Spurs opt for two shirt sponsors

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K
Yeah, but with Sponsers they might?

Yea, with the sponsors, I'm sure they will, my point was the patches dont make a difference to fans. But apparently fans are slower than I thought.

you could say anything about it, but from it seems, it looks like amazing business sense from daniel levy to get every penny possible out of their first champs league appearance.

kudos to him, and people are right, more teams will probably follow suit

If someone wants to purchase multiple shirts, that is their perogative.

:S:S You know some pretty clever people...XD

They just love their clubs and want to own every piece of mechandise they can get their hands on, lol -- some of them are extremely clever btw :) And you will find people like this all over the world tbh.

They just love their clubs and want to own every piece of mechandise they can get their hands on, lol -- some of them are extremely clever btw :) And you will find people like this all over the world tbh.

More fool them then. Personally I think this tactic by Spurs is daft and will be suprised if it is that popular with the fans. Dont really expect many clubs to follow it. And surely it all depends on whether they actually get anywhere in the Champions League?

Kind of ***** the fans over though
Next there'll be one for Carling Cup, FA Cup, PL, Europe & Everything! :V

I agree. My understanding is that the kits used in the Champions League are different to the ones used in the premier league anyway (as in Chelsea, Man Utd et al have the sign on the arm etc...) Correct me if I'm wrong btw :) If that's the case, then adding a different sponsor to that kit makes no difference to a fan what-so-ever as they would have had to buy a second kit anyway (if they're into collecting all the kits). And the extra sponsorship is an added bonus.

well you can get championsleague badges on the sleeves but apart from that i dont think their is any other differences well thats just a chelsea view not sure about man utd and arsenal etc.

More fool them then. Personally I think this tactic by Spurs is daft and will be suprised if it is that popular with the fans. Dont really expect many clubs to follow it. And surely it all depends on whether they actually get anywhere in the Champions League?

To be honest, it doesn't make that much difference to most fans really. I support Spurs, but I'll only be buying one kit next year (as I always do). The extra sponsorship will do wonders for the club itself. I think we stole this idea from Liverpool anyway -- they had something going on with their kit sponsors last year.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

well you can get championsleague badges on the sleeves but apart from that i dont think their is any other differences well thats just a chelsea view not sure about man utd and arsenal etc.

Ah, right. Thought there was something different between them, but wasn't 100% sure.

some of them are extremely clever btw :) And you will find people like this all over the world tbh.

are you sure when you say all over world. I thought every celtic fan rather silly:S joking before i get hounded by a million celtic supporters;)

Kind of ***** the fans over though
Next there'll be one for Carling Cup, FA Cup, PL, Europe & Everything! :V

It does? Why?

Most people will only buy one shirt. If someone with lots of money wants to throw some cash around to get multiple shirts than hooray for them.

I still see fans at matches wearing shirts that are several years old, so no, this won't "**** the fans over". Apparently it has lead to stupidity from certain people on this forum though.

To be honest, it doesn't make that much difference to most fans really. I support Spurs, but I'll only be buying one kit next year (as I always do). The extra sponsorship will do wonders for the club itself. I think we stole this idea from Liverpool anyway -- they had something going on with their kit sponsors last year.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Ah, right. Thought there was something different between them, but wasn't 100% sure.

i know its all new to you mate lol, you will enjoy it im sure as you know as chelsea fan im not to keen on spurs but im genuinly happy their in the champs league.

i know its all new to you mate lol, you will enjoy it im sure as you know as chelsea fan im not to keen on spurs but im genuinly happy their in the champs league.

I still cling to memories of Lineker's goal against FC Porto in the Cup Winners Cup, lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiLKMWqE7lk&feature=related"]YouTube- tottenham v fc porto[/ame]

Last edited:
Let's not get too off topic here.

2 sponsors is no big deal, teams have multiple kits, it's the fans choice as to whether they want to buy them or not.

Dumb question, but £20 million deal for league games only I got. But length of deal? Or is that per season meaning Spurs have got a deal which is equal to the maximum Liverpool and Manchester United can pull in for all matches solely for sponsoring their league shirt?

Its not about fleecing the fans to buy the shirt but more about bringing money into the club through different sponsorship. The fans have a choice if they wish to buy more than type of shirt the club does not force them into a shop to buy them.

More clubs will eventually follow this route in time and Daniel Levy has thought about a very good way of increasing revenue for the club which in turn will result going into buying players to improve the club and costs towards the new stadium.

I'm ashamed to say Rovers do this as well..... :'(

It will make Spurs richer and the fans worse off. Another bad move from a Chairman in generally not just Levy in particular

#footballisforthefans

Back