crazyeyes

Reaction score
How come when i start a new game some of my coaches for my senior team also coach the under 18s yet if get rid of them and bring in new staff they only teach the senior and if so how do i find under 18 coaches managers etc as i cannot find them in the staff search section or there is no option for it

i dunno maybe im just getting old and not as enthusiastic any more, im 28, and its not premier manager 99 and i cant win every league on the first season. i read some of these posts and what there telling me i do or have done in the past, the modern warfare tactics i always use more less regardless of ever having looked at the thread. changing players through the match giving proper team talks. This time round ive barely changed anything everything is more less at default because i was bored of spending countless hours on tactics without results. Im a smart person know a lot about football and im a passionate man u fan so can you tell me why i would be frustrated when i pick out the weak spots in man united and replace them with world class only to finish fourth in the league?. This time round ive only taken newcastle who i quit after not long due to losing demba ba on a release clause and totthenham who after the first season i finished second in the league won the f.a cup and semi final in eufa cup, second season i got to november with 80 million decided to request a stadium from the board which cost me 50 million of my balance leaving me 30 million (something that i always seen them do for free in the past)and losing like 7 million a month so i thought im going to be broke by the end of the season and theyll maybe sack me so ijust went on holiday til the end of the season curious to see how my youth had developed winning the league and working out ok so i started the third season got to january having secured alaba and munian on frees for th end of the season to strengthen a squad id only added to willems at left back douglas costa ademilson and destro, bought these players without ever having looked the forums and seemingly there must buys for totthenham or most of them. taking me so long to wrte this i cant remember something happened half way through the third season same thing again holiday til end of season just to build my youths up(knowledge thing more than anything) as i had a pretty good under 18 side bringing in like 4/5 every season of the worlds best players, won the league again and everything worked out ok bought gaitan to add too munian and alaba and sold lennon..... ademilson and destro are better than adebeyor and defoe by now sandro etc etc are all sick stats start the season clear favourites even though i had a pretty slim squad only 19 players but players in the under 18s i could bring in for cups, doing so start the first game of the season batter southhampten or somebody at home and lose 1-0 get knocked of the carling cup lose home and away to juventus 2-0 in the group even though being the better side home and awayan im sitting sixth in the table having lost 4 and drawn 5 in 14 games and all my players are tired "pulls hair out" rage quit just started again only this time i think il start vertonghen as caulker did not progress as id like, brought in new staff johann cryuff as my assistand and bernard peters as my head of youth brought in the same signings with one addition of wellington nem, seen him in the forums(cheating a bit) wish me luck!

sorry to raiken i seen some of your posts in the forum and they where pretty helpful

if anyone could help me with top comment it would be much apreciated !

Last edited:
sorry to raiken i seen some of your posts in the forum and they where pretty helpful

no worries bud :) I can understand your frustration and it affecting your moods on the forum, it happens to a lot of people so I do not take anything personally, its just an internet forum.. but I do take FM seriously and I am always here to help anyone where I can and provide as much assistance and guides/templates etc as possible for you the members as I possibly can

the thing it seems and sounds like with you is that:

1) you have lost the "flair" to play the game properly, I get that, it happens a lot, I had, everyone has it, but Fm13 I have yet to have it as the game is so more complex than before and you really can get into a save

2) I suggest starting with a much harder team and learn to take defeats on the chin! you WILL lose in real life and most certainly lose in the game! just because some people are going unbeaten etc does not mean that because you are United (who I support with all my heart and have for 22 years) you will do the same. So when you lose, move on, forget about it, do not restart, do not rage quit and persevere.. it will make the game so much more enjoyable and when you do start winning, so much more rewarding

3) do not always buy superstar players, look at United, we have Carrick (who I have always rated extremely highly) who people thought he was a **** player, Evans, Cleverley, Anderson, Welbeck etc, these are all good squad players and you need this in FM, you need a good squad, not GOOD players if you know what I mean.. buy in players that suit your tactics and approach and not just buy Ter-Stegen (who has a few faults as a keeper, Alaba who has many faults as a LB) and the Vidal's etc..

4) look around the forum as I said the other day, there is so much info here it's scary, especially instead of posting new threads for each question you have, you are more than welcome to start one thread (which TBH did to another member some time ago who was struggling, he asked everything he could in one thread and wherever anyone could help, we jumped in and assisted him)

5) PM me if you need anything or PM TBH/Mike as well as they both know a thing or two about the game :) Mike especially knows a lot about the actual Match engine and also has good tactical knowledge

take it easy, chat in the morning

if anyone could help my top question it would be much appreciated as my youth coaches are.... well lets just say not the best lol

cheers mate

How come when i start a new game some of my coaches for my senior team also coach the under 18s yet if get rid of them and bring in new staff they only teach the senior and if so how do i find under 18 coaches managers etc as i cannot find them in the staff search section or there is no option for it

Coaches
- they coach senior/reserves/youth players

gone is the option of having first team coaches which used to only train the senior squad

finding U/18 coaches is easy, set your filter to look for stats of 15: (if you are a team in the top tier)

• determination
  • motivating
  • discipline
  • working with youngsters
there is no option to "look" for that staff role but you can also place adverts if you have the space available..