Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Steam updates EVERYTIME I turn on my laptop...

Reaction score
As the title says, everytime I switch on my laptop, steam updates. And it takes for ages, even though I have a good internet connection and laptop... I think it started after I had to uninstall and then reinstall steam... Anyone know how to stop it? It means I have to wait 30-60 mins everytime I went to go onto steam... :(

Reaction score
As the title says, everytime I switch on my laptop, steam updates. And it takes for ages, even though I have a good internet connection and laptop... I think it started after I had to uninstall and then reinstall steam... Anyone know how to stop it? It means I have to wait 30-60 mins everytime I went to go onto steam... :(
Happens to me to but only takes a few minutes

Staff member
Reaction score
Check that you are not part of the steam beta.

Reaction score
I've got the same problem, but it only happens on my laptop, and not on the PC. And it's only a minute or two like Corach1992