• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blynd1

Can anyone tell me what was the SPL biggest transfer fee for a sold player? I am just asking, as Neil Lennon said he would only sell Gary Hooper for 42M...

Aiden Mcgeady! To Spartak Moscow , 9,5 million pounds!

But there is absolutely no way that Hooper will be sold for 42 million, not even dreaming. XD

You do realise that he doesn't actually think he would realistically get £35 million for him, don't you? All he was doing was basically telling the teams chasing him to beat it and at the same time make him feel wanted.

You have discovered GUNPOWDER! ;)
I do know... But still it was quite a silly thing to say, at least be realistic mr Lennon.

You do realise that he doesn't actually think he would realistically get £35 million for him, don't you? All he was doing was basically telling the teams chasing him to beat it and at the same time make him feel wanted.

You have discovered GUNPOWDER! ;)
I do know... But still it was quite a silly thing to say, at least be realistic mr Lennon.

But he wasnt trying to be realistic. He's basically saying hands off unless you are mental enough to pay such a high price

Why surely. But clubs do think about the sale too, you think if someone offered.. Let's say 15/20 million pounds, he'd refuse? Surely not, specially in the current state of economics.

But he wasnt trying to be realistic. He's basically saying hands off unless you are mental enough to pay such a high price

Why surely. But clubs do think about the sale too, you think if someone offered.. Let's say 15/20 million pounds, he'd refuse? Surely not, specially in the current state of economics.

He probably would refuse, when he compares it to how much he needs him when it comes to winning the league etc, then the fee isnt worth it. More to consider than just the raw fee

Pretty sure McGeady is the highest at 9.5mil + add ons.

Hutton was below 9mil iirc, but it is hard to know these days with clubs not liking to give out the proper figures. You have to look threw the club accounts to know for sure.

Stan was closer to 7mil. Rising to around 8mil though.

For Hooper to move it would have to break the record though, he has said he is happy, we have said we dont want to sell. So clubs have to offer crazy money to take him. Southamptons bid of 4mil is insulting, especially after we where more than reasonable with them regarding big Jos.

We need the player more than the money right now. We are financially fine now and it is more important that we win the league this year than increase the money in the bank. Rangers have won 3 in a row which is inexcusable. Letting them win again might save them by giving them Champions League money, we cant let that happen! If we did get 15mil for Hooper what is there to say that his replacement (even a big money signing using the money) would come straight in and do as well as he is.

We have no money problems and the player is happy and openly said he wants to stay, we can ask for whatever price we want as the league title is more important than the money right now. Whilst the board like having a nice bonus at the end of the year they know that if they let Hooper go and we do lose the league that they will be run out of the club.

I think the highest fee is around the 9m mark. McGeady, Hutton and Craig Gordon are all around that mark. I think it all boils down to future fee's etc etc

Hutton went for £11m (including add-ons probably), McGeady went for £10.5m (including add-ons) and Craig Gordon went for £9.5m.

The price that Lennon quoted for Hooper was obviously tongue-in-cheek and was a simple remark to basically say "you want him, then you'll have to pay a stupid price for him and you can keep your insulting £2m and £4m attempts." And let's face it - clubs in England are willing to pay stupid amounts for players - £35m for Carroll; £50m for Torres. So if a club wants Hooper for £35m I'm sure that Lennon would accept it but until then he's saying mitts off :D

Hutton went for £11m (including add-ons probably), McGeady went for £10.5m (including add-ons) and Craig Gordon went for £9.5m.

The price that Lennon quoted for Hooper was obviously tongue-in-cheek and was a simple remark to basically say "you want him, then you'll have to pay a stupid price for him and you can keep your insulting £2m and £4m attempts." And let's face it - clubs in England are willing to pay stupid amounts for players - £35m for Carroll; £50m for Torres. So if a club wants Hooper for £35m I'm sure that Lennon would accept it but until then he's saying mitts off :D

4M for Hooper is a fair offer for a limited forward like Hooper.

4M for Hooper is a fair offer for a limited forward like Hooper.
funny-dog-pictures-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

I have heard a few people criticise Hooper, but limited forward? come on Kris, seriously? Same limited forward that is in the top 5 for assists in the league? Same limited forward that managed to get 3 goals in 6 games in Europe this season? Try harder Kris!

funny-dog-pictures-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

I have heard a few people criticise Hooper, but limited forward? come on Kris, seriously? Same limited forward that is in the top 5 for assists in the league? Same limited forward that managed to get 3 goals in 6 games in Europe this season? Try harder Kris!

Calm down Shay! I wasn't trying to bait you, I was being serious. Perhaps limited was harsh though. He doesn’t have a great deal of pace, no aerial ability, he isn’t really someone who could hold the ball up & isn’t the most athletic of footballers. He is a great finisher and has excellent composure but that’s often not enough at the top level.

He would more than likely do a job in the championship but with Southampton top of the league and looking for promotion, would you really want to pay more than 4m for someone who might not cut it in the Premiership?

I’m not sure where you are getting your stats from? But the top 5 assists in the league are as below...

Steven Davis 10
David Templeton 8
Anthony Stokes 8
Nicky Law 7
Jonathan Hayes 6

Hooper has 5 (same as Jelavic) , which is pretty good considering his 12 goals and his link up play with Stokes is proven by Stokes 8 assists and 9 goals.

He has scored goals in Europe as you said so maybe he would succeed; I don’t see him doing it at the top level though.

P.S I did notice this while trying to find the statistics for assists. Look at the top shooters in the league, no sign of Hooper who is the 2nd top scorer in the league. I’d love to see his conversion rate.

Nikica Jelavic 62 35
Anthony Stokes 58 28
Jon Daly 41 21
Paul McGowan 41 25
Steven Thompson 35 17
Kyle Lafferty 35 24
Michael Higdon 34 18
James Forrest 34 20
Garry O'Connor 34 21
Kenny Mclean 34 19
Greg Tansey 33 13
Jonathan Hayes 33 18

SPL Stats | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances

Calm down Shay! I wasn't trying to bait you, I was being serious. Perhaps limited was harsh though. He doesn’t have a great deal of pace, no aerial ability, he isn’t really someone who could hold the ball up & isn’t the most athletic of footballers. He is a great finisher and has excellent composure but that’s often not enough at the top level.

He would more than likely do a job in the championship but with Southampton top of the league and looking for promotion, would you really want to pay more than 4m for someone who might not cut it in the Premiership?

I’m not sure where you are getting your stats from? But the top 5 assists in the league are as below...

Steven Davis 10
David Templeton 8
Anthony Stokes 8
Nicky Law 7
Jonathan Hayes 6

Hooper has 5 (same as Jelavic) , which is pretty good considering his 12 goals and his link up play with Stokes is proven by Stokes 8 assists and 9 goals.

He has scored goals in Europe as you said so maybe he would succeed; I don’t see him doing it at the top level though.

P.S I did notice this while trying to find the statistics for assists. Look at the top shooters in the league, no sign of Hooper who is the 2nd top scorer in the league. I’d love to see his conversion rate.

Nikica Jelavic 62 35
Anthony Stokes 58 28
Jon Daly 41 21
Paul McGowan 41 25
Steven Thompson 35 17
Kyle Lafferty 35 24
Michael Higdon 34 18
James Forrest 34 20
Garry O'Connor 34 21
Kenny Mclean 34 19
Greg Tansey 33 13
Jonathan Hayes 33 18

SPL Stats | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances

Jumped on you a bit over nothing, my bad!

I agree for long distances his pace is average but over 10yards his pace is frightening tbh. He can hold the ball up well. I didnt think he would be able to put at times when we have played him up top on his own he has been great holding the ball up waiting on the support to arrive. He is surprisingly strong.

He has already proven he can be a top Championship striker even when with a bottom team like Scunthorpe. Why would he go back to that. Prem teams where after him when we signed him so surly proving himself in another league as well is in Europe cn only increase the premiership demand for him. Swansea payed near 4mil for Graham who isnt as qualified as Hooper and is older.

My bad again with the assists but as you said it is still a good record.

This season Hooper has had 19shots and 12 goal.
Last season he had 25shots and 20 goals.

Scottish Premier League Scores, News, Stats, Fixtures and Tables - ESPN Soccernet

Status
Not open for further replies.