Spurs vs Pompey; FA Cup Semi-Final

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 179
  • Views Views 9K
How are they a weaker team they've been in the same league for the last 7 seasons

Have you seen Tottenham's team, lets not try and compare them in terms of transfer fee's.

Yes, Tottenham may have been hard done by some of the referee decisions today but who cares, it was funny because nearly everyone in the whole country couldn't see this coming. Everyone loves the underdog.

He hasnt survived he got relegated

As Avram said himself the reason Portsmouth got relegated was because of decisions behind the scenes and the 9 point deduction, you really would have to be Jesus to have kept Portsmouth up and he didn't even have the whole season.

wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhey better luck next year SPUDS

This is a better feeling than when we actually won the cup :D

This sums it up for me!

What a performance from the team, thought everyone was outstanding but big :wub: for Jamo, Rocha, Wilson and Piquionne.

Spurs fans can bemoan their ill fortune (the disallowed goal was unlucky, but it was easy to see why the penalty was given when you consider Wiley's positioning on the pitch... was my first reaction too), but the Spurs team did not take their chances when they came (FACT!) and Defoe, Pavlyuchenko were pretty toothless up front.

Twitch needs to give us back the key to the city so that we can give it to someone more deserving... Uncle Avi!

Well played Pompey, Decisions happen and fortunately went in Pompeys favour today and complaining wont change a thing as I told the United fans earlier in the week. At the end of the day Spurs could not finish and it cost us.

What would happen if Portsmouth go out of business before the cup final?

Congratulations Portsmouth
Delighted for Grant and all the players and fans
Remember last year when Luton won the JPT, and had a point deduction
Still, its a magnificant achievement to get to the Final

What would happen if Portsmouth go out of business before the cup final?

I'm not sure how administration works but I think the idea is that Pompey are really unlikely, or they just cannot, dissapear which could have happened earlier in the season.

I'm not sure how administration works but I think the idea is that Pompey are really unlikely, or they just cannot, dissapear which could have happened earlier in the season.

Ok cheers.

Well after all that Pompey have been through this season I think a majority of neutrals will be urging them on in the cup final now apart from Southampton and Chelsea fans I expect. I will be giving them my support even though they beat us today.

Didn't see the whole game so i can't say who deserved it and that but from what i saw Spurs looked in control and were unlucky with a few decisions. Also the fact that Dawson slipped at the pivotal moment showed how unfortunate they were. I think that underlines how bad the Wembley pitch is, they should get it resurfaced and fast.

Should be an easier final for us but if we take them lightly then that could be our downfall.

The pitch at Wembley has been relaid about eight times now and its still a disgrace to the national stadium.
The grass at that quiet stadium in London does not cut up like that and the Fa should get in contact with the scum to see how they have done it.

as annoyed as i am about alan wiley i have to give credit to portsmouth. fair play to them for reaching the final against all odds. i can truthfully say that against any other team than spurs i would have been urging them on to get to the final. but i have to say that wiley was appauling and our finishing on the day was unbelievable, why everyone on our team think they can score wonder goals from way out is beyond me. and huddlestone, what a poor display. feel extremely let down today. by referee and spurs. congrats pompey, no go stuff chelsea and make a real mockery of being in administration :)

also a couple of slightly off topic things. firstly, why is there such a slump in referee perfomances? alan wiley and howard webb are arguably considered to be in the top 3 of referees in the uk and are more often than not selected for the bigger occasions. yet all season long they have given bad decisions after bad decisions.. its bad really, i mean at a time when technology in the game to help refs has been ruled out for the forseeable future when refs really seem to be struggling.. not good for the game i dont think.

also are pompey actually allowed to play in europe? wasn't sure if there were any obscure parts of being in administration that blocks this.. any ideas?

RANT OVER :)<)

imagine if portsmouth beat chelsea they will be in europe haha would br a drcent season despite relegation

imagine if portsmouth beat chelsea they will be in europe haha would br a drcent season despite relegation

its been conformed that they wont be aloud to play in europe if they win the fa cup. excellent win for pompey but i feel they wanted it more than spurs, will be a anxious final for me as i live in portsmouth so i will stear well clear from my mates untill hopefully full time if we win. i am confident obviously but this is a massive achivement for portsmouth congratulations.

Pompey played an amazing game. Until the first goal, it was one of the best goalless games you'll ever watch. Dindane + Utaka = Lethal!

am i right in saying michael brown played 2 hours off football without getting booked haha.

To start on a negative, I do not know who was worse today - Crouch or Boating :P

But Pompey did well, I was really contemplating putting a bet on Pompey for a 2-0 because I had a feeling they could do it but to see it happening was sensational. I've never watched a game as a neutral and wanted a team so win so much :P But to be fair, Tottenham lost the game.. There attacking play was non-existent and were getting pushed of the ball so easily. The only threat in their side was Bale v Finnan, in terms of pace Bale could run rings around Finnan but it's a good job he can't play football making it a relatively easy affair for Stevie.

Does this mean European football for Portsmouth next season? Or do they actually need to win it to qualify? If it does then good on them, it should bring in a little extra money for next year. This feat will certainly help the bank balance somewhat.

Also did anyone see the pigeon flying around? Occasionally just sitting on the pitch, oblivious to it's surroundings? I'm thinking this is an FA experiment for a 5th official? ;) [Sorry if anybody mentioned this already, but I can't be bothered to read through 7 pages mainly from Tottenham fans being ******* :P]

I'd love to watch the final if tickets are as easy to get as they were for this game.

And thats from a liverpool fan.......nuff said!

How would that make a difference? You were ****, you got beat 2-0 by a side who earlier this week weren't sure if they could put a squad together! Just take it on the chin and stop using pathetic comebacks :)

Back