Cheers mate, glad to see you had success with it!

Cheers mate, glad to see you had success with it!

Hello mate, i jumped the gun on this it seems, getting torn apart by decent teams in 1st season with West Ham, definitely looks like a top 6 tactic, expected to finish 10th and will probably end up 12th - 14th.

You need some people to try different leagues/levels, and also different nations to get a broad overview of the tactic, including strengths and weaknesses.

i will give it ago for you am using ajax at the mo i elt you know how it goes.

You need some people to try different leagues/levels, and also different nations to get a broad overview of the tactic, including strengths and weaknesses.
Yes only had a couple of volunteers so far so when a few more will be better.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Hello mate, i jumped the gun on this it seems, getting torn apart by decent teams in 1st season with West Ham, definitely looks like a top 6 tactic, expected to finish 10th and will probably end up 12th - 14th.
I am currently working on a strong attribute sheet for each position which are important for the position will be up in a bit, so not necessarily top 6 but maybe not right for you're players. Hammers don't have much pace really do they?

I am currently working on a strong attribute sheet for each position which are important for the position will be up in a bit, so not necessarily top 6 but maybe not right for you're players. Hammers don't have much pace really do they?

True enough mate, will keep going a while longer anyway.

Important Attributes
DR/DL: Tackling - Work Rate - Stamina - Pace - Decisions
CB Cover: Tackling - Marking - Heading - Pace - Anticipation - Jumping
CB Ball Playing Defender: Tackling - Marking - Passing - Composure - Decisions
DM Support: Work Rate - Stamina - Tackling - Aggression - Passing
Deep Lying Playmaker: Passing - Creativity - Long Shots - Technique - Stamina
AMR Inside Forward: Dribbling - First Touch - Pace - Long Shots - Creativity (STRONG LEFT FOOT)
AML Inside Forward: Dribbling - First Touch - Pace - Long Shots - Creativity (STRONG RIGHT FOOT)
ST Poacher - Pace - Finishing - Composure - First Touch - Anticipation - Off The Ball
ST Advanced Forward - Dribbling - Composure - Finishing - Heading - Strength

Hope this helps, not promising anything but for those saying a top 6 tactic, I have a very young team to give you an idea here is my first eleven.
GK: Consigli
RB: Beck
LB: Boka
CB: Kaboul
CB: Rakitskyi
DM: Gilberto Silva
DM: M'Vila
AMR: Ait Fana
AML: Belhanda
ST: Yannick Djalo
ST: Neymar

Important Attributes
DR/DL: Tackling - Work Rate - Stamina - Pace - Decisions
CB Cover: Tackling - Marking - Heading - Pace - Anticipation - Jumping
CB Ball Playing Defender: Tackling - Marking - Passing - Composure - Decisions
DM Support: Work Rate - Stamina - Tackling - Aggression - Passing
Deep Lying Playmaker: Passing - Creativity - Long Shots - Technique - Stamina
AMR Inside Forward: Dribbling - First Touch - Pace - Long Shots - Creativity (STRONG LEFT FOOT)
AML Inside Forward: Dribbling - First Touch - Pace - Long Shots - Creativity (STRONG RIGHT FOOT)
ST Poacher - Pace - Finishing - Composure - First Touch - Anticipation - Off The Ball
ST Advanced Forward - Dribbling - Composure - Finishing - Heading - Strength

Hope this helps, not promising anything but for those saying a top 6 tactic, I have a very young team to give you an idea here is my first eleven.
GK: Consigli
RB: Beck
LB: Boka
CB: Kaboul
CB: Rakitskyi
DM: Gilberto Silva
DM: M'Vila
AMR: Ait Fana
AML: Belhanda
ST: Yannick Djalo
ST: Neymar

So what team, division and year are you in?

I'm a created team, started with no players and a bit of money to try and test the tactic best. Serie A first year, second in the league.

I'm a created team, started with no players and a bit of money to try and test the tactic best. Serie A first year, second in the league.

I've Won 11 Drew 4 Lost 7 in 22 epl games and sit 6th in the table(although could be as low as 11th when teams have played their games in hand) its still not bad, as we have had/got countless injuries and we have some very winnable games coming up and have already played most of the big teams away.

I'll keep you updated, the big test will be season 2 when i have hopefully been able to bring a few players in with the right stats for their positions.

I've Won 11 Drew 4 Lost 7 in 22 epl games and sit 6th in the table(although could be as low as 11th when teams have played their games in hand) its still not bad, as we have had/got countless injuries and we have some very winnable games coming up and have already played most of the big teams away.

I'll keep you updated, the big test will be season 2 when i have hopefully been able to bring a few players in with the right stats for their positions.
That's good with West Ham no?

That's good with West Ham no?

Well, yes and no, but i'm not knocking your tactic, let me explain.

In each patch in FM 10 i have found a way to be succesful and massively overachieve with the Hammers, in one of the patches i finished an amazing 2nd and then went on to dominate season after season.

Sometimes though a tactic is great for one season and then for no apparent reason collapses the next?

In the final patch with one of Mr Houghs tactics i finished 4th first season, improved the squad 2nd season somewhat and was challenging for titles year after year before it got too easy.

The other thing is, starting new saves you learn what players are the best to buy to the point where i can usually make 4 or 5 signings and improve my team no end.

So back to YOUR tactic, well, i had a really good 1st season, here's the table below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Like i said, thats pretty **** good, yes, i have finished higher before on this patch with a different tactic, but i do like this tactic and as such think it IS a good tactic.

Now, there is a "but" coming up and that is simply because the tactic now seems to be struggling 2nd season?

I dont put too much into this "2nd season syndrome" because it has'nt happened all that often to me, compared to all the times i've continued to have success, but something has happened that has somehow make the tactic incredibly less convincing, even though i have carefully improved my squad options as well as seeing last seasons players improve statistically, we are suddenly struggling and i dont know why?

I'll post a screenie of some recent results and continue the save in the hope that things dramatically improve.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Dont know why but it completely died?

W 3 D 5 L 5 F 13 A 15

Might try this season 2 for my Newcastle story. Looking to move into playing 2 up top rather than 1.

Well, yes and no, but i'm not knocking your tactic, let me explain.

In each patch in FM 10 i have found a way to be succesful and massively overachieve with the Hammers, in one of the patches i finished an amazing 2nd and then went on to dominate season after season.

Sometimes though a tactic is great for one season and then for no apparent reason collapses the next?

In the final patch with one of Mr Houghs tactics i finished 4th first season, improved the squad 2nd season somewhat and was challenging for titles year after year before it got too easy.

The other thing is, starting new saves you learn what players are the best to buy to the point where i can usually make 4 or 5 signings and improve my team no end.

So back to YOUR tactic, well, i had a really good 1st season, here's the table below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Like i said, thats pretty **** good, yes, i have finished higher before on this patch with a different tactic, but i do like this tactic and as such think it IS a good tactic.

Now, there is a "but" coming up and that is simply because the tactic now seems to be struggling 2nd season?

I dont put too much into this "2nd season syndrome" because it has'nt happened all that often to me, compared to all the times i've continued to have success, but something has happened that has somehow make the tactic incredibly less convincing, even though i have carefully improved my squad options as well as seeing last seasons players improve statistically, we are suddenly struggling and i dont know why?

I'll post a screenie of some recent results and continue the save in the hope that things dramatically improve.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Dont know why but it completely died?

W 3 D 5 L 5 F 13 A 15
Might just be a slow start fella that's not the worst start, keep going, tweak the formation maybe, could be taking your signings a while to gel!

Might just be a slow start fella that's not the worst start, keep going, tweak the formation maybe, could be taking your signings a while to gel!

No mate, its not even creating chances anymore.

First I've heard of that some more testers would be useful.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:36 PM ----------

Just got promoted to the Championship with a created team with a reputation of 1.

Isnt this stolen from the 4-2-2-2 special one the korean guy did?

Isnt this stolen from the 4-2-2-2 special one the korean guy did?
Lol nope haven't heard of it, made it completely from scratch.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

I think you mean the 4-2-3-1 Special One Classic which has nothing to do with mine, only similarity are the words in the title