Steam updates EVERYTIME I turn on my laptop...

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
As the title says, everytime I switch on my laptop, steam updates. And it takes for ages, even though I have a good internet connection and laptop... I think it started after I had to uninstall and then reinstall steam... Anyone know how to stop it? It means I have to wait 30-60 mins everytime I went to go onto steam... :(

As the title says, everytime I switch on my laptop, steam updates. And it takes for ages, even though I have a good internet connection and laptop... I think it started after I had to uninstall and then reinstall steam... Anyone know how to stop it? It means I have to wait 30-60 mins everytime I went to go onto steam... :(

Happens to me to but only takes a few minutes

Check that you are not part of the steam beta.

I've got the same problem, but it only happens on my laptop, and not on the PC. And it's only a minute or two like Corach1992