Stockport County: Through Blood, Sweat And Admin

HarryinHD

Reaction score
Right, I've decided to do a story thread as Stockport County on the FM2010 demo.
Considering that we're extremely weak and have the youngest average age in the entire football league I know that this wont be an easy job.
I'm hoping to sign some good experienced players and a good solid centre back to hold the back line.

I've been given a transfer budget of 10k and a wage budget that gives us £5k to spend, so not much to work with really but it'll have to do.

I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 but need a stronger striker at the top, should be easy to find one considering all of the free agents about. The squad is also very small so I might invest in some backups and younger players to bolster it up a bit.

Hope that you're interested and will follow, I'll be continuing this save on the full game as soon as I get it so dont just be expecting the 6 months then nothing after that.

Oh Yeah, is it still ALT+F9 to save screenshots?​

ALT+F9 = Screenshots :D, YAY a stockport thread by Harry, I will be following for sure mate XD

Good luck mate, i've always liked Stockport, Gannon has been sorely missed though

Is there any point really ? The demo only lasts for half a season.

updates VERY soon, I just need to remember to post screenshots when I'm on fm...sorry for the delay :)

Update Number.1

An amazing performance up to now from the lads, couldn't have asked any more from them.
I made some big signings in the summer, bringing in loads of young free agents and a few older, key players like Seyfo Soley, Vincent Pericard and Sofiane Zaaboub.
The best result to this point would probably be my 3-0 win early on in the season against Southampton, amazing performance from Pericard, put two goals away and got an assist.

Great m8 i'll be following, i allways enjoy ur story threads :B

nice start, stockport arent that great but u will do a good job, whats your tactics?

nice start, stockport arent that great but u will do a good job, whats your tactics?
"Stockport aren't that great" something I'd expect from a city fan ;) haha
cheers for following though mate, I play an advanced 4-5-1 that I made on the tactic creator, I'll send it you if you want? :)

thats would be good i knw im nt him, but i'd be interested in having a pop at that tactic, seeing wat u've done soo i can learn how to kinda make my own mark on my own tactics, my own distinctive style if that makes sense

yeah lol that would be great, and i like stockport alot more than bury and rochdale and chester if thats any consolation, you have a good goalkeeper

thats would be good i knw im nt him, but i'd be interested in having a pop at that tactic, seeing wat u've done soo i can learn how to kinda make my own mark on my own tactics, my own distinctive style if that makes sense
Of course mate, no problem :)
Here it is.
Make sure you play a RB & LB with good pace and tackling. A DM with good passing ability. A striker who's good in the air and two wingers who have good passing and finishing.
Let me know how you do :)