Great season! Won the title against all odds there with such a young squad!

Hopefully you can continue to develop the youngsters and become a force in Europe.

I understand where you're coming from with your footer, I often play a month or two ahead of my updates and it can be frustrating having to go back, especially with the detail in mine..But it's great!

Great story Sam, keep at it. :)

Great season! Won the title against all odds there with such a young squad!

Hopefully you can continue to develop the youngsters and become a force in Europe.

I understand where you're coming from with your footer, I often play a month or two ahead of my updates and it can be frustrating having to go back, especially with the detail in mine..But it's great!

Great story Sam, keep at it. :)

Cheers Werrett, yeah they have such a younger team than i was expecting and all the players are on such a low wage which is nice.

yeah recently just saw your story and its been a great read :)!

Cheers Werrett, yeah they have such a younger team than i was expecting and all the players are on such a low wage which is nice.

yeah recently just saw your story and its been a great read :)!

Appreciate that! It's a long read though, sometimes a bit too much detail!

Be interesting to see how Ryan Gauld develops for you. :)

Pre-Season & August

View attachment 316189

Well after the success of last season winning the league i knew id have to try add some players to the team to make sure we hold down 1st and make it our own as well as make a better attempt in other competitions, we also had the Supertaca to kick of our season and give us a chance of another title and good morale boost to start the season.

Transfers

View attachment 316176

Totally messed up in the summer signing Babacar for like more than half our kitty when i don't even need him really! and after failing to reacquire Eric Dier i opted for Zouma who is a solid centre back don't get me wrong but with a fee of around 1.4m to have him the whole year i should of really looked elsewhere, in terms of players leaving i sold a couple who came back from loans and kept 1-2 as cover but all the players i tried to sell just couldn't seem to attract interest so ill have to try again in January, but overall its a transfer period ill be forgetting about sooner rather than later...awful!

Results

View attachment 316185

So as you can see it was a rather straight forward pre season campaign along with a positive start to the season, adding our first title before the season kicked off which was a nice add.

Supertaca

View attachment 316181

Great result to start of our season strong in what was a dominant performance, defended very well forcing them to take many of there chances from long range and with the possession slightly in there favor we did good work of counter attacks and punish them on the break.

Squad Overview

View attachment 316173

Good start with a few standouts already including Montero and Carrillo but with some bad news both Johnathan Silva and Andre Martins want to leave, i wasn't fussed about Martins as i tried to sell him anyway so shoved him in the U19 but hopefully Silva dosent come back and ask again in January as he is a key player here and is in my long term plans.

September & October

View attachment 315872

Well after our poor business in the transfer window the only good thing we could take from it was the fact i had a bigger squad to choose from in what will be a tight fixture list as we also kicked off our CL group hoping to do better than last year which we know didn't go to well.. and after the morale boost from the Supertaca we look to push on and keep up our impressive league run of 28 games unbeaten.

Champions League

View attachment 315871

Forgot to include the draw in the last post. Given our tough group last year where we finished dead last with not even a win you could say its been a bit kinder this time around with 2nd place very much up for grabs, a top 3 finish is my aim and i think its very doable!

Fixtures

View attachment 315868

Some big matches in the past 2 months, dropped 2 points at home against title challengers Porto which was disappointing and we also grabbed our first win in the champions league in a hard fought 3-2 home win which i was delighted about, our impressive league form continues so overall a rather pleasing month with our only loss coming against R.Madrid in a match we honestly deserved atleast a point from but got punished for wasting our chances, 7-2-1 rather solid.

Tables

View attachment 315867

Already creating a gap at the top as Porto and Benfica have made more slip ups than expected which is great for us but there is still a long way to go so ill be looking to just keep adding as much of a gap as possible.

View attachment 315866

Well halfway point in the group we are right in the thick of things, amazing improvement from last year already.

Squad Overview

View attachment 315863

After an impressive 2 months some new faces have pushed on looking impressive including Cedric, Savitskiy and Odegaard with the likes of Silva and Zouma still playing very well, Wilson Eduardo who came back from loan has expressed his desire to leave for first team football but went publicly and damaged the morale of a few players which wasn't so good for us but he will be leaving in January as i also look to try and get rid of the likes of Tanaka and Labyad, Adrien might also go as he is still so poor again like last season and our Young player of the year Gauld has started of very poorly.

November & December

View attachment 315330

12 games between these two months and with Mortens injured for a month we counted on Babacar to step up and also Carrillo was out for a couple of weeks so Mane had to step in and he even got injured himself for a few weeks so i was almost crying at this point and with BOTH yes BOTH of our center mids, Mario and Adrien also injured young Odegaard had to step in for more games than expected with some big games including Benfica in the league and Porto in the cup along with our fight to try and get a top 3 finish in our CL group with the 3 games remaining, speaking of our CL group lets see how we finished the group stages..

Champions League

View attachment 315329

Some great results here with the standout being the huge shock at Madrid not only grabbing a point but scoring 3 goals and a vital away match in turkey were Fenerbahce gave away 2 penalties yet again!

View attachment 315320

Great improvement from last time, was aiming for top 3 so to get through the group stage is very pleasing and im hoping we can slowly push on in the champions league for years to come to its the start of something positive, as for the last 16 there wasn't going to be much if any easy teams to be up against...

View attachment 315319

I guess you could say the draw could have been much kinder but you gotta just take it as they come i guess.

Results

View attachment 315318

Great results with our CL group which is already covered as well as beating bitter rivals Porto and Benfica for the very first time within weeks of each other and given the amount of injuries to our key players and we only lost to Madrid im very very happy with the form of the team, couldn't be better really.

Tables

View attachment 315317

View attachment 315316

Keeping strong in the league as it looks like nobody can catch us going into January! kick off the league cup with a rather straight forward group although it looked that way last time around and we ended up getting knocked out so its so important we win all 4 of our games here as id like to win some more titles this season.

Squad Overview

View attachment 315309

The likes of Babacar, Mane and Odegaard have all stepped up to the plate and came into the team when needed for backup and played amazing, same goes for the likes of Zouma and Patricio and a few others who continue to be the stand out key players for us, great to see our 3 new signing playing key parts for us this season and hopefully if we sing any in January they come in and have the same impact.

For the people wondering i haven't stopped the story, ive just not really been positing on here as there hasn't been much interest so its more a waste of time to put the time in to post it all up, im nearly at the end of my second season though so will probably do like a brief update from January till the end of the season in a few days.

January & Febuary

View attachment 313510

Huge start to the new year with transfers, (dont get excited) 15 games in January and February including our 1st Leg Knockout match against Man City and rounding up the League Cup along with the Semi Finals.

Transfers

View attachment 313492

Nothing crazy which im not sure about as after the window shut i still had like 6.5m just sitting there, but offloaded a few players who aren't in my plans and Jefferson decided to cause a stir with like a week to go and basically threatened me about leaving so i had to sell him for being a mug and brought in Jose Angel till the end of the season as backup in his position along with youngster Kristoffer Ajer finally joining after his loan spell with his former club finished, In terms of future transfers Diego Capel is leaving on a free at the end of the season which wasnt my choice as he is a good player but id of liked to have gotten money for him but he didnt want a new contract and veteran Gurpegi and my other defender Reginiussen both want to leave at the end of the season for more playing time and to return home, in terms of coming in Matias Kranevitter from River will join on a free at the end of the season which is a great steal as i wanted him anyway, although this transfer window was rather quiet its going to be so much busier in the summer as with players leaving/offloading i will be forced into signing more rather than by choice.

View attachment 313466
View attachment 313460

---

League Cup

View attachment 313506

View attachment 313505

As you can see we are playing well this time round and surpassed last years disappointment by being knocked out in the group, its been rather straight forward with the quality of opponents and looks no different for the final so ill be expecting this cup come the end of the season now we are in the final.

---

Results

View attachment 313502

14-1-0 in all competitions, the record is almost as perfect as me but cant all have what we want! some big games with a good point away to Porto and a big win against Man City to be in the driving seat for the away leg but they cant count themselves so lucky it was only 1 we dominated the match!

View attachment 313463

---

League Table

View attachment 313462

Cant have any complaints really.

---

Squad Overview

View attachment 313461

Savitskiy has been great for us and it make me sad knowing he is so cheap at the start of the game, hopefully Gauld starts to perform next season as Savitskiy and Capel will be leaving, Babacar is out for around 4-5 weeks which is very bad news given Montero and Sliamni aren't really playing well at all. Ajer and Angel have started off rather well and im excited to develop Ajer and see how well he can become for us, i have high hopes.

Just curious as to if people are still following as like most people no point in posting if nobody is reading! not to fussed about getting comments but just drop us a like on this or reply if you could so i know its worth still posting the story out to you guys! would be much appreciated! cheers lads.

I'm following & i'm sure others out there are too. Sometimes it is discouraging when you don't get any responses but if you're enjoying doing it then just keep it up.

At times my story has gone on a while with no response but i'm loving the save so i keep it going.

That's my advice anyways :)

Keep going there my friend ! I 've just finished reading it ! Allways find stories about teams from Portugal very very interesting and entertaining !

Keep going there my friend ! I 've just finished reading it ! Allways find stories about teams from Portugal very very interesting and entertaining !

Thanks man, appreciate your feedback! glad your enjoying it.

Very interesting story, a nice simple layout and I'm glad to see you're doing well. Keep it up mate, just waiting for the next update...

Just curious as to if people are still following as like most people no point in posting if nobody is reading! not to fussed about getting comments but just drop us a like on this or reply if you could so i know its worth still posting the story out to you guys! would be much appreciated! cheers lads.

This is a really good story mate! Awesome win over Citeh too, hope you go through.

View attachment 312590

Another long but important 2 months as we get closer and closer to the end of the season, we had the second leg against City in the last 16 along with the 1st leg of the semi finals in the Taca de Portugal and of course the League Cup final against P.Ferreira.

Champions League

View attachment 312585

As you can see we actually knocked City out the Last 16 and went on to reach the Semi-Finals in what is only my second season in charge and considering we didn't even get past the Group Stage last year this was amazing! very chuffed to have gotten so far.

Results

View attachment 312565

Although we went crashing out the CL after a very impressive run we are going even stronger in the league and cups after adding another cup to the cabinet in a hard fought win and also sitting in the driving seat for our 2nd leg in the Taca de Portugal, with our unbeaten run in the league now up to 51 games.

League Cup Final

View attachment 312562

Harder than i was expecting but the win was all the mattered to me and we managed to get through it and after the match i received this message...

View attachment 312561

League Table

View attachment 312559

As you can expect from our amazing form we were crowned the league winners in March only 25 games into the season which just showed our amazing form now over 50 games unbeaten.

Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 312558

And thanks for all the feedback on the story guys glad your enjoying it!

View attachment 312432

Well after a totally dominant performance in the league winning it very early along with the impressive CL run and won the double so far with the League Cup already won we only had the Taca de Portugal left up for grabs along with trying to finish the season unbeaten, lets see how it went!

Taca de Portugal

View attachment 312431

Yes! we went on to beat a strong Benfica team and close rivals also which made the win even more satisfying to grab the treble and wrap up an amazing season.

Results

View attachment 312429

Well along with our Taca de Portugal success we finished the season unbeaten in the league which to me was an amazing achievement and i really didn't expect to go the whole season unbeaten.

Table

View attachment 312428

Squad Overview

View attachment 312427

Many star performers this season some for parts of the season like Babacar, Slimani and Angel and some key players for the success for the whole season like Zouma, Savitskiy, Silva and Patircio but apart from a few players im still trying to sell i was happy with the squad i had and the options although with a handful leaving ill be hoping to make some good moves in the summer and bring in some solid players.

Pre-Season

View attachment 311847

We went into our 3rd season high on confidence and big expectations given how well we did last season so as expected we did a fair bit of transfers coming and going with some players im very excited to try and develop here and along with that we also had the Supertaca to kick off the season against Benfica as we try win it for the second year in a row.

Transfers

View attachment 311846

Actually surprised i held on to pretty much all my key players, many big teams were rumored to come in for many of my key players but like 90% came to nothing but both Babacar and Marucio are 2 solid players but as i don't regard them vital i was happy to receive 17.5m for both which let me really get to work and bring in some players. Montero was aging and i decided to cash in on him as Diego Rubio has been impressive on loan the past 2 season and Slimani will stay a year or two more so i was happy to receive the extra transfer money, Gurpegi had been unsettled for a while so i kept my promise to him and let him go.

With the players we brought in i was very happy to ****** up such great players that are still very young and i believe will improve our team straight away and improve so much in the future..

Jose Luis Gaya/ Jose Maria Gimenez - Both came in on loan, Gaya had amazing potential and i actually wanted to bring him here permanently but a season loan was the best i could do and as for Gimenez he was a perfect choice for more quality in defence after an impressive loan spell with Benfica and Celtic he is someone i may also eventually look to sign with so much to give at only 21.

Matias Kranevitter/ Emanuel Mammana - Both came from River as we already knew about Kranevitter arriving after i managed to grab him on a steal which was an amazing buy, as for Mammana im exited i managed to bring him in as i had been trying since the begnning of last season and feel he will add alot to our defense for years to come given his young age and he is already a great talent.

Stefano Denswil - Another defensive player to keep our defense solid, naturally a left back but is just as comfortable at center back which is even better for us, was surprised i didn't have to pay more given Ajax regarded him as a key player and there Vice-Captain.

Luka Jovic/ Andrija Zivkovic - Probably the two players im very chuffed i managed to bring, both are young and have amazing potential, they will no doubt became stars here, well that's the dream...

View attachment 311839View attachment 311838View attachment 311837View attachment 311836View attachment 311835View attachment 311834View attachment 311833

Results

View attachment 311832

Fairly straight forward friendlies, mainly just for fitness and let the new guys blend in with the squad. The Supertaca was yet another great victory this year against a very aggressive Benfica side who gave away 3 penalties! but none the less always great to beat them and win the Supertaca for the second season in a row and add to the confidence for the season opener, but on some bad news our best player and the heartbeat of the team Carvalho picked up a nasty injury and will miss around 3 months!

View attachment 311831

CL Group Draw

View attachment 311567
After an impressive run to the Semi-Finals in last years campaign we will be looking to try and recreate that and go on a solid run again this year. With the past two season giving us rather tough groups this years group wasnt as tough as the last two on paper..

View attachment 746708View attachment 311566View attachment 311565View attachment 311564

Drawn in at 3rd seed and i feel we can easily finish in the top 2 with Arsenal the obvious threat, although we finished 4th in our first season and Zenit was apart of that group back then, but overall it could of gone so much worse so its a rather pleasing draw.