FMSaddler96

Reaction score
"What do you mean I'm being kicked out of uni! I haven't even done the resits, this is a load of bull!"

3 years for nothing, what a waste of time... I had just been kicked out of uni without even a second chance to make up for my mistakes. I have put all my effort into getting that degree and after 1 fail they are kicking me out.

I had always dreamed of completing university, using my degree to get a good job and then living well but now all I have is a couple of A-Levels in some stupid subjects. I have no idea where I am going to go from here, I don't even know what I could do.

I don't want to end up in a job I hate all my life and I sure as **** won't be able to become a doctor without university so let's just take a punt.

I'm going to do it, it's the only other job I've ever imagined I can do so why the **** not. I'm going to become a football manager. Get my qualifications then go into management.

So the idea behind this story is to get all the qualifications before starting playing the save. From research I've seen that it would realistically take about a year to get them all but I'm going to sim 2 years into the game where I will have all qualifications and no experience. I want to make a story out of it.

I'm not sure how this is going to go, it's an out there idea but I've been trying to come up with something new and thought this could be interesting, any feedback would be appreciated and I will try to keep it updated regularly.

So there's my research document, this is going to be as quick or easy as I expected. It's definitely going to require working around to pay for it and that'll only make it tougher...
National C£1505 daysP/T
National B£3507 daysP/T
National A£7204 daysF/T
Continental C£100014 daysF/T
Continental B£250021 daysF/T
Continental A£528042 daysF/T
Continental Pro£1200084 daysF/T

So £22000 and 177 days in total, it definitely won't be easy. Working full time for the first 3 licences is plausible but I am going to have to save a lot of money and work part time in order to fund the others. I aim to get this done in 2 years, it takes about half a year in total to complete the lot but I think 2 years is reasonable.

This is a journey that could be fantastic and end with success or it could just collapse straight off. I am hoping it is the former. With a busy year or 2 ahead of me I don't know what will happen but I know one thing, I am going to make that university regret kicking me out with my future career.

July 17th 2015
National C Coaching Licence... Completed!

With a bit of spare money from my university part time job I have managed to complete my first licence. It was fairly simple and it was easy to do. The next one is apparently a lot tougher because of the testing but so far so good.

I'm looking to start the next one at the beginning of August, however I have just got a new job and I need that to pay for this adventure so I'm not sure.​

September 4th 2015
National B Coaching Licence... Completed!

It took a lot longer than I wanted it to but I got there. After aiming to start the course at the beginning of August work kept pushing it back and eventually I had to settle for this date. I can understand why people said it was harder than the first but I still had no problem in completing it quickly.

The next one is going to be tougher, needing to do it 4 days full time and the £720 to pay for it is going to make it hard to find a time to do it. I'm aiming to have it done before Christmas otherwise the 2 year goal for this could become tougher to meet.

November 25th 2015
National A Licence... Completed!

This was the toughest of the lot so far but I am so glad I managed to get it done. My boss at work surprised me with a pay rise and gave me a week off to get this done knowing what I was doing. Apparently I've been impressing a lot of the big bosses and work and they are considering promoting me after almost 5 months here.

It's not been easy to get to this point but getting this done on time gives me a bit of breathing room to move forward onto the next one. I want to have it done by July 1st 2017. That's 584 days to get the final 4 completed which are 161 days of course in total.

It doesn't look any easier now than what it did when I started but I am just happy I have got this far. Apparently I'm making some noise in the FA as well as "that weird uni student". I don't care what other people are saying, I want to get my head down and focus on the end goal still.

May 18th 2016
Continental C Licence... Completed!

This was tough. So tough I had to quit the first time of asking as a fail means you can't attempt the course again for 2 years, not something I could risk. Having taken advantage of the odd loophole I managed to get back onto the course 3 months later in May and second time of asking saw success.

This course was a real eye opener. I had still been working up until April full time and it was affecting my success. After a long term of negotiating with my boss though I managed to get him down to 3 days a week full time and 3 part time in order to give me the time to study for these. I was working 5 full time days before but the extra day of work was in favour of him not being able to say no to holidays of up to 2 weeks, exactly what I needed for this licence.

Having to complete this I then booked the time of straight away and used some of my savings to fund it. I am right on track to complete the next course by the end of the year if I focus.

July 1st 2016
Continental B Licence... Completed!

This is one I wanted to get out of the way as quickly as possible. I had signed up for the course straight away after completing the last one and agreed with my boss to work full time 6 days a week up until January 1st 2017.

The aim was to make it so I only had the big 2 to complete in 2017. Needing the funding to do so I needed to work more and I aim to save enough before 2017 starts in order to afford them both. I already have enough to pay for the Continental Licence A and I have about half to pay for the Pro Licence.

I have 6 months to save that other half and then I have put my notice in for leaving on January 1st in order to start those courses. It will not be easy but it needs to be done, already with 5 under my belt I only have 2 more to go and I am so close I am looking at the changes in football to decide where I could go.​

kewl story, gonna start unemployed or?

February 16th 2017
National A Licence... Completed!

This was the big jump and I managed to complete it. Having just 5 days in between finishing work and starting this course saw me struggle to get everything revised before starting but when I was on the course I managed to do well.

It wasn't easy but supported by my girlfriend, family and friends I managed to get through it. Knowing I was on a strict deadline really pushed me through the final hurdle.

I was starting to attract attention from those in the FA and by a number of clubs. I seem to be amazing a lot of people and it is starting to show with me meeting a lot of big names; Harry Redknapp, Sir Alex Ferguson and Eddie Howe just to name a few.

Meeting the deadline is going to be tough. They have one announced date at the moment and I have missed it but I have heard they are setting one up that will finish on July 1st. If so that would just about meet my deadline and put me in a position to be ready for the beginning of next season.

I have more than enough money and support to complete this and I can only be thankful to those supporting me and I will continue to impress them and I am not failing this now as I would see it as a let down to them, not just myself.

Coming to the end of the journey I am ready to complete it and move forward. I am almost here and I am about to complete a new dream.

kewl story, gonna start unemployed or?
I will be starting unemployed, will aim to have a team before start of what will be 3rd season so there should be a few changes in each league to make it interesting.

April 4th 2017

Here I am about to begin the course for my Pro qualification and I will be finished on the 1st July. I'm just glad they announced this date otherwise I wouldn't have met my goal.

As only 203 people in England have the qualification it is all based in one centralised location when going through it and I will be doing it in Manchester. It isn't too far to travel for me but it will make each day longer. Still with everybody's support I head into this knowing I have to pass it to keep people proud.

July 1st 2017
2 years to the day that I started this journey and I have....

COMPLETED MY CONTINENTAL PRO LICENCE!

As of now I am the 204th English citizen to be a holder of the licence and after spending 84 days and £12000 on it I am glad I passed it.

At times it seemed impossible, it was the hardest thing I've ever done but I am glad I have done it. It was weird being there and seeing others fail it, we started off in a group of 14 but ended up with just 2 passing so it is definitely an achievement to be proud of.

This is where the true journey begins though, this is where I see if all this work pays off. I have to make it all worthwhile otherwise it is just 2 years and £22000 wasted for nothing. I have spent the last 2 years giving myself a new life path after getting kicked out of university and this is where I have to prove I made the right decision.

July 1st 2017
So here I am looking at the job market. Going through this 2 year period put my name out there in a lot of places and apparently there are a few teams who are interested in signing me in the future. The only problem is at the moment there is only 1 job in England at Leicester where Alan Pardrew is favourite.

I've shoved my application in as a hit and hope option whilst there is only 2 top tier jobs available elsewhere. I don't fancy France, the division is a one team league with PSG winning the title for the 5th year in a row, this time by 31 points.

The other job is Levante. They finished 8th in La Liga last season after finishing 16th the season before. They are a club who are building towards something and it seems an attractive position so I have shoved my application in for that as well.

At the moment things are looking a bit dull in the job market. Ideally I would like to be at a team prior to the season beginning. Leicester seems a long shot after finishes of 8th and 6th in the last couple of seasons and Levante would be a tough job to settle in with me not knowing a word of Spanish.

July 6th 2017
After 2 rejections in an hour I have a even smaller possibility of getting a job before the season starts. Pardrew has gone to Leicester and will look to break them into the top 4 this season whilst Levante rejected me before even hiring a manager.

It isn't all bad though. Whilst Leicester have filled a position Pardrew left Crystal Palace managerless leaving me with a chance to get into the premier league with mid-table regulars Palace. It's an interesting job, still with a lot of young talent at the club it could be a good project.

Some of the names I am seeing are putting me off. Palace are heavily linked with former Spurs manager Pochetinno who was sacked after last seasons disappointing 8th place finish in the premier league. It could be a waiting game to get a job...​

July 13th 2017
No rejection from Palace yet but a couple more jobs have opened up. RBL in Germany who got promoted 2 seasons ago when I started this journey and they then soldified their top tier status with a mid-table finish last season but for an unknown reason their manager resigned.

Elsewhere newly promoted Real Valladolid in Spain are managerless thanks to Levante. Another interesting prospect of management with the side expected to finish mid-table in a weak BBVA. I have put my names in for both jobs but am holding out for the Palace job, starting in England would make things a lot easier.​

July 24th 2017
2 more rejections have come in the last couple of weeks. Palace went for Pochetino, which you can't fault them for and Valladolid went for a Spanish manager, again you can't fault them for their decision.

With RBL taking a long time to give me a decision it seems as if I will be waiting for the first wave of dismissals of the season before I can pick up a position in management. Garry Monk at Burnley is struggling to keep his place after just 178 days in charge, he is struggling to replicate, now Newcastle manager, Sean Dyche's success.

I will continue to look and at the moment I am hoping to get a championship job through the first waves of sackings. My lack of experience in football seems to be factoring in a lot more than I expected it would and teams are wary of my lack of experience.

September 7th 2017
Over a 2 months have passed since I finished my Pro Licence course and I am still struggling to get anything. No jobs have been available since the RBL job went a day after Palace hired Poch.

It seems to be a long waiting game and whilst there are continuous links of premier league and football league managers getting the sack it continuously seems to be a load of ****. Burnley's Garry Monk has been under review for the past 2 months according to the media and at this point I'm not even sure he is at risk.

League 1 Bradford could be a good option if Craig Short were to be axed but he seems to be steadying the ship whilst in league 2 Northampton and Port Vale are both considering sacking their managers. I would have hoped to start higher up than league 2 but at this rate if the option arises I have to go for it, any more waiting around would be too frustrating.

I've had a couple of meetings with the media about my "journey" which currently seems more like a waste of £22000. I don't know whether I was under estimating what would happen or whether the hype around me is causing teams to be cautious. Whatever is happening I need it to stop.

After an original aim of having a job by the end of July, then my the end of August I am giving myself a more realistic goal of getting employment by new year. I don't know whether teams are willing to take the punt on an untested kid at this point and I am going to have to be thankful for anything that arises.

could u post your manager profile pls :)
As soon as I get a job I will be posting manager profile. At the moment it's looking like it will be November/December before I get a job. Also having problems with my laptop which isn't helping at the moment

November 28th 2017
After being rejected from at least 3 teams from each of the top 3 tiers in England as well as basically every team in Europe who had the managerial role open I knew I had to lower expectations a bit and that's when I got the Northampton job.

View attachment 152292
After Chris Wilder had built them up and took them to the brink of the playoffs 2 seasons ago he left to go to a bigger club. An interim manager took charge for the season and pulled them even closer to the playoffs with a 9th place finish. However over the summer they hired Worthington who accumalated just 4 wins in 20 games.

View attachment 152291
So just a point from safety it isn't too bad but interim manager Knill once again steadied the ship and got 4 points in 2 games which brought us this close, why he hasn't been given the job I don't know.

View attachment 152290
Financially they aren't doing too bad but Nigel Worthington did his best to try and upset that. Expected to deterioate in the coming months one of the jobs asked of me when signing the contract was to manage the finances and whilst it is doable there are issues that need sorting.

View attachment 152289
This being one of them. With just a month till the transfer window opens I will have work to do to improve the depth in the squad. The first team isn't too bad but past that there is little quality to support what is there. With 2 loan CBs starting there is a definite need for defenders in January.

So it took a lot longer than I wanted but I finally get to begin this journey properly. Northampton wasn't the first of my choices but lack of experience has been massive in the search for a job as seen by my drop down to league 2.