Sam94

Reaction score
View attachment 319427

Well well well! its been a long time since i have been on fm base, most people will remember me as "SammyJH94" or others may not know me at all but i use to be a regular on the forums here and im looking to get back into fm and i thought why not post it all up here for you guys to see! Now i have only played around 4 hours so far on fm15 as ive not really had the chance to really grind in and have a good go at it but thought id try a completely new league with a team that's probably considered just outside the title race and ill try work my magic and create a strong side that becomes a dangerous threat across Europe.

Club History

View attachment 319420
View attachment 319419
View attachment 319417

You might be thinking why Sporting? they are arguably one of if not the most successful team in Portugal which is true as they boast a impressive trophy cabinet but if you look in the last 10 years or so they have won very little which pushed me even more to bring them back to the top and the added challenge i know very little about there team/players.

Transfer / Wage Budget

View attachment 319415

Hopefully can work my way around bringing in / selling if needed to re-shape my team and begin making it my own.

Team Formation

View attachment 319411

Opted for the 4-1-2-2-1 as i usually always run this sort of style on fm and hopefully it works out well with the squad i have at the minute.

Squad / Key Players

View attachment 319410

With an average age of 24 and some nice looking players the team at first glance looks better than i was expecting so next step will be to spot the weak points and try and improve along with working with my promising youngsters to bring out the best in them.

View attachment 319408
View attachment 319407
View attachment 319406

Nani, Patricio and Carvalho are all players i know and feel will be key for us throughout with the season along with a few more that look solid that i look forward to playing with, very excited to get improving the younger players as well with the likes of Ryan Gauld, William Carvalho and Cedric.

Thanks for reading the intro of what will hopefully be an exciting save for you guys to follow as well as for me to play as im excited to get this one started and finally get fired into this years fm at long last! let me know what you guys think of a Sporting save and if your looking forward to following etc! all comments are also greatly appreciated, cheers!

Last edited:
Pre-Season

View attachment 319250

Pre-Season for me was just all about sorting out my tactics along with trying to bring in a few players as well as getting familiar with my players and getting ready for the season beginning, lets see how it all went..

Results

View attachment 319249

I didn't care much for the friendly matches so i let my assistant take charge in them while i sorted out other stuff in the club but as you can see it could of gone better with a real mix and match of results but with no real danger or obvious changes i wasn't going to get too worries about it.

Transfers

View attachment 319248

Like i said before the team looked decent at first glance but with no real eye catching loan options available i had to dig into my already small budget and grab these 2 center backs as we only had two of them to begin with, no real changes with players leaving but i will push on with it later next month (mainly loans going out).
Also recruited a few new coaches including Paul Scholes and Ronald De Boer.

View attachment 319247

View attachment 319246

Other News

No real changes with the results and transfers although young starlet Ryan Gauld broke his foot as soon as i took charge and with the start of the season round the corner he will still miss around 2-3 months of football. Other title contenders Benfica and FC Porto got joint favorites to win the league with the likes of myself and Braga outsiders but that's not surprise given the top two teams and the players both Porto and Benfica have added will make it a tough challenge to challenge for the title.

The first month of the season will be a short one with only 3 teams that im hoping we can take advantage of and start the season strong.

View attachment 319243

Last edited:
August

View attachment 319238

August was a very short month with only 3 games but a very important one as we had many key players injured especially in our midfield, it was also the curtain raiser for the league and the draw for the CL Group stages which we were 3rd seeded along with the likes of Liverpool and Dortmund.

Results

vs Arouca

View attachment 319235

Given the clear difference in class a 1-0 win wasn't exactly the best results in a game we dominated throughout but given its the first of the season i was happy just to pick up all 3 points in this one.

vs Braga

View attachment 319234

Great result against one of the few teams actually pushing for a top 3 spot, was favored to be a close game but as you can see we ran away clear victors in what was a top class performance and a debut goal for new defender Gurpegi was a nice touch.

vs Maritimo

View attachment 319233

Another win to finish of a good month, not the biggest challenge like the first game but we won more comfortable with a one man show from Slimani.

CL Group Draw

Well we may have started well in the league but we will have a much bigger challenge on our hands in group G..

View attachment 319232View attachment 319231View attachment 728834

One of if not the toughest drawn group this year, ill be happy finishing 3rd on this one.

Upcoming...

View attachment 319230

Almost double the games this week with another 3 league games we should be able to win and we start our journey in the CL in what will be a very interesting group to be apart of as we will now have to mix and match our squad for both competitions and manage the already growing injury list, oh the joys...

A very good start to the season indeed, especially that convincing win against Braga! Bad luck in the Champions League but I would say aiming for a third place spot behind Roma and Bayern should be doable. Good luck!

A very good start to the season indeed, especially that convincing win against Braga! Bad luck in the Champions League but I would say aiming for a third place spot behind Roma and Bayern should be doable. Good luck!

Yeah hopefully third spot we can secure and then go down and have a go at europa league! will be a tough 6 games..

September

View attachment 319138

After a positive start for us we went into this month kicking off our group in the CL which was even tougher than i was expecting along with trying to keep our winning form going in the league with the added midweek games along with injuries.

Results

vs Boavista

View attachment 319135

Started off this month with yet another win but we had to work hard for it infornt of our fans after a needless foul gave away the lead and all our momentum was shattered but after the break we came out looking much better and managed to grab all 3 points in what was a much tougher match than it should of been.

vs Roma

View attachment 319134

Came into this one expecting to get ran over from kick off but i was surprised after a first half we actually played much better and should of scored 3-4 goals but of course the gods of fm were looking over and Roma totally destroyed us second half and ran out deserved winners in the end.

vs Vit. Guimaraes

View attachment 319133

After my first loss and some changes in the squad we had yet another tough game, taking us almost 70 minutes to break the deadlock but we played well throughout and i was happy we bounced straight back after the midweek game.

vs Academica

View attachment 319132

Another 3 points in the bag after another win to keep up the impressive start to the season for us.

vs Shakhtar

View attachment 319131

Really annoyed at this one as we were all over them and it was vital for us to pick up the 3 points given our home advantage so with 4 games left it will be a real struggle for 3rd place, showing me even more how tough the competition is and how much improving is still to be done.

League Table

View attachment 319130

Good start in league but cant get carried away as there is still many more games to come! (will show Grp G in next post)

Upcoming...

View attachment 319129

Slightly less straining month which is looking promising for us to continue our good start in the league and also a big match against the German giants that we can hopefully cause an upset with home crowd behind us!

Good start in the league, the Shaktar result however is going to make things in Europe considerably tougher. Still securing a good result in Ukraine isn't impossible.

Good start in the league, the Shaktar result however is going to make things in Europe considerably tougher. Still securing a good result in Ukraine isn't impossible.

Thanks man, yeah home against Roma is a must win now, will be tough last 4 games.

October

View attachment 318865

This month we had a visit from the German giants Bayern which we desperately had to try and get something out of as well as trying to keep our impressive league start going strong.

Results

vs Moreirense

View attachment 318863

Good start to the month to add another 3 points on to the table and keep our momentum going in what was a rather one sided game as obvious above.

vs Lourinhanense

View attachment 318861

Toughest game yet.

vs Bayern Munich

View attachment 318860

Ahhh! another home group game we could of and should of bagged all 3 points, was a real back and fourth this one but we wasted a few key chances and Neuer made a triple save in injury time which was the most amazing goalkeeping ive ever seen on fm! but cant complain with 1 point given who we are against here home or away.

vs Penafiel

View attachment 318858

After a real go at the German champions this was a real difference in class but we somehow struggled to take our chances and kill the game but luckily Carrillo saved us the blushes with a real classy individual goal to steal all 3 points.

Tables

View attachment 318857
View attachment 318856

Upcoming...

View attachment 318855

Back to 6 games this month with two crucial CL group matches, hopefully we can spare a heavy defeat to Bayern and get a home win against Roma which is a must really especially given the last game is against Shakhtar away who we are fighting for 3rd spot, another average cup match which will be good to rotate some fresh legs and with Ryan Gauld back from injury get him back to full fitness. Still not hit Benfica or Porto yet so hopefully we can continue our solid start to the season even with the tighter schedule.

November

View attachment 318841

Tough month on paper with the CL group stage in full swing and two very important games that will make or brake our chances for 3rd place. Also 4th Rnd cup match along with a few weak opponents on paper to try get past and keep up our 100% record in the league.

Results

vs Gil Vicente

View attachment 318839

Started strong in this one but got carried away and gave away a goal from a counter attack, worked well to get back in control and keep pushing for the winning goal in a game where the difference in teams really showed.

vs Bayern Munich

View attachment 318838

i knew chances of winning this were 1/100 and after a not to shabby first half i would of been happy with just a 1-0 defeat to try save our GD a bit but Bayern showed there class and pushed us even more and managed to grab 3 more in what was a shocking second half defensively.

vs Belenenses

View attachment 318837

After our 4-0 thrashing we didnt come into this game the same as we usually do, we had a rather slow start and didn't really have the edge in attack we really do so to come out winners we were lucky in some ways but Belenenses created very little also and showed no real threat but the first league game this season that we really looked off our game.

vs Nacional De Madeira

View attachment 318836

Changed up side for this home match but after a shaky game the week before we looked much better with a weaker side with youngster Gauld grabbing his first goal for the club after coming back from a lengthy injury on the sidelines which was a nice touch but goalkeeper Rui Patricio has picked up and injury and will miss a month of action which is the biggest loss we could of possibly gotten.

vs Roma

View attachment 318835

It was a must win to stand any chance of finishing third but old man Totti comes back and haunts us again, was close to throwing my pc out the window with this one as our CL bad luck continues, amazing first half dominated in every area by us but a counter attack by them out of nowhere leading to the equalizer changed the whole mood of the game and they went on to push and push, Montero grabbed us a goal on 88 minutes that the ref flagged for offside and they went straight up and scored to put us out the group stage with one game left.... i love this game.

vs Nacional De Madeira

View attachment 318834

After just playing 8 days before and putting this lot out the cup i wasn't expecting much especially as it was another home game that we could attack them much more in but after a missed penalty from ourselves the game turned into a 50/50 battle for possession and chances so to come out this game with just 1 goal scored was a big enough suprise but i was very relived to have gotten it and have some luck on our side after the Roma game midweek that we will never ever talk about ever ever again.

Tables

View attachment 318833
View attachment 318832

Keeping up the good form but Benfica and Porto really arent far behind which is making me realise how much of a difference in class there is between them and the rest of the teams in the league, as for the CL Group... no comment.

Squad Overview

Since i havent been doing player of the month as i usually do in my stories ive decided that after every 2-3 months ill do "Squad Overview" where i will basically just comment and give my views and my team and how well i think individual players are doing/who is playing best for us and it will let you guys who follow stay up to date on them all, lets get on to it!

Andre Carrillo - Given our key player at the beginning of the season was Nani, Carrillo has always came in and got the job done and it progressively getting more and more game time as he is really starting to impress me on the right side as an inside forward and at only 23 he has room to grow and become even better.

Adrien - I think in real life Adrien is regarded a key player for Sporting and he is also Vice Captain but he has been very disappointing in the save so far and is on the second choice almost always but he is only 25 and has some solid stats so im hoping he can turn his form around otherwise i may have to let him go at the end of the season.

Rui Patricio - One of the players mentioned to really have a big say in our results and he has been playing solid so far, a few shaky moments but overall been playing great which is an even bigger shame that he got injured this month and will miss around a months action which is an even bigger blow for us.

Mauricio - Given CB was probably our weakest position at beginning of the season and probably still looking shaky in terms of quality, Mauricio has really surprised me putting in great performances after another and really established himself as the heart of our defense, im hoping he can keep up his consistency throughout this season.

Jonathan Silva - In the same situation as Mauricio, surprised me with his performances and at only 20 years old he will become a star at the club.

Nani - Probably on paper the best in the team and at the start of the season he showed why but as the weeks have gone on he has slowly becoming worse and not really carrying the cutting edge he had at the start which is starting to become a worry but luckily we have Carrillo as back up and im hopeful Nani will bounce back soon.

Islam Slimani - Exact same situation as Nani, started off amazing and slowly but surely having no real effect in matches and as he is our best forward and scoring machine and hoping its just a bump in form and he will be banging the goals in again soon!

Upcoming...

View attachment 318828

In many ways im much more glad we are out the CL and this is our final group match as i can now focus on the league and cups, another big month of games especially against Benfica which is our first against the big two and given our recent form we should be strong favorites against the rest.

December

View attachment 318602

With January fast approaching we closed the curtain on our unfortunate CL run and opened up a new one which is the League Cup 3rd Group Phase in a group stage knockout like phase... and i thought id seen enough of a group already this season. We also had our first real tough test in the league against unbeaten Benfica and our 100% record was on the line in what should be a big game come the end of the season, we also will be the whole month without our key player and goalkeeper Rui Patricio.

Results

vs Benfica

View attachment 318601

As annoyed as i was we lost this one i cant complain too much as we were second best all over the park and although our stand in keeper made countless amazing saves Benfica deserved the win and sends our 100% record in the league crashing down, atleast we lost it to the league champions which i cant be too mad about.

vs Rio Ave

View attachment 318600

Little nervous after our defeat going into this but we did what had to be done playing some nice football, our stand in goalkeeper gave away a very very soft goal though which was a real shame after the amount of top class saves he made against Benfica.

vs Shakhtar

View attachment 318599

Not much needed to say here, put on a much weaker side to keep the key players fresh for the weekend games, im only hoping the guys who did play dont feel too much of a morale hit after the loss.

vs Academica

View attachment 318595

First upset of the season really which feels weird to say as we are now in December which is even more of a shock given how consistent we have been but at the end of the day we were really poor and its extra frustrating given i rested many players midweek for the game, bad day at the office i guess.

vs Vit. Setubal

View attachment 318594

Solid performance for the home fans, was raring to go here after the shock defeat last game, sorta backed off a little though after our second goal before 15 minutes but solid defensively and the win gave us back our confidence boost we lost.

vs Nacional da Madeira

View attachment 318593

Our second upset in 2 weeks, horrible way for us to kick off the League Cup Group, overall it was a rather boring game with very little chances as our strikers continue to git all time low forms which up until this game wasn't an issue as others were finding the net, more relieved it was a slip up in the cup and not a league game though.

Tables

View attachment 318592
View attachment 318590

After out first loss Benfica slipped up to a draw elsewhere and we are still sitting in 1st, as for the CL.. that was one to forget.

Money to Spend!?

As im coming into January the board came to me with the option to change my goals for the season so i bumped it up to title challenge to give us a fair whack of money to spend + the added amount from CL, will probably buy and sell 2-3 players as we need a more promising centre back and definitely a striker that can bang us in a handful of goals to help push us on in the league as Montero and Slimani are pants at the moment.

View attachment 318589

Upcoming...

View attachment 318588

After a shaky month with 4 losses from 6 im really hoping i can add 1-2 players to help us push on and we can quickly turn around our form back to being more consistent which shouldn't be to hard now we are out the CL and Taca De Portugal, and after opening up this month against Benfica away we now have Porto this month away... will all be worth it though when i have them at the end of the season both at home, which could be vital in deciding the title winner.

January

View attachment 317669

Big month as we come into the second half of the season and try get some business done in the transfer market! also kicking off this month against a very in-form Porto side and injuries take there tole with Nani missing the whole month and my goalkeeper Patricio out again and missed 2-3 weeks of the month and even more bad news with Slimani is away on international duty at the African cup of nations so we must rely on Montero for the foreseeable future.

Transfers

View attachment 317666

Didnt go to crazy as i was rather happy with my squad given im only competing in League cup and still challenging for the title, all departures were on loan as you can see.

Martin Odegaard - Like 99% of people know this young 15 year old and i felt i should pick him up and see what all the gossip is about, will keep him and slowly try work him into the first team as there is many weak teams in the league so its a bonus i can rotate my younger players more.

Eric Dier - Although i signed 2 cb's in the summer i felt i needed a younger player who i can rely on a bit more and Dier was a great steal as his stats are solid and he should really improve our defense and be a big help for the second half of the season.

Kristoffer Ajer - At only 16 he looks like an amazing talent and will no doubt be a star in the future but as for the moment ive loaned him back out to the club he is currently at and he will join us next season.

Results

vs FC Porto

View attachment 317662

Close game but they get the vital win infront of there home fans, cant complain to much really as im more just looking forward to play Porto and Benfica at the end of the season in front of our fans.

vs P.Ferreira

View attachment 317661

Great way to bounce back after what was a tough defeat last week so was nice to see the team react so well and put on a show for our fans in a dominant victory.

vs Belenenses

View attachment 317656

Pick up our well needed first 3 points in the group phase after our poor start, hopefully we can now push on and qualify to the next stage in the only competition we are left in.

vs Arouca

View attachment 317654

Score line dosent do us justice in what was another game we totally dominated, not sure if i should be worried we failed to score from so many chances or be happy for brushing aside yet another team so easily.

vs Braga

View attachment 317652

Wasnt sure how Braga would play in this one especially after i was expecting a tough match last time and destroyed them 4-0 but this time round wasn't so much different after a solid win and performance from Monetero who has really impressed with more pressure to deliver this month.

vs Vit. Guimaraes

View attachment 317645

Another win in the League Cup in what was a surprising start when we went a goal down out of nowhere after having some key chances but our form came through again and we went on to get another win and add another 3 points on to our group.

Tables

View attachment 317641
View attachment 317640

Upcoming...

View attachment 317639

Had to rush the post a bit as im cut for time but please let me know what you guys think of the story with a like or a comment as its always nice to know people are enjoying it! and i probably wont post till after Christmas now just with how busy i am just now so hope you all enjoy your Christmas! and ill be posting again soon after.

Turns out to be a quiet Christmas for me so ive been playing fm and advance a bit further than i realised so will post up February and March on the same post later on today!

Febuary, March & April

View attachment 317135
As you can tell from the title ive got a little carried away with the save lately so decided ill just do the last 3 months results all in this one post, see it as a late Christmas present for those who enjoy reading this save haha!

Results

View attachment 317134

So its been going pretty well from were i last updated you guys, only real disappointment was we failed to finish first in our group in the league cup so we are now only fighting for the league and have been knocked out all cups we were competing in.

Table

View attachment 317133

Only 4 games to go and its closer than its ever been with only ourselves and Porto in with a chance of 1st place and guess who we are playing next.. no not Moreirense you fool! Porto!

Squad Overview (In order of Avg Rat)

View attachment 317130

Adrien still hasn't impressed even after begging for another chance, i gave him a run in the first team for a month and he was pathetic tbh which is annoying as statistically hes probably the best midfielder here, Ryan Gauld and Carrillo in the other hand have been amazing along with the top 5-6 on the list there although we are playing well, winning loads and surprising many critics to be title challenging i still feel the urge that i have to improve alot of the team in the Summer.

Upcoming...

View attachment 317127

This is what its all about only 4 games left with the most important game of the season against Porto next it will surely decide the title winner.

Great save so far, unlucky in the Champions League but it was a tough group!

Keep it up. :)

May (End Of Season)

View attachment 316646
Well this was it, make or brake time with 4 games left and neck and neck with Porto for first place, lets get straight to it!

Results

View attachment 316645

Final Standings

View attachment 316644

YES! after a shaky last month or two and really having to grind out the matches we managed to just about keep our cool and win by only 2 points to take it right to the last game of the season, wish we finished the season stronger than we did but cant complain as we won the title first time of asking which at the beginning i honestly wasn't aiming for 1st place or expecting to pull it off.

Awards (Our Team)

Best Goalkeeper - Rui Patricio (3rd)

Central Defender of the Year - Carlos Gurpegi (2nd)

Fullback of The Year - Cedric (1st)

Most Player of The Match - Andre Carrillo (1st) (7)

Player of The Year - Andre Carrillo (2nd)

Team of the Year - Gurpegi, Cedric and Carrillo

Top Goalscorer - Fredy Montero (3rd) (17)

Young Player of the Year - Ryan Gauld (1st)

Season Review

Very happy overall that we won the title and can now try and push on to make that 1st spot our own as well as make a push in the champions league after a poor debut for me this year and try win some more silverware as well after a rather poor and unlucky go at the cups available to us.

Been busy so the end of season post is much more plain than id of liked but have decided i will do updates after every 2-3 months or so rather than one every month as i usually get carried away and feel the need to stop for an update which sometimes feels like a drag, but let me know what you guys thought of our season and if your enjoying it as ive had a blast playing the first season and really enjoying the team.