• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 4K

Would you Care If Stevie G retired ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly thought he was over-rated BUT, now I think he is a class-act, I was absoloutely delighted that he scored twice today, and the style of the goals were sensational. The first one, was an absoloute rocket, and I firmly believe he is one of a dying race of players that play for England for the passion, not the money.
there is no money in playing for england they give their fees to charity, but i know what you mean, though you look at the very young ones coming through, they really wanna play for england.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

there are several things you could criticse gerrard for, but not caring about england is definitely not one of them

If he wasn't playing for England against Hungary, chances are you'd be sitting here fuming about a 1-0 loss now. Most Liverpool fans put club before country, not sure why, I do myself.

tbh i think most the english players are a waste the world cup was a wake up call we have over rated players hate to say it but we do. let players play with small egos not bit egos.
lol we cant evan score in the first half against hungary ******* joke what does that make us wow we won against a small nation big ******* whoop.

Prove me wrong england

tbh i think most the english players are a waste the world cup was a wake up call we have over rated players hate to say it but we do. let players play with small egos not bit egos.
lol we cant evan score in the first half against hungary ******* joke what does that make us wow we won against a small nation big ******* whoop.

Prove me wrong england
yeah because we're supposed to thump every team 4-1? hungary are decent. we were ok, some very good passing from us which we havent seen for a while, creating lots of chances, which we dont really do very well. the young players were good, giibs was excellent. im betting you're one those fans who is never happy unless we're thrashing someone. we've got a long way to go but tonight was a step in the right direction.

Why?Did you want them to lose?Would that make you happy?

no a 5 0 win would make me happy lol but its just borin football now why has it become so slow a whole 4 mins of no goals feel for the people who went out to see the game tonight .

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

yeah because we're supposed to thump every team 4-1? hungary are decent. we were ok, some very good passing from us which we havent seen for a while, creating lots of chances, which we dont really do very well. the young players were good, giibs was excellent. im betting you're one those fans who is never happy unless we're thrashing someone. we've got a long way to go but tonight was a step in the right direction.

am happy when the team plays like a team and england anit no more some thing has gone wrong rooney was **** and he cant play on his own we know that ferguson did it failed.and the young players was good but i still feel we need some think needs to change we wount have no chance in the euros.and why dont know one sing the antham except for tonght 3 players did not sing but they all should.

Prove me wrong england

I wouldn't say Steven Gerrard has a big ego, that is if you were referring to him. It's people like you who pile the pressure on England to win convincingly each and every game. The Premier League starts in a couple of days, the players can hardly go out there and give 100%. I never said the win against Hungary was any good, but if we had lost people would have definitely been very angry right now (and lets face it we'd of probably lost if Gerrard wasn't playing).

no a 5 0 win would make me happy lol but its just borin football now why has it become so slow a whole 4 mins of no goals feel for the people who went out to see the game tonight .

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

am happy when the team plays like a team and england anit no more some thing has gone wrong rooney was **** and he cant play on his own we know that ferguson did it failed.and the young players was good but i still feel we need some think needs to change we wount have no chance in the euros.and why dont know one sing the antham except for tonght 3 players did not sing but they all should.
christ, no offence but thats the type of attitude that put england where they are in the first place. did you even watch the world cup, the smaller sides arent whipping boys anymore, they set themselves out to be tough to break down, hit you on the counter. as you saw by the scores teh days of teh constant thrashings are over. think you need to take look at what you expect from football mate, and realise you're quite far off the reality of the game

christ, no offence but thats the type of attitude that put england where they are in the first place. did you even watch the world cup, the smaller sides arent whipping boys anymore, they set themselves out to be tough to break down, hit you on the counter. as you saw by the scores teh days of teh constant thrashings are over. think you need to take look at what you expect from football mate, and realise you're quite far off the reality of the game

ok so why do spain win games? and we dont and i did wacth the world cup and we was ***** but england use to be a good team now we not

ok so why do spain win games? and we dont and i did wacth the world cup and we was ***** but england use to be a good team now we not

Spain got beat by Mexico tonight, no? It's a friendly mate, calm down. We are a good team, peoples expectations are just far too high.

because spain are much better side than us from the first team right down to how they teach the game. we are 7th 8th side, always have been since 1996. this country has though we were better than we actually were and now we've been brought down to realise and finally realised the work we have to put in from top to bottom. anyway we're off topic and gerrard isnt gonna retire so gonna close the thread

Spain got beat by Mexico tonight, no? It's a friendly mate, calm down. We are a good team, peoples expectations are just far too high.

so if it is just a warm up how will we cope in the euros buddy and i did not know spain lost tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back