Spurs opt for two shirt sponsors

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K
It will make Spurs richer and the fans worse off. Another bad move from a Chairman in generally not just Levy in particular

#footballisforthefans

I disagree with this, it's not as though the fans HAVE to buy both shirts. Obviously some will, but I'm sure the majority will be fine with one.

I never knew so many people brought there clubs shirt every season, I never buy Fulham shirts.

It will make Spurs richer and the fans worse off. Another bad move from a Chairman in generally not just Levy in particular

#footballisforthefans

Another member being melodramatic.

You may see Liverpool fans wearing the shirt with our alternative sponsor on it this season...

ourclubourshirtourexpla.jpg

And I reckon there isn't a single genuine Spud on this forum - come on, when's the last time you've not known the length of a contract down to the last minute? You're not Everton ffs. ;)

Last edited:
You may see Liverpool fans wearing the shirt with our alternative sponsor on it this season...

ourclubourshirtourexpla.jpg

And I reckon there isn't a single genuine Spud on this forum - come on, when's the last time you've not known the length of a contract down to the last minute? You're not Everton ffs.

No-one is questioning the length of the contract. All thats been released by the club is its for 2 years. The main debate was fans saying the club was ripping the fans off by having more than one sponsor on two different shirts for different competitions. Financially for any club it is a good idea especially in todays economic climate if one sponsor cant afford the amount a club is looking for to sponsor them for all competitions. The club do not physically force a fan into a shop to buy the shirts it is down to choice.

IanC, I believe you may have missed the jest in his post.

No-one is questioning the length of the contract. All thats been released by the club is its for 2 years.

Cheers mate. Info I needed. So £10 million a season I guess but that may be max value and performance related. No wonder you're looking for someone else to cover cup matches. Think advertising revenue/sponsorships will be well down for a **** of a lot of clubs over the next few years.

I don't know why people are saying how Spurs are 'leading the way' with this idea. Juventus have been talking of doing it and organising it for months.

I don't know why people are saying how Spurs are 'leading the way' with this idea. Juventus have been talking of doing it and organising it for months.
you say they have been talking of doing it. have they actually done it yet?

Autonomy's logo looks really poor so in my opinion Spurs have accepted £20m sponsorship to make our League shirt look rubbish. The cup tie shirt hopefully is a more trendy sponsor logo.

As for the idea its Levy magic yet again. 7 subs idea for English football, Levy had a big hand in with Fergie and now this duo kit sponsor. Everyone will be doing it soon, Spurs set the trend.
I think the english player rule for 2010/11 had something to do with Levy as well but dont quote me on that.

you say they have been talking of doing it. have they actually done it yet?

We've got Betclic confirmed as our home shirt sponsor, we have yet to confirm the sponsor of our away kit as during the kit launch they showed the away kit without a sponsor. Anyway, if we can't get anyone to appear as our away sponsor we will just get Fiat or some other branch of the Fiat company as our sponsor.

Is this a big deal? Tottenham are making more money from their shirt sponser and it's shrewd buisness and a good idea to be honest. Aston Villa had a local charity on our shirts last season (I'm not sure whether it's staying) and that makes me proud to be a Villa fan but makes the club no money.

Personally I'd rather have the Charity sponsor and it makes little to no difference which global company is printed on a clubs t-shirt imo and if you buy two shirts for each different multi national company thats being advertised your an idiot.

Back