Stewartie - Millwall, The Lions - The making of the kings of the Jungle.

StewartieDEE

Reaction score
The Lions

images

images

BREAKING NEWS:

Kenny Jackett has been relieved from his duties as Millwall F.C manager.

Kenny Jackett has been sacked as the manager of Millwall after nearing his 6th year in charge of The Lions. The decision has come after many meetings earlier this month with the board and finally Kenny has been sacked. Millwall finished in a some what disappointing 16th in the npower championship last season and this has ultimately cost Kenny his job.

Millwall chairman John Berylson had this to say shortly after the decision - " First of all, I find this the correct time for Kenny to go as we have time to appoint a new manager. Also we find that the club needs to go in a different direction and we will do all we can to ensure this is for the better, but I would also like to thank Kenny for his hard work, time and commitment after a long spell at the club and wish him all the best. I also want to ensure that the fans stay patient as we assess all possibly candidates for the job."

We await to hear more news on who may be the next man to take The Lions hot seat and there have been a couple of names thrown into the hat already, such as Derek McInnes and Billy Davies.

The Lions

images

south+london+press+logo.png

Millwall narrow the hunt down to two candidates.

Millwall Chairman John Berylson has emerged today saying that there is now only two people in contention for the job. One of these men is believed to be former Bristol City manager Derek McInnes but the other is currently unknown according to close sources.

Millwall director Peter Garston released a statement late last night - " We can inform you that after receiving a number of applications for the post, that there is now only 2-3 people still in the running. I'm not obliged to tell you who these men are but ensure that anyone of these men should be trusted by the fans.

This leads to exciting times for Millwall fans as their new man will most likely be announced in the coming days.

The Lions
images

Z

Millwall have announced former Scotland international Joe 'Stewartie' Stewart has their new manager.

Former Celtic, Dundee and Arsenal player Joe Stewart has became the newest manager at The Den. This will be his first time in management and has come as a shock as he beat bookies favorite Derek McInnes to the post.

Millwall chairman John Berylson talked to us soon after the announcement "Joe seems the ideal man for the job and i'm glad that negotiations went so smoothly and were finalized very quickly. The fans should be proud as Joe has a very good potential and knows his way about the footballing community, after all he did play 67 times for his country and is a very passionate man."

We also caught up with the man of the moment, Stewartie said "I'm not a stupid guy, I know whats tough and I have a good understanding on how to deal with problems such as morale, yeah a right good kick up the archie (laughter) Nah, to a more serious note i'm very pleased with the trust that the board has had in me and hope that I can succeed with such a good backing fae the fans and will make sure that no player lacks in work rate and commitment for the Lion on his chest aye"

The Way Forward!

Players (That will feature) :

View attachment 319225 View attachment 319226 View attachment 319227 View attachment 319228 View attachment 319229 View attachment 319230 View attachment 319231 View attachment 319232 View attachment 319233 View attachment 319234 View attachment 319235 View attachment 319236 View attachment 319237 View attachment 319238 View attachment 319239 View attachment 319240

Transfer - I was given around £1 million transfer budget but spent this on loan fees etc...,I had Rob Hulse (already there) on loan until January, Ben Amos from Man United (All season), Callum McManaman on loan from Wigan (All season), Adam Smith on loan from Spurs (All season) and signed right back Laurenti on a free. These signings made me more confident of achieving our goals of a top half finish.

This is my defensive approach to the game. As I have 3 solid center backs and 2 good defensive midfielders, this formation works very well when facing a tough opponent most likely away from home. Many wonder if this formation would create chances for goals, but I also had this thought at the start but after a few games this grew on me as I had the positions available.

My more attacking formation also works when facing a beatable week defensive squad preferably at home. This allows more free flowing attacking-like football to be played. To be fair when I go 2-0 up I would most likely change back to the 5-2-1-2 just in case.

The Lions

images

August Report:

Capital One Cup - 1st Round: Oxford United 1-2 Millwall
Justin Richards (55,pen), Jame Henry(25,pen), and Andy Keogh(51)

npower Championship: Ipswich 2-0 Millwall
Tyrone Barnett(35), Ashley Barnes(78)

npower Championship: Millwall 2-0 Birmingham
Andy Keogh(19,50)

npower Championship: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Millwall
Chris Maguire(4), Andy Keogh(37)

Capital One Cup - 2nd Round: Millwall 0-1 Fulham
Mlanden Petric(38)

Player Of The Month:

Andy Keogh - 3 MOTM awards (for me) On form showing his great eye for goal and fully deserved player of the month.

Top Goal Scorer:
Andy Keogh - 4 Goals, showing top form and his performances may prove vital throughout the season.

Not the worst of starts to this save, we drawn a tough draw at premiership opposition Fulham and were only narrow in defeat. In the league we have gathered one of each, A win at home against a good Birmingham team which i'm very pleased of, A draw against a beatable Sheffield Wednesday team which on another day we would have taken all three points and an opening day loss against a mediocre Ipswich team who were good value on the day for their win to be fair. Overall we can easily build on this month by switching around my two tactics a bit to try an achieve our aims of a top half finish.

article-0-14C90977000005DC-170_468x310.jpg

The Lions
images

September Report:

npower Championship: Millwall 2-1 Blackburn
Martyn Woolford(51), Nadjim Abdou(53), Danny Murphy(80)

npower Championship: Millwall 1-1 Crystal Palace
Martyn Woolford(60), Glenn Murray(86)

npower Championship: Middlesborough 1-1 Millwall
Ishmael Miller(73), Callum McManaman(14,pen)

npower Championship: Millwall 1-0 Leicester
Shane Lowry(71)

npower Championship: Bristol City 3-1 Millwall

Jon Stead(18,53,pen,64) Karleigh Osborne(66)

Player Of The Month:

Shane Lowry - 2 MOTM awards, and was very solid at the back.

Top Goal Scorer:

Martyn Woolford - 2 goals, showing his worth for the starting line up.

A relatively good month with being undefeated at home in which two of these were wins against higher ranked teams than ourselves. Also two draws isn't bad at all but was disappointed with the late goal conceded in the derby against Palace as we failed to see the game out and sat back allowing pressure to build which ultimately cost us all three points and bragging rights. I suppose the loss at Bristol City was also a let down as we played very poor but overall I am happy with this month.

shane-lowry-millwall-charlton.jpg

The Lions

millwall-4383-455077_478x359.jpg

October Report:

npower Championship: Millwall 2-3 Nottingham Forest
Martyn Woolford(70,76), Danny Collins(61), Billy Sharp(73,86)

npower Championship: Peterborough 2-1 Millwall
Scott Wootten(36), Dwight Gayle(40), Martyn Woolford(52)

npower Championship: Millwall 0-1 Leeds
El-Hadji Diouf(51)

npower Championship: Millwall 1-1 Watford
Andy Keogh(71,pen), Alex Geijo(13)

npower Championship: Blackpool 1-3 Millwall
Matt Derbyshire(73), Martyn Woolford(7,69), Shane Lowry(34)

Player Of The Month:

Martyn Woolford - 2 MOTM awards and showing that when given the chance that he could score much needed goals for us.

Top Goal Scorer:

Martyn Woolford - 5 goals.

This month however had not gone to plan. On the back of a defeat from the last game of last month, we fell victim to the dreaded losing run of 4 in a row (two of which were our first loses at home all season). If there is a positive to take away it has to be the goal scoring form of Martyn Woolford as he gets 5 for the month and 7 for the season while playing AML in our formation. Also the last two games went well with a good earned draw against Watford and a thumping 3-1 win at Blackpool.

millwall_1012529c.jpg

Last edited:
The Lions
millwall.gif

November Report:

npower Championship: Barnsley 0-0 Millwall

npower Championship: Millwall 0-1 Bolton
Kevin Davies(24)

npower Championship: Charlton 0-1 Millwall
Karleigh Osborne(80)

npower Championship: Derby 2-1 Millwall
Jeff Hendrick(79), Conor Sammon(84, Andy Keogh(41)

npower Championship: Millwall 0-1 Hull City
Matty Fryatt(50)

npower Championship: Millwall 5-1 Cardiff
Rob Hulse(4,27), Andy Keogh(7,40,pen 90), Joe Mason(18)

Player Of The Month:
Shane Lowry - 2 MOTM awards and was very solid once again at the back and shared this for most of the month with his partner in crime - big bad Karleigh Osborne.

Top Goal Scorer:

Andy Keogh -3 goals. Andy's back to his scoring ways in hope that'll be one of the top strikers in the league by the end of the season.

This month was certainly one to forget as we lost a number of games which we could/should have won. The 2-1 defeat at Derby was a major disappointment having been leading the match with around 10 minutes to go. But to be fair to the lads we done well to defeat our rivals Charlton and I was very pleased with the performance at home against Cardiff and hope that this will bring a bit of luck and form for going into next month. This month, I started off by trying to play a more offensive; fluid; pleasing to the eye and attacking style of football but this failed dramatically and so by the end of the month I changed back to the 5 at the back defensive line up which paid off against Cardiff.

team198-317798_396x223.png

Stewartie - Millwall, The Lions - Moving on up?

The Lions
200px-Millwall_FC_logo.png

December Report:

npower Championship: Millwall 1-3 Huddesfield
Callum McManaman(71), Adam Clayton(20) Carl Baker(73) Peter Clarke(83)

npower Championship: Brighton 1-1 Millwall
Andrew Crofts(68), Andy Keogh(65)

npower Championship: Burnley 1-2 Millwall
David Edgar(7), Andy Keogh(14) Rob Hulse(53)

npower Championship: Millwall 2-0 Wolves
Nathan Tyson(10,29)

npower Championship: Millwall 0-0 Ipswich

npower Championship: Birmingham 0-0 Millwall

npower Championship: Millwall 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday
Liam Feeney(1,65)

Player Of The Month:

Nadjim Abdou along with Danny Shittu received 2 MOTM awards with Nadjim playing a very good role infront of the defence, putting in great tackles and fantastic positioning.

Top Goal Scorer:

Nathan Tyson, Andy Keogh and Liam Feeney - with 2 goals each.

This month proved very successful, 6 without defeat especially!!! with only 1 defeat this month. The wins and draws throughout the month were mainly achieved with my 5-2-1-2 formation as we were solid and still managed to get enough goals to win three of the matches. This puts us in 8th position going into January and our aim of top half is looking more and more realistic, Thoughts of playoffs have struck my mind but I don't think my squad has enough consistency to do this.

article-1209050-062E768F000005DC-426_634x423.jpg

Last edited:
Good start and great result against Cardiff. Can you post a league table every now and then?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Yeah thanks mate, the result and match against Cardiff was honestly one of the best performance ive seen on football manager. However about the league table, I am currently at the end of the season but took note of my matches but never took screen shots for the league which is a pain, but I will definitely in future do this every month. Cheers mate.

The Lions
logo98-200121_478x359.jpg

January Report:

npower Championship: Blackburn 1-3 Millwall
Nuno Gomes(4), Nathan Tyson(48,67) Danny Shittu(76)

FA Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 1-0 Millwall
Sanchez Watt(20)

npower Championship: Crystal Place 0-2 Millwall
Andy Keogh(30,54)

npower Championship: Leicester 1-2 Millwall
Harry Kane(40), Callum McManaman(15) Nathan Tyson(77)

npower Championship: Millwall 4-0 Middlesborough
Andy Keogh(9,33,87) Callum McManaman(11)

Player Of The Month:

Ben Amos - 2 MOTM awards, the keeper on loan from Manchester United is playing very well between the sticks.

Top Goal Scorer:

Andy Keogh - 5 goals, Andy's causing some real damage in front of goal as the Advanced Forward role seems to be suiting him well.

This was a great month of results carrying on from December. This takes our unbeaten run to 10 in the league with 7 of them wins. Our only defeat came in the FA Cup to Premiership quality under Arsenal, who we played very well against and were unlucky in defeat. Also the 2-0 win over our rivals Crystal Palace was also very pleasing and with Andy back on the goals we are currently 6th!! in the league.

bib_tt_millwall.jpg

The Lions

February Report:

npower Championship: Millwall 0-1 Bristol City
Liam Kelly(66)

npower Championship: Millwall 1-0 Peterborough
Shane Lowry(4)

npower Championship: Nottingham Forest 2-2 Millwall
Chris Cohen(64) Darius Henderson(93), Daniel Ayala(o.g 65) Liam Feeney(83)

npower Championship: Leeds 3-2 Millwall
Luke Varney(40,50) Steve Morison(78), Andy Keogh(28,30)

Player Of The Month:

Shane Lowry - 2 MOTM awards, he was our best player this month as in the draw vs Forest and win vs Peterborough he was solid in the back 5.

Top Goal Scorer:

Andy Keogh - 2 goals, makes his way into the top three goal scorers in the league.

A rather disappointing month as January was so good previously. Our 10 game undefeated run came to an end at Bristol City and although we won at Peterborough, the loss to rivals Leeds was a hard one to take. This puts us down to 8th in the league with dreams of playoffs fading, but to be fair to the lads they didn't play that bad during the month and I hope that we can bounce back to the December/January form as soon as possible.

D17LUT_325257k.jpg

The Lions

March Report:

npower Championship: Millwall 1-1 Blackpool
Andy Keogh(86), Gary Taylor-Fletcher(33)

npower Championship: Watford 0-2 Millwall
Nathan Tyson(70) Mark Beevers(94)

npower Championship: Bolton 3-0 Millwall
Kevin Davies(46,67,69)

npower Championship: Millwall 1-1 Barnsley
Liam Feeney(19), Chris O'Grady(14)

npower Championship: Millwall 2-0 Charlton
Liam Trotter(11) Andy Keogh(42,pen)

Player Of The Month:

Mark Beevers - 2 MOTM awards and fit in well for the injured Danny Shittu at the back.

Top Goal Scorer:

Andy Keogh - 2 goals, played quite well.

This month went well with us sitting in 5th place, however the league from 5th to even 10th still only has 2-3 points in it. This month also got us two good victories with Keogh, Trotter and Beevers showing their worth. With playoffs in sight there is still a chance if we manage to get some good performances next month but surely not?

millwallget_2483103b.jpg

The Lions:

March (+Last remaining league game in May) Report:

npower Championship: Millwall 1-0 Derby
Andy Keogh(60)

npower Championship: Hull City 1-0 Millwall
David Meyler(10)

npower Championship: Cardiff 2-0 Millwall
Frazier Campbell(19), Craig Bellamy(45+1)

npower Championship: Millwall 1-0 Brighton
Andy Keogh(68)

npower Championship: Huddersfield 1-0 Millwall
Lee Novak(12 pen)

npower Championship: Wolves 4-2 Millwall
Kevin Doyle(8,70) Karl Henry(16) Stephen Ward(59), Andy Keogh(18,62)

(In may) Millwall 2-0 Burnley
Chris Taylor(10), Andy Keogh(16 pen)

PLAYOFFS, YA DANCER!!!

Player Of The Month (April):

Danny Shittu - 2 MOTM awards and returning from a month out in style!

Top Goal Scorer:

Andy Keogh - 4 Goals

To be honest, result wise this month was very poor with 4! losses and only 2 wins. HOWEVER we have reached the playoffs which is quality considering our mid-table expectation, we have Burnley in the semi-finals in which I am buzzing for!!!!

League table not available as it shows in highlighted green who wins the playoffs :( But I can tell you That I finished 6th on 68 points with Brighton on 68 also but me having a 4 better goal difference. Table will be put up after playoffs.

West+Ham+United+v+Millwall+-+Carling+Cup

images

Stewartie's Lions reach playoffs in what can only be described as a dream season at The Den.

Millwall have secured 6th place in the npower Championship very narrowly on goal difference and have drawn Burnley in the semi-finals. With some concerns over Joe Stewart's appointment at the start of the season with reporters calling him 'un-experienced' have been silenced with his teams courage and depth to get a fantastic oppertunity at the end of the season.

We caught up with Chairman John Berylson: "Its quite unbelievable if i'm being frank, we offered Joe the job with hope that in a couple of season we would be in a position like this. The financial benefits from this season are astonishing and I would like to thank the players, fans and Joe himself for what has been a very pleasing footballing season here at The Den"

We also got a brief statement from Joe Stewart earlier today: "I'm very happy of course of what the lads have achieved, however I must remind them that the season is not over and hope that maybe this good season may get even better"

Overall this season for Millwall has been helped by the impressive performances by Ben Amos, Liam Trotter, Nadjim Abdou, Danny Shittu, Shane Lowry and the goal machine Andy Keogh. However this season hasn't always been calm for Joe has reports back in February resulted in a fine for his comments on Leeds player El-hadj Diouf which read: "Hes a f****** disgrace tae football, ugly b******" and also his scrap with The People Journalist Tim Hart seen him docked after a disappointing defeat at Charlton.

Playoff First-Leg: Millwall 1-0 Burnley
David Edgar(o.g 34)

Playoff Second-Leg: Burnley 2-4 Millwall
Sam Vokes(18,45) ,Andy Keogh(2,20,44) Liam Trotter ( 6 )

Playoff First-Leg: Huddersfield 3-3 Watford
James Vaughan(4,24) Lee Novak(69), Matej Vydra(28) Alex Geijo(40) Almen Abdi(45+1)

Playoff Second-Leg: Watford 0-1 Huddersfield
Lee Novak(92)

The Lions Escape The Den!

_49252589_cardiff-millwall-grab.jpg

Last edited:
Season 13/14:

Transfer Centre:

View attachment 322426

Brought In:

Nigel Hassslbaink:
Looks very promising in my opinion, he was rated better before I signed him on a pre-contract in January. Still he will make a few appearances there and then.
View attachment 322440

Iain Vigurs: Again I think hes better than the report says. He should be starting in either the left midfield or attacking left position and I hope he makes a difference and adds some stability in the squad.
View attachment 322446

Ben Amos: Back again on loan from Man Utd, one of my best players last season and very good between the sticks, i'm grateful to have him back at The Den.
View attachment 322447

Jerome Thomas:
On loan from West Brom, Looks to add a bit of flair and pace to the team. He will mainly be playing attacking right.
View attachment 322452

Adam Blakeman: Brought in for cover at left back. Not much to say, just needed some numbers incase of injury.
View attachment 322465

Ronny Rodelin: A striker brought in on loan to accompany Andy Keogh up top. Looks a good player and I hope that can be the man to grab a few goals and help out Andy this time round.
View attachment 322466

Formations:

View attachment 322467 View attachment 322468 View attachment 322469

What's New? - This Season:

Every monthly update will now include a League Table, Formations by my team and the opposition, and also the match stats and scorers in a screenshot for you all to see.

Again this season, I have chosen the safe side by selecting mid-table finish even though I know that there is a
possibility of my lads reaching the playoffs again, well if were at our best.

Thanks for all those who follow this and hope that you join me in this new layout for the upcoming season.

Great first season mate, really unlucky not to get promoted, but I reckon you can do it this season! Hasselbaink is a tank, scored 33 league goals for me when I was managing Aberdeen, and the SPL is at a similar level to the Championship :) good luck for the next season!

Also, if you have a spare minute, please can you vote on who I should be for my story? :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...r-stories/116373-fm13-story-who-should-i.html