Cozzy165

Reaction score
One thing that remains persistent in Football Manager 2011 are the staff. They don't retire as quickly, and they don't move around as much as players - at least in real life. And when they do a good job for you, they are held in high esteem in your mind, so you give them a job at your next club, and your next, and your next etc.

So it's hard not to get very close with certain staff, staff that you feel more confident at your club with them by your side. And they loyalty is returned, they leave the club when you get the boot. Some staff I've grown fond of are pretty much the whole Chelsea backroom team, but you can't take them with you are lower league teams and I have hundreds more that if I was searching for staff, if I saw their name I'd know for example - I've hired him before with so-and-so and they won the U-18s Cup, etc. And then hire them. I couldn't name them all here right now, but there are hundreds. So I'm wondering who has been your right-hand man? Your favourite scout? #1 physio?

In the end, it all comes down to loyalty.

Eduardo Macia, Liverpool. Always sign him wherever I go.

Nigel Gibbs as Assistant Manager (once I've reached a level that he'll join me at) :wub:

Ricardo Moniz as a Coach (usually ball control but also good for others)

Gianni Nanni as Physio

q. lemos f. ... THE best coach in game!

I did a funny thing on my fast forward game ( to see how the games changes in 2050 )

well, I went on FMRTE and edited Jose Mourinho' attribute to make him 20 for Assman and 1 for Manager, before expiring his contract + putting his relations with me and my club as 100.

I went on into the game and attempted to sign him, his contract demands were 250k/week for Assman, surprisingly, he accepted my offer of 30k/week

So after i managed to sign him, I went back to FMRTE to extend his contract until year 3000 (LOL)

and went on to fast forward till year 2050.

Amazingly, he does a tidy job and under his guidance, Tottenham managed to win the Premier League 7 Times, completeing the sextuple twice, and winning CL 4 Times as well.

I managed to keep my job even up till 2043, and now Tottenham is one of the major clubs in Premier league, and there would be a extremely wealthy Ukrainian man taking over my club soon ( hope he sponsor us big money )

would post SS when free.

Conclusion: IF Mou is willing to be your AssMan = FTW.

Franco Baldini, always sign him and Ricardo Moniz plus Bischalloti(sp)

David Hamilton. He's arguably the best scout available for clubs at Championship level and he's been a mainstay in all my Bristol City saves on FM10 and 11.

Always Ricardo Moniz as Assman and Shooting coach (FM08). Haven't got into FM11 yet but noticed he is at Salzburg now

Gonzalo Del Meco, Marco Rota, Ze Eduardo,Pako Ayesterian, Ricardo Moniz, Rene Matel.... (United) Jorginho (assistant manager) Osmar Loss, Lochillion, Tony Colbert, Martin Keown, Ole Sjolskaer and some more which i cannot think of at the moment off my head... :D

Daniel Baldini
Jorginho
Pako Ayestaran
Mike Phelan
Ciro Ferrara
Massimo Neri
Franco Baldini
Ray Wilkins
Pat Rice
Gary Lewin
Geoff Watson
Paquito
Roberto Ripa
Arkaitz Mota

The coaches name is *something* Mota. Great tactic coach that guy.
Moniz is another one.
If I don't have a decent *** Man then Tassoti(AC Milan)

David Hamilton is my scout I sign for just about everyone, as low down as L1 teams and as high as Man Utd or Real Madrid. Brian Eastick is my *** man on any save but if he doesn't join I go for Nigel Gibbs as has been mentioned a few times further up. Moniz is a very good coach also so tend to snap him up as and when I can

I've tried for many coaches and scouts and got some of them. But some of the guys you'd call "The Best" aren't listening, for eg. Ricardo Moniz, Lemos Filho, Ayestaran, Baldini, etc are not listening to offers from me. :( But I reckon I've managed to put together a good backroom team in the end:

Playing with Real Madrid, so there's already Silvino Louro & Rui Faria by default('cos of Mourinho :p) both of whom I'd recommend.

Other than those, I've signed:

• Vincenzo Pincolini- Fitness Coach with 5 Stars! This guy is arguably the best Fitness Coach in the game! Just 52,000/- per annum salary too!

• Gian Nicola Bisciotti- Fitness Coach, 5 Stars! 125 K per annum. Yes, that's 3 Fitness Coaches including Faria. But I use Heavy-workload Pre-Season schedules that I've made myself and need these 3 to have minimal risk of injuries.

• Rosario Di Vincenzo- GK Coach, 4.5 Stars. 350K per annum salary.

• Paul McGuinness- Youth Coach, 4.5 Stars for Ball Control, 4 Stars for Defending, 4 Stars for Shooting. But 650K a year!

• Peter Farrell- Youth Coach, 4 Stars each for Shooting, Attacking, Ball Control or Tactics. 125K per annum.

• Massimo Neri- First Team Coach, 4.5 Stars for Ball Control but 5 Stars for Strength or Aerobics! 4 Stars for Shooting. 250K per annum.

• Manuel Delgado Meco- Coach, 4 Star Defending, 4.5 Stars in Strength or Aerobics! 125K per annum.

• Keith Bertschin- Coach, 4 Stars in Attacking or Shooting. 250K per annum.

• Thomas Horster- Coach, 4 Stars in Tactics. This guy was actually a Scout but I signed him to be a coach. He's got good enough stats to be one... 250K per annum.

• Tony Carr- Coach, 4 Star Ball Control, 4 Star Shooting! 250 K per annum.

• Marco Frigerio- Physio. One of the best out there with 20 Physiotherapy, 16 Determination, 16 Level of Discipline and 16 Fitness. 150K per annum. Someone else I've been keeping tabs on is Julio Tous who's actually a Coach but is an equally good Physio with 20 Phys, 20 Det, only 13 Dis & 12 Fitness but 18 Man Management. There's also this guy in Brazil named "File"( :p) with 19 Phys, 16 Det, 16 Dis and 20 Fitness. For me, he wasn't listening offers. Will need to fire one more of my existing physios and hire one more soon, 'cos as I said, I need the best fitness and treatment available...

As for Scouts, there are 3 that I've somehow managed to get and are in my opinion the best Scouts in the game:
• Ernesto Varnier(300K per annum),
• Gilmar Francisco(just 52K per annum!),
• Hans-Martin Kleitsch(250K per annum)

All 3 have 20, 20, 20 viz in Judging Player Potential, Judging Player Ability and Working with Youngsters. Already had Rafael Monfort at Madrid who is very good too. So these 4 are now my main guys. Bryan Robson is a top class Scout too like these guys if you're looking for Englishmen.

For Assistant Manager, I've kept hold of Aitor Karanka, but there is one guy who works for Palmeiras- if you can get him to listen to offers, there is NO ONE better! Name's Valdir de Moraes. Had him in FM 2010 and he's just the best you can ask for! AMAZING attributes all around. But I can't get him to listen to offers in FM 2011. :( Even tried adding another manager, taking control of Palmeiras and firing him so he'd be unemployed((6)). But still he "wasn't interested in discussing terms with my club". :|

Baldini
Di Salvo
Pincolini
Neri
Galbiati
Gaudino
Bettega
Bisciotti
Carminati
Tassoti
Bierhoff
Nanni
Ventrone
Mahseredijan

On FM11 it has been Billy Stark as my AM and reserve coach and Michael Watt as my U19 and youth coach. I recently had a board takeover and they were considering appointing Stark as the manager. I wasn't pleased.

Valdir de Moraes. Had him in FM 2010 and he's just the best you can ask for! AMAZING attributes all around. But I can't get him to listen to offers in FM 2011. :( Even tried adding another manager, taking control of Palmeiras and firing him so he'd be unemployed((6)). But still he "wasn't interested in discussing terms with my club". :|
check his age, he is like 71 or something, you could barely sign him last year either, is the best coach/*** manager in the game, but he is retiring this year, hence he does not want to discuss terms...