeping a solid defence. I have tried Mr Hough wingers 10.3 and it isn't as effective as the one I am currently using so that is a good sign to me. I know FM11 is round the corner but if this works, I am confident to implement the philosophy on FM11.

The tactic is a 4-2-2-2 similar to that Real Madrid tried and failed a season or two back.

I'll gladly try out your tactic :D

Is it wizard or classic mould?, if its wizard il happily test it out on any team you want :) if its classic i can still try but i miss the view were you click on a player in the formation and it gives a highlight of his stats with the key stats hilighted for that role

you cant say its better than one of the most downloaded tactics on the site mate, time will tell! :)

Gladly.

Raikan never said it was better, just that I've had more success! Here it is!

Cheers lad. Anyone, let me know as I'm quite excited about this!

This is how it turned out

View attachment 108559

View attachment 108560

View attachment 108561

Considering the very low morale of the team when I took over this wasn't that bad. We could easily have finished 8th instead but some bad games in the end of the stopped that. Sebastián Lópes had scored 3 goal when I took over but finished with 22, not bad.

Your tactic lead to 1.5 points/match and 1.65 goals/match. Due to low moral in the beginning my players missed a lot of clear cut chanses.

Will try it out for one season more, just to give it a better chance. Feel my team has gelled quite well now and i think we will finish way better next season.

Yes I'd give it a whole season starting a fresh and letting them get used to it.
If you can I'd recommend Yann M'Vila as you're deep lying PM, and Ait Fana and Belhanda on the wings. Ait Fana is Left footed and plays AMR and Belhanda is Right footed and plays AML as inside forwards they can cut in and score plenty!

Played 1 game, was the better side till i had TWO players sent off, had a look and most of the players are on hard tackling, so i have knocked em all down to normal.

I see the defence pushes up, this tends to suggest that you need very quick DC's? something not that easy to come by on FM.

Played 1 game, was the better side till i had TWO players sent off, had a look and most of the players are on hard tackling, so i have knocked em all down to normal.

I see the defence pushes up, this tends to suggest that you need very quick DC's? something not that easy to come by on FM.
I have Kaboul and Rakitskyi neither who are paticularly quick, the defensive line isn't that high. Haven't had one sending off all season in mine.

I have Kaboul and Rakitskyi neither who are paticularly quick, the defensive line isn't that high. Haven't had one sending off all season in mine.

Just won my very 1st league game using this tactic, only 1-0 away to Wigan, but was impressed that we made 5 CCC's and it usually takes a few games for a tactic to kick in.

I'll start a new game if it continues to impress.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Next game away to Championship side Leeds in the cup.

Typical FM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not the tactics fault, just a very poor FM

Cheers for the feedback. Keep going give them a chance to gel!

unfortunately I had a board takeover, and they decided to sack me:'(

so can't try it out with sevilla anymore. really boring since I made some good transfers before the takeover. so don't think I will try this tactic out anymore.

View attachment 108619

View attachment 108620

Just downloaded it so I will check it out with my sc Heerenveen save and let you know how it goes.

Have played 17 games overall and have W 12 D 1 L 4 F 41 A 19 and in the EPL W 9 D 1 L 1 F 29 A 10

All but one of the defeats came in early testing, another after having a player sent off.

We have gone from 14th to 4th in the EPL and have just beat Spurs 4-0 away.

I will have to start a new game to be completely convinced, simply because i have a side capable of challenging for the title with my West Ham team in season 5, so i wont expect it to be quite as convincing in season 1(but i'm hopeful)

Great stuff