Spurs sack AVB!

He is not ready to manage a big club yet. Sure, he achieved great things at Porto but being brought out of his comfort zone has definitely exposed his shortcomings. The poor man-management skills, the tactical stubbornness, the clueless way he handles the media and supporters

Highly doubt he will get another job in the EPL again. He will probably have to go abroad to rebuild his reputation. The likes of PSG and Madrid which once courted him, probably for the image he projects of a young, stylish and successful manager, will definitely not take a chance on him. Italy will be his next destination I guess
How else do they learn though, should have been given the season. Nonsense sacking. He'll get a job somewhere big again, most clubs actually view him as someone with lots of potential but needed to learn. Baldini stabbed him in the back here big time.

How else do they learn though, should have been given the season. Nonsense sacking. He'll get a job somewhere big again, most clubs actually view him as someone with lots of potential but needed to learn. Baldini stabbed him in the back here big time.

Here's a question Mike, a rhetorical one - Would you say the same thing if he managed your team and got your team demolished and got you fighting for top 4 instead of the title? No need for an answer. We know it.

Here's a question Mike, a rhetorical one - Would you say the same thing if he managed your team and got your team demolished and got you fighting for top 4 instead of the title? No need for an answer. We know it.

Bit harsh. Tottenham were never fighting for the title, top four would have been a very good result for his squad given the fact the amount of change they've had this year and that there are already four other very strong sides challenging the top four (and United will be soon).

I know you didn't ask me, but your question is silly. Spurs have just lost one of the best players they've ever had and replaced them with like 6 very similar midfielders and a striker who can't play the role forced upon him. AVB is stubborn and naive but when he gets it right he will be fantastic. I'm sure he'll pop up in Europe sometime soon.. Maybe back at Porto.

[UNLESS YOUR QUESTION WAS A WELL DISGUISED POP AT DAVID MOYES. IN WHICH CASE, I JUST WASTED 2 MINUTES OF MY LIFE] -.-

Im portuguese, so some of you may think that i can't be impartial on this one, but i have to say it will be impossible for the spurs to win anything if they can't wait for people to make their work.

When he won the quadruple with Porto, he had a team with Moutinho, Hulk and Falcao, and a structure that could make Benitez a real coach, eh eh!

Without Bale and with 7 new players in the squad and teams perfoming very well, like Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool and even Southampton, what did they expect from him, to be 1st with 10 point ahead of Arsenal? Common...

Just look at Moyes in United and compare... oh we can't, Spurs have won so many things in the past years that they are much more exigent that United board

Dude, my team has had the most successful manager in Britain replaced by a man who has never won a trophy, and we're 8th atm. so yes I would say the exact same thing.

Maybe back at Porto.

Not. They only changed manager when they are real bad, and even then they tend to not do that in the middle of the season.

Also, don't even come back to the place where you have been happy!

I am sorry but big clubs are not places where one goes to 'learn'... More likely than not, he will have to settle for a lesser job and learn there as no way in **** the likes of PSG and Madrid will take what is essentially a huge gamble on him as long as there are far more capable managers around which there are

Agreed that he should have been given the season but that's football I guess. As I said earlier, Levy is a bit of an idiot in footballing matters despite his superior financial acumen. Can't see him in the EPL again for sure

I am sorry but big clubs are not places where one goes to 'learn'... More likely than not, he will have to settle for a lesser job and learn there as no way in **** the likes of PSG and Madrid will take what is essentially a huge gamble on him as long as there are far more capable managers around which there are

Agreed that he should have been given the season but that's football I guess. As I said earlier, Levy is a bit of an idiot in footballing matters despite his superior financial acumen. Can't see him in the EPL again for sure
So he succeeds at a "smaller " club like Porto, where does he go next? Of course that's where you learn, same as a player learns.

Dude, my team has had the most successful manager in Britain replaced by a man who has never won a trophy, and we're 8th atm. so yes I would say the exact same thing.

How many years did he needed to make what he did in Everton?

So he succeeds at a "smaller " club like Porto, where does he go next? Of course that's where you learn, same as a player learns.

You have to look at it from the clubs point of view as well. Would a big club want to take a punt on him and possibly endure trophyless seasons' all the whole hoping he is 'learning'? Especially when they can just hire an experienced and more proven manager such as Capello or at least someone more solid and dependable like United did with Moyes?

Managers and players can't be compared. If he wants to 'learn' at a big club, do it as a assistant, not as the main man which is absurd

he was there for 10 years, probably needed 5 iirc.

and AVB had 1 and a half, lol.

I like Spurs, really do, although im a United fan since 1993, but with this kind of "spirit", they will not win a thing, or it will happen the same that happened with Chelsea...

Who will spurs replace AVB with very harsh sacking

It's wide open at the moment. General consensus is Tim Sherwood will see the season out at the very least.

I think Franco Baldini at 40/1 would be an interesting bet to make, though. :p

If he wants to 'learn' at a big club, do it as a assistant, not as the main man which is absurd

I have to agree with this. He is only 35.... Giggs has more years as a coach than him!

Actually the question was heavily related to his spell at Chelsea but whatever. With the money spent Spurs MUST BE/HAVE BEEN CALLED title challengers, don't you think ? How much did they spend again? Yeah.... Defend AVB all you want, he is overrated at this point of his career and that's a #FACT.

List_5F00_Weekend_5F00_Football_5F00_21_5F00_Oct_5F00_2103_5F00_IMG9.jpg

So are you actually telling me you want AVB rather than Moyes at this point?

Actually the question was heavily related to his spell at Chelsea but whatever. With the money spent Spurs MUST BE/HAVE BEEN CALLED title challengers, don't you think ? How much did they spend again? Yeah.... Defend AVB all you want, he is overrated at this point of his career and that's a #FACT.

List_5F00_Weekend_5F00_Football_5F00_21_5F00_Oct_5F00_2103_5F00_IMG9.jpg

Net transfer spend of about ?3m.

It's still a senseless decision to sack him anyways. Will Spurs really be any closer to Top 4 under Tim Sherwood?