Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Hi guys, following on from the success of my first tactic upload I have decided to make another one. This is a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards. All players contribute to goals scored not only the Forward.
I suggest to leave match prep to assistant and use no OI.
I have been testing and modifing this tactic over the past week and the final version is even better than the screenshots suggest. Score more goals and concede less.

Heres a few screens:
View attachment 184811 View attachment 184814 View attachment 184813

Tests have also been carried out with success on: Parma, Liverpool, Barcelona, Tottenham, Dortmund, West Brom and River Plate. But i do not have the saves now so cant provide shots.

Also link to file caqn be found here:
Steve*'s 4-2-3-1 Control Tactic - Downloads - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Please feel free to discuss the tactic here and I will help with any questions you may have. As the tactic works best with top half teams I will begin to develop a defensive variant for smaller teams in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
You'll also find I tested WBA. I'll re-try it now, just hope the "problem" of the late goals have been fixed.

You'll also find I tested WBA. I'll re-try it now, just hope the "problem" of the late goals have been fixed.

I havnt had any problems since i lowered the tempo a bit. Starting a new save myself with it now. Who did Andreas test it with?

Not sure. Probably Liverpool or Juventus.

Oh yeah, also tested with Uruguay and Brazil.

Sorry bud, I've only played a few games with your tactic... Turned in early yesterday and just got home from a birthday party today, so I cba to test your tactic drunk. So I'm gonna go on with it tomorrow :)

EDTI: No spelling mistakes because i'm a boss! :p

Any special tweaks with players ? Like fullbacks ? If so, can I see SS pal ?

Btw, I am testing it with SønderjyskE... My local team. A small team in the danish superliga. cba to do big temas like everyyone else!

Any special tweaks with players ? Like fullbacks ? If so, can I see SS pal ?

Not with Defenders. Midfielders have a few tweaks, mainly long range shots and run with ball. For some reason it doesnt come up in the tactic but set the LCB to Ball playing cover and RCB to Defender Stopper

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

EDTI: No spelling mistakes because i'm a boss! :p

Want a medal :p
Wondering why I havnt heard from you all day :p

Not with Defenders. Midfielders have a few tweaks, mainly long range shots and run with ball. For some reason it doesnt come up in the tactic but set the LCB to Ball playing cover and RCB to Defender Stopper

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Want a medal :p
Wondering why I havnt heard from you all day :p

Yeah i think i deserve a medal! :p

Yeah was at a birthday party. Been at it since 9am this morning. But to be fair, I'm gonna have a serious case of hangover tomorrow! :p

Hey steve just started a new game with liverpool and when you tested it with liverpool was it a new game and what players performed the best in certain positions?.

Hey steve just started a new game with liverpool and when you tested it with liverpool was it a new game and what players performed the best in certain positions?.

Well I didnt start the save with that tactic as that screen was in 2044. But I have tested with the default team. Keep all roles the way they are.
Carroll
Suarez---Gerrard---Kuyt
Lucas---Raul M
Robinson---Agger---Carra----Kelly
Reina​

I dont usually buy players in First season. Aurelio was solid back us as were Jova, Skretel and Suso. Most of the team have average ratings of about 7.5. Dont have the game running now otherwise i would show you a screen. If your using Carroll may i suggest clicking the target man box and supply to head.

lol you should have spelt edit correctly so your not boss, and yes im sad for picking you up on it :D iv been dying for a decent 4231 so i shall have a blast with it, thanks

lol you should have spelt edit correctly so your not boss, and yes im sad for picking you up on it :D iv been dying for a decent 4231 so i shall have a blast with it, thanks

I dont get what you said really... but yes please do try and leave feedback here. :)

this seems similar to the tactic i created. only its fluid & attack, not control.

i have my LCB set to Central Defender Stopper, and my RCB set to Ball Playing Defender Cover. a big part of my defence is i have my GK set to Sweeper Keeper and to distribute to my RCB which automatically makes the RCB drop deeper to collect the ball and attack from the back. this gives a very natural Stopper/Cover partnership as my LCB closes down quickly, wins headers & tackles hard, whilst the RCB stays back and covers anything that gets past.

Hull City

season 1 - promoted to prem & won league cup.
season 2 - finished 5th in the prem and did well in the europa *(qualified due to previous league cup win)
season 3 - finished 2nd in the prem
season 4 - finished 1nd in the prem and helped Uruguay win the world cup 2014. *(scored 102 conceded 19 in the prem)

once ive finished this 5th season i'll collect some screenshots and post the tactic on here for others to try.

hi, this is great tactic steve. i am playing with hajduk and great achievements, myphilosophy is buy cheap sell good :)) i have more than 100 million thanks to your tactic. 20 times in a row champions :)

Using it with Arsenal.Working nicely;JUST pipped Chelsea to the prem. Bit of a goal-leaker home & away though,so needs tweaking-Bolton and Villa both gave me a kicking I'll never forget! Or is it just the usual crappy Arsenal defence?View attachment 196906

Your defense may do better with a commanding CB. I usually concede 20 goals a season with this tactic when I use it.