Stadium Expansion/Construction

Halbard

Reaction score
So, im Sporting CP. Im in the 2022/2023 season. I have won the Champion's League 4 times and Europa League 6 times. Won 11 of 13 championships. Multiple cups, Supercups, etc...

When i ask the board to expand the stadium, they accept, and some time after, the plans get cancelled because the the city council won't allow it. I have around +250 million euros in the bank, i'm 1st in the world club ranking. And yet i cannot get the stadium to expand, nor get the board to build a new one, since that option never shows up. I have a 96% average attendance.

Any thoughts? Can FMRTE help with this?

FMRTE is for puss** .. If they don't allow it , leave it, start a new game ..

I looked through FMRTE, and cant find a section for stadium development details, apart from the expansion capacity.

maybe ask to build a new stadium instead? then you could possibly expand on that instead

The way the board is with me, the day that happens will be the day that **** freezes over lol. But yeah, could try what thorton said

maybe ask to build a new stadium instead? then you could possibly expand on that instead

I only have the option to ask for expansion, the new stadium option is greyed out:(

I only have the option to ask for expansion, the new stadium option is greyed out:(

hmm, keep checking up on it, it wasnt available all the time for me - every time it was i asked though. took me til the start of the 2019 season for the board to satrt building it.

the season previously i has 98% average attendance though, which is probably why they built a new one.

Maybe 96% isn't high enough. I had 99% attendance with Chelsea and the board still didn't want to expand the stadium because they thought "the fan base wasn't big enough".

Chelsea has a new stadium in my game, 55.000 seater i think. So does Atletico de Madrid, 70.000 seater.

Chelsea has a new stadium in my game, 55.000 seater i think. So does Atletico de Madrid, 70.000 seater.

So there is hope :) I would just use FMRTE this once to give yourself the stadium you deserve.
Why not let your team play at Wembley? (H)

Yes FMRTE can help. In the new version you can edit the build date of your stadium, so if you make it older, the option won't be greyed out anymore. But, if you just want a bigger stadium I suggest increasing the expansion capacity in FMRTE, then the council can't cancel it (to my experiences).

So there is hope :) I would just use FMRTE this once to give yourself the stadium you deserve.
Why not let your team play at Wembley? (H)

Because he's Sporting CP. Flying from Portugal to Wembley every matchday would be a *****

Because he's Sporting CP. Flying from Portugal to Wembley every matchday would be a *****

maybe he could have such a big squad he could leave 17 of his players in england and have a home team and an away team <)

maybe he could have such a big squad he could leave 17 of his players in england and have a home team and an away team <)
He could clone his players using FMRTE and have the same players in England and Portugal. And clone third ones for international matches so they won't get injured.

He could clone his players using FMRTE and have the same players in England and Portugal. And clone third ones for international matches so they won't get injured.

Now thats FMRTE overdose.
Sporting stadium was built in 2003. now, 20 years passed, 4 champions league and 12 titles, i think it deserves and expansion. i set the expansion capacity to 20.000, when it was 5.000. (the stadium has 50.00 atm).

I actually don't think it matters where the stadium is. IRL it would be impossible, in the game I think it's perfectly possible to play a portuguese team at wembley. Anyone care to find out if it's possible because some of us are getting curious |) (I would do it myself but im "working")