Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Starting as macclesfield please read!

Reaction score
Hey im starting a new game as Macclesfield and im wondering what nations to select so i can get all the best wonderkids and stuff and also most of the nations i choose should i have them on view only and only the top leagues playable? Thanks for your time. Owen

Last edited:
Reaction score
Load up Uruguay for sure. Great players there like Pablo Difiori,Alexis Abrahim,Tozzi,Rodrigo Trovo,Marcelo Tejera

Reaction score
^^ sebastian coates although u wont get him but stil....

Reaction score
Uruguay, Peru, Czech, Romania, Norway, Sweden, Mexico, Chile ;) to name but a few, the problem is your are going to struggle with Work Permits though :S

Reaction score
There are quite a few good free transfers within the league already that you can get-plus some other gems. Ariel Zarate is pretty old but his stats are good for Lower leagues, as are gauthier mahoto, james ashmore, matt watson (plays for colorado I think-GET HIM, he will cost you about 1k and is a brilliant midfielder)-as is eddie johnson of austin, who can play up front or amc, who normally costs about 6k.

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
Uruguay, Peru, Czech, Romania, Norway, Sweden, Mexico, Chile ;) to name but a few, the problem is your are going to struggle with Work Permits though :S
He could always download the "no work permits" editor data file.. I know it's probably cheating but everyone else in the game doesn't have work permits so it's kinda fair :p

Last edited: